Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Medallions Are Not Equal To Free Items At Level Up.

Skaleek

Unfortunately handing in medallions also decreases your rep with other factions. This is NOT equal to getting something free during a rank up. Let me explain: Getting a free Mod worth 30k rep is a net gain of +30k rep with no cost to other factions. Getting 30k rep from medallions and -30k rep with your other faction can be severely detrimental based on where you currently are with your syndicate farming.

I maxed out Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis. This left me neutral with Steel Meridian and hated by Red Veil. Since finishing Suda and Hexis, i have been leveling up Meridian, and by proxy, Veil. This means that im currently liked by red Veil and Meridian, but should I choose to redeem these medallions you have given me, I will destroy any and all rep with Veil.

Basically, these medallions are useless to me for the time being. I brought this up in the original PSA about the medallions and was hoping this would be considered. I will, of course, deal with it. It's just important to note that this is not equal to a free gift at level up, mathematically speaking.

Wasn't asking for advice on how to syndicate level, bottom line is: I am where I am with syndicates. I just wont hand these medallions in yet and deal with it as it comes. I just hope that DE recognizes why this isnt mathematically equal and will avoid such folly in the future.

Edited by Skaleek

Unfortunately handing in medallions also decreases your rep with other factions. This is NOT equal to getting something free during a rank up. Let me explain: Getting a free Mod worth 30k rep is a net gain of +30k rep with no cost to other factions. Getting 30k rep from medallions and -30k rep with your other faction can be severely detrimental based on where you currently are with your syndicate farming.

I maxed out Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis. This left me neutral with Steel Meridian and hated by Red Veil. Since finishing Suda and Hexis, i have been leveling up Meridian, and by proxy, Veil. This means that im currently liked by red Veil and Meridian, but should I choose to redeem these medallions you have given me, I will destroy any and all rep with Veil.

Basically, these medallions are useless to me for the time being. I brought this up in the original PSA about the medallions and was hoping this would be considered. I will, of course, deal with it. It's just important to note that this is not equal to a free gift at level up, mathematically speaking.

I was expecting free items as-well but...I guess not. Guess it sucks to be us who already maxed out our syn :L

Where are the medaillons? I was lvl 3 in 2 syndicates before they added level up rewards. I can't find any, where are they supposed to be?

If you go into the hub into one of the syndicate rooms, there will be an npc with some medallions on the ground. You can interact with said npc to get rep points with  your current medallions.

don't do 4 syndicates plain and simple.. do 3 and trade for what you want from the other three syndicates.

Some of us like the challenge/silly idiocy of it, though. Sure, it's 50% slower gain on everything but that's just part of the path we took.

Still, good to know this information for those of us who are ranking up more than three syndicates.

don't do 4 syndicates plain and simple.. do 3 and trade for what you want from the other three syndicates.

This an option that people who already commited to 4 or more synicates can't really consider without wasting all the effort.

An obvious point that doesn't really add anything to the conversation.

I think this pretty much covers it.

It does only if you choose to blindly support DE and turn your attention away from the insulting way they had treated us.

First and Foremost: We get 80k for a Maxed Syndicate while, taking into account the pick-ups listed below, we could have got a total of 102.5k worth of rewards.

Level 1: Discipline Sigil =7.5k
Level 2: Choice Sigil = 15k
Level 3: Large Energy Restore Blueprint = 25k
Level 4: Truth Mod = 25k
Level 5: Truth Sigil = 30k

22k are lost to us, for a Rank10+ is around a day of farming, for the lower Ranks it'll take more. I'm not taking into account that people could have got 100k worth of reward by just choosing the Weapon. Even if DE decided to not say anything, it could still be considered a fix over their own lack of attentions.

Beside I, and with me I suppose many others, got Medallions only for one Syndicate but had another one Ranked at 3 or 4 and got nothing for them. (Feel free to inform me if this was a personal issue I had or just the norm.)

Second: We got rewarded late. Given DE doesn't really pay to handle these things, they could have been way more generous to the players that had been waiting for all this time. They could even have mailed the weapon to us. Instead, we got less than what we could have reaped.

Third: These medallions lowers your Rank with other guilds. They're not a bonus like the freebies, after all it saved you to farm and thus lower some reputation, but just cheap insta-reputation.

Fourth: Since DE had stated nothing about the Medallions' nature, people who had started to rep a 4th Syndicate is totally precluded to use them without consequences. It doesn't seems fair, to me, to keep these vital informations hidden.

And I'm pretty sure that even this doesn't sums it all...
Edited by Branwyn

Listen, this isnt meant to hate on DE. I can see how this would happen, and yeah it makes sense that medallions work this way. I just think its important to note that it is not equivalent. I guess its my compulsary need to complain. Hell, they could've given us nothing at all too. Its not really a big deal to be honest, its 2 days of work. Fine whatever.

Obviously DE isnt "out to get us". I just felt the need to bring this to their attention. Please don't turn this into a bash DE thread cause they dont deserve that.

Edited by Skaleek

It does only if you choose to blindly support DE and turn your attention away from the insulting way they had treated us.

First and Foremost: We get 80k for a Maxed Syndicate while, taking into account the pick-ups listed below, we could have got a total of 102.5k worth of rewards.

Level 1: Discipline Sigil =7.5k
Level 2: Choice Sigil = 15k
Level 3: Large Energy Restore Blueprint = 25k
Level 4: Truth Mod = 25k
Level 5: Truth Sigil = 30k

22k are lost to us, for a Rank10+ is around a day of farming, for the lower Ranks it'll take more. I'm not taking into account that people could have got 100k worth of reward by just choosing the Weapon. Even if DE decided to not say anything, it could still be considered a fix over their own lack of attentions.

Beside I, and with me I suppose many others, got Medallions only for one Syndicate but had another one Ranked at 3 or 4 and got nothing for them. (Feel free to inform me if this was a personal issue I had or just the norm.)

Second: We got rewarded late. Given DE doesn't really pay to handle these things, they could have been way more generous to the players that had been waiting for all this time. They could even have mailed the weapon to us. Instead, we got less than what we could have reaped.

Third: These medallions lowers your Rank with other guilds. They're not a bonus like the freebies, after all it saved you to farm and thus lower some reputation, but just cheap insta-reputation.

Fourth: Since DE had stated nothing about the Medallions' nature, people who had started to rep a 4th Syndicate is totally precluded to use them without consequences. It doesn't seems fair, to me, to keep these vital informations hidden.

And I'm pretty sure that even this doesn't sums it all...

What you're talking about here feels like a different story compared to how I understood the OP. Perhaps I just missed his point?

Hopefully you guys get answers soon.

I know the feel. I've been working on balancing Cephalon, Loka, and Perrin, and redeeming them totally killed my rep with Cephalon, costing me a few hundred thousand credits, and potato, and a forma. I've had punishments that weren't as bad as that "reward". :I