The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Pigment Grind

LadyScootaloo

I have nothing to add. Curse this stupidity. I've always hated the fact larger clans have a higher cost but that was what we lose to have more friends available.

This is disgusting.

-goes to farm anyway- 

tl;dr : I'm whining and DE punishes people for hanging in bigger clans. (this is still whining. Deal with it. I need to complain.)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

You don't have to kill Anyo 2000 times. You don't have to have that color. You aren't entitled to that color.

Good point.

All fun stuff that I am not entitled to in a game should be put behind a grindwall because I am not entitled to fun if I don't work in this game.

I agree completely.

People who have to kill Anyo 2000 times.

Imagine the fun of having tech research priveledges available to all (because there's literally never been a downside to this previously) and having someone who didn't know what they were doing be the first one in after the patch and queue up research on the purple. You know, the one that requires 1000 pigments from the Zanuka Hunter (the invader, not the Alad V boss fight sidekick). Research that you can't cancel and blocks access to the rest until completed.

I am a very annoyed Warlord.

Imagine the fun of having tech research priveledges available to all (because there's literally never been a downside to this previously) and having someone who didn't know what they were doing be the first one in after the patch and queue up research on the purple. You know, the one that requires 1000 pigments from the Zanuka Hunter (the invader, not the Alad V boss fight sidekick). Research that you can't cancel and blocks access to the rest until completed.

This was me 5 minutes ago. Except I'm the warlord. Lets just say I'm going to keep my eye out for a certain creepy stalker for a while.

Split the alliance vault => got ~15k zanuka hunter pigments => finished anti violett(30 needed) => cant "grind" for the next color because we have to wait 36 hours!. i cant even "rush" the research with plat!

And it takes almost 2 month to get every color!

I m ok with farming one after another but not researching one after another. it's just a stupid "please-wait-wall"

The hotfix who "fixed" this broke it in my opinion.

And where is pink or black, or other colors?

I dont need 7 orange, 12 brown and other similar colors. I want diversity, not "almost the same over and over again"  (most of the colors are almost the same for me)

Edit: i highlighted the term "Please-wait-wall" because you "trade money for time" http://youtu.be/jdGYmTNIeeA?t=19m25s as stated here by Steve Sinclair

and i cant even buy time for money to rush dojo researches.

Guess what? i want to rush it or even better: reverse this

• Only one color can be researched at a time in the Dojo.

which was done with Hotfix 15.6.2

Edited by -ExT-Fraank

I love the fact we can color this dull hall...but i dont love the fact i have to put in extra work because some genius built a bigger clan barracks and then realized he couldnt even reverse the cost of things that he does not even work for, leaving the ones who actually work for it with more stress. I love the colors and would work for them, -not all tho...kinda silly on some but nekros helps-  but the punishment for someones mistake and having a biggerclan is kinda much.    
That and i finished one color but it wont let me start another due to the fact it keeps saying only one can be done at a time when there are no others being done.

New issue:  We have completed one research and colored part of the dojo with that one color. 

Now we can't start a new color because "You cannot research more than one Dojo color at a time."   - But we aren't researching any Dojo colors at all.  And yes, I did check all of them to see if someone started a project and did not contribute.  

edit: This fixed itself after I rushed the paint in the room we used the first color, logged out, exited the game, and came back.  No idea what/why it happened or got fixed.

Edited by Westmin

I think you can reset it by destroying and rebuilding the Tenno Lab. It's silly and time consuming, but it should do the trick.

All research is preserved, so you won't lost anything in-progress or already done.

Im gonna quote my inner dialogue this morning:

"Oh cool I can paint my dojo!" "That really light yellow looks nice." "Ill start that one." "Oh Leech ospreys" *Incoherent demonic swearing*

"Let me just try this, might take a while as this is my dojo and I have to do it alone" "Need 200, fml"

At this point I did a few runs of mars, europa and neptune.

"Hmhm I've gotten 5 in a bout an hours time. So that's... 40 hours of straight up grinding if I'm lucky." "I CANT EVEN @(*()$ DESECRATE LEECHES!"

"F*** this ill just research another color.." "I CANT WTF"

Who at DE was so sadistic when setting some of these requirements?!

I pity the larger clans that have to kill 4 million leech ospreys.

Absolutely batS#&$ $&*&*#(%&.

Edited by Giggos

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also love to see the grind wall reduced. Or at least give me the option to play 5 plat or something to speed up the pigment research time, waiting almost 2 days for it to finish on top of getting said amount of pigment is....depressing. Additionally decreasing the costs for some of the enemy drops, allowing research to be changed, etc. 

Would also like to see more colors eventually - shades and tints and maybe even some chromed colors. 

Edited by Ephee

It seems the general consensus is that it takes too long to farm the stuff, but one thing you need to ask is: how many clan members are actually contributing? I'm willing to bet that a good number of the people complaining are the only ones, or a small handful of people, doing all the farming. That's not DE's fault. You just have lazy clan members, sorry. Not always the case, I know, but if you had most everyone working on the same goal and pooling resources efficiently, this "grind" wouldn't be as bad as its made out to be.

Edit:would like to clarify that even I will admit some of the requirements for top tier clans is a bit unreasonable, like the millions of ospreys lol. But not all of them are that bad.

Edited by Zorrandor