The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Us To Convert Standings To Medallions

quan256

It may seems pointless to some of you guys but it would be so great for players like me who works for 4 factions (Steel, Arbiter, Cephalon, and Red Veil.) I gain rep for Red Veil by leveling Steel. But I also work for Cephalon so it would lower my Red Veil but at half rate. Sometimes my Rep for Steel Meridians hit the 132k cap and I won't be able to gain anymore but I still need to work for Steel to increase Red Veil Rep.

So my proposal is to allow players to convert their unused Rep to Medallions. The convert rate could cost like 20% extra rep for example: a 5k medallion would cost 6k rep.

Also maybe make the medallions tradable would be great too.

Please post your thought.

you do know that the medallions work EXCATLY like any rep right. Youd gain RV standing and lose Arbiter/Suda standing

No, since it's Steel Meridian Medallions, it would net me both Red Veil and Steel rep while lowering Loka and Perrin which I dont care for.

It would either be exploitable or end up hurting you in the long run depending on your other faction relations, with how the medallions work now.  They don't just give rep in the one faction, but act as if you'd gained rep normally and futz with all the other related factions too.  It would have to be an entirely new item, which I don't think they'd do.

You could always just spend the rep on something you can sell?  I don't know why you would want to hoard too much more rep than we already can as it is now.

So my proposal is to allow players to convert their unused Rep to Medallions. The convert rate could cost like 20% extra rep for example: a 5k medallion would cost 6k rep.

Sry no, if you max out use the rep, buy key or mods and trade them. Trading no too, would make no sence.

No, since it's Steel Meridian Medallions, it would net me both Red Veil and Steel rep while lowering Loka and Perrin which I dont care for.

I read it again and now I get it (couldve been worded better since i didnt get that you meant changing specifically meridian extra rep to medallions).

Wouldnt that actually be less rep in medallions than farmed rep since its 5k medallion giving meridian 5k and therefore 2.5k to RV for 6k unused rep opposed to farming 6k and getting 3k rep.

Or did you mean have both?

I read it again and now I get it (couldve been worded better since i didnt get that you meant changing specifically meridian extra rep to medallions).

Wouldnt that actually be less rep in medallions than farmed rep since its 5k medallion giving meridian 5k and therefore 2.5k to RV for 6k unused rep opposed to farming 6k and getting 3k rep.

Or did you mean have both?

For example: my standing with Steel is capped out at 132k and there is nothing I wanted to buy. But I still need to gain Steel Rep for Red Veil, problem is I won't get any Steel Rep anymore. So by converting Steel Rep to Medallion, I can save them for later while still be able to gain more rep for Steel.

It may seems pointless to some of you guys but it would be so great for players like me who works for 4 factions (Steel, Arbiter, Cephalon, and Red Veil.) I gain rep for Red Veil by leveling Steel. But I also work for Cephalon so it would lower my Red Veil but at half rate. Sometimes my Rep for Steel Meridians hit the 132k cap and I won't be able to gain anymore but I still need to work for Steel to increase Red Veil Rep.

+1 for this.

But. . . Rep cashed into Medallions should be at a ratio of 1:1 and NOT decrease your standing with an opposing syndicate when cashed in.

Medallions should not be tradable as well

For example: my standing with Steel is capped out at 132k and there is nothing I wanted to buy.

then why bother farming? its like having play money then, no one else is going to take that money, and theres no reason to whine over something youre not gonna use ultimately.

its like nano spores. no one complained until they had nothing to spend it on.

For example: my standing with Steel is capped out at 132k and there is nothing I wanted to buy. But I still need to gain Steel Rep for Red Veil, problem is I won't get any Steel Rep anymore. So by converting Steel Rep to Medallion, I can save them for later while still be able to gain more rep for Steel.

So basically you want to double dip. You earned Steel Meridian standing, which also give you Red Veil standing. Then you'd convert the Steel Meridian Standing to Medallions. Then later, you would turn in your Medallions and gain standing for Meridian and Veil. Technically you'd only gain Meridian once since you have to use the Standing to convert, but you'd gain standing with Veil twice. That makes it a no for me.

Also, if you were maxed out, what is to stop you from converting back and forth, only loosing 1000 standing for every 5000 standing Medallion? That makes it no divided by zero. See how reality is unraveling in the corner over there? That's all you, man. All you.

then why bother farming? its like having play money then, no one else is going to take that money, and theres no reason to whine over something youre not gonna use ultimately.

its like nano spores. no one complained until they had nothing to spend it on.

For really active players who have max ranked out 3 or 4 syndicates, this feature is extremely useful.

Once everything from the syndicates are obtained all rep gained from your playtime from there on will be saved for future use.

As a hardcore player, I would like that very much.

So basically you want to double dip. You earned Steel Meridian standing, which also give you Red Veil standing. Then you'd convert the Steel Meridian Standing to Medallions. Then later, you would turn in your Medallions and gain standing for Meridian and Veil. Technically you'd only gain Meridian once since you have to use the Standing to convert, but you'd gain standing with Veil twice. That makes it a no for me.

Also, if you were maxed out, what is to stop you from converting back and forth, only loosing 1000 standing for every 5000 standing Medallion? That makes it no divided by zero. See how reality is unraveling in the corner over there? That's all you, man. All you.

Hence the medallion system should just incincrease your rep with the faction on a 1:1 basis and not touch the standing gains or losses of other syndicates.

Hence the medallion system should just incincrease your rep with the faction on a 1:1 basis and not touch the standing gains or losses of other syndicates.

That I could see being a useful feature. If you could just use it to bank your standing for future use with that faction alone, that would be something I could get behind as it doesn't threaten the space/time continuum.

The double dip on the allied faction is really my only point of contention with the OP's original idea.

That I could see being a useful feature. If you could just use it to bank your standing for future use with that faction alone, that would be something I could get behind as it doesn't threaten the space/time continuum.

The double dip on the allied faction is really my only point of contention with the OP's original idea.

I totally forgot about that. Thank you for pointing out +1