Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polychrome Discussion

Gurzil

Tinkering in my dojo (although I am just about to rebuild it), and I brought out one of the Polychrome thingymajiggers. Much to my dismay I see the small notation at the bottom (see screen). Ouch! 

[warning]

16003652822_a6d0acda3b_c.jpg

How does the community feel about the color options/lack thereof? What about the grind/pigment amounts necessary? To me the colors all seem a bit lighthearted, and it would have been nice to have some darker tones to use. In regards to the numbers, which i assume vary by tier, they're quite high just to make some paint.

I'm also wondering if we will get more options down the road (Perhaps pigments we can use from our purchased color packs - definitely would have been a preferable choice imho). 

[available colors]

15382096784_54ded755e7_c.jpg

Anyone have any other ideas for this feature to suggest to DE? Anyone experiencing any bugs, or issues with the system? Please post your rants and raves regarding Polychrome. Also, if you have screens of rooms you've used Polychrome on, please post screens for the community to see. 

Also this needs to happen vv

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/367333-pigments-polychrome-and-boosters-oh-my/

Resource boosters now work with Polychrome and if you have both it's a double doubler since pigments are a guaranteed drop. Tip: Take a Nekros and a squad of clan mates and you can get any color done in probably 2 or 3 30 min+ survivals/excavations. I feel bad for the Mountain/Moon clans, but a few I know have still got it done in a decent amount of grind/time.

Please upvote tenno

Ciao for now.

Edited by Gurzil

About the "Fund Constrution" option: will we have to farm pigments again to contribute?

Why there's no option to remove/cancel the polychrome? I placed that thing in front of a stair  just to test the function, thinking that I could remove as a decoration, but I can't.

Every single thing about Polychrome is just so poorly executed.

1) research choices are made, cannot be cancelled, and no other color can be researched at the time.

2) There is nothing in the UI to inform the player/warlord of this.

3) DE knows full well that people are having serious problems grinding for the drops from the assassin units

4) They made the decision for us to try and farm them for colors anyway

5) Can't move the stupid polychrome device

6) No option to just BUY the color options from the market, making this system fail at making money too. I'd gladly pay for anti-violet. 

7) lack of color options, and absolutely no freebies. Even newbies have ONE color palette unlocked to color their frames when they start out.

Those color choices aren't very unique. No black, white, pink, grey/chrome, etc.  And if your right and it is permanent that would be an utter failure by DE IMHO.

Same as the Kubrows, it will prolly get bettere down the road...

and black and other cool colors, will be avaliable for Plat,...

Every single thing about Polychrome is just so poorly executed.

1) research choices are made, cannot be cancelled, and no other color can be researched at the time.

2) There is nothing in the UI to inform the player/warlord of this.

3) DE knows full well that people are having serious problems grinding for the drops from the assassin units

4) They made the decision for us to try and farm them for colors anyway

5) Can't move the stupid polychrome device

6) No option to just BUY the color options from the market, making this system fail at making money too. I'd gladly pay for anti-violet. 

7) lack of color options, and absolutely no freebies. Even newbies have ONE color palette unlocked to color their frames when they start out.

Exactamundo.. I looove my dojo so I would totally pay for colors to use in it, but these options? Jebus no..

About the "Fund Constrution" option: will we have to farm pigments again to contribute?

Why there's no option to remove/cancel the polychrome? I placed that thing in front of a stair  just to test the function, thinking that I could remove as a decoration, but I can't.

Same, luckily the room you see mine in was on it's way to being destroyed..

Those color choices aren't very unique. No black, white, pink, grey/chrome, etc.  And if your right and it is permanent that would be an utter failure by DE IMHO.

Yea, the  color options are much fail.

Yea, color grind of all things.. -_-

Just put the pigments in the lab, lets is contribute, then paint as we please/change colors if we want.. I don't see  why it has to be permanent.

And what happens if you can't get the pieces anywhere?  We are researching Charger Blue - which drops off Toxic Ancients.  After spending an hour in missions where toxic ancients spawn continually, we have exactly 0.  At this rate, being optimistic, we're looking at 1800 HOURS to farm.

And what happens if you can't get the pieces anywhere?  We are researching Charger Blue - which drops off Toxic Ancients.  After spending an hour in missions where toxic ancients spawn continually, we have exactly 0.  At this rate, being optimistic, we're looking at 1800 HOURS to farm.

That's horribad.. 

Okay, one of my guys decided to paint the hall and now this gadget is stuck in the middle of a walkway locked... can't fund it, paint with it or even delete it. Please fix this issue as decorating the dojo is very time consuming and the wretched thing is proving to be a real pain in the ***. Thank you.

You read it all wrong, what really happens is, you contribute, and the construction starts, once the hours have passed and the dojo is painted the POLYCHROME disappears and you can't change colors again...UNLESS you build another one, spend resources again, build it again just to change the colors.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the polychrome painter for the dojo.  This is so broken right now. I see complaints all over the forums about it and no one has addressed the issue at all. I have one that is broken, for lack of a better term, in my clan grandest hall - can't fund it, change colours, or preview colours, nor can I remove it!!!!! So I'm stuck with this ugly painter in my clan grandest hall as an even uglier decoration, instead of being able to use it the way it was intended.

Just this morning, my Mutalist red pigment completed researching. I wanted to start a new colour research, but NOPE!!! I get the error message that I can't research more than one colour at a time. Here's the thing though.  I don't have ANY colour research going on.  Why can't I start more research???!!!!

I've already submitted two support tickets to DE and am waiting ever so patiently to hear back from them.  =(

Have ya'll seen how much it takes to research one of the yellows? I can't remember which one it is but it requires 1000 something pigments from leech ospreys. If what I've heard is true, being that if you want to change the colors of the dojo you have to completely research colors all over again, that is some serious grind for an enemy that appears uncommonly on a few planets. If you have multiple people in your clan farming, then the grind is a little less but that's not the case for everybody. I mean, you only have to grind 600 orokin drones for moa green but 1000 leech ospreys for yellow. Of course, there's also the 30 times for vey hek which gaining his keys is quite the grind already.

I have yet to change colors for my dojo so I'm unsure as to how the system works. I've heard so many different details and frankly the whole polychrome thing doesn't explain much in the way of how it works in game.

Edited by Brahkest

^ Omg, it better not be that you have to research the color again, that would be amazefail..

Yea, some of the grind on the colors even with a clan working at it is madness.. I envy the ghost/shadow clans? I'm storm and can only imagine the pigment costs of mountain/moon.

Have ya'll seen how much it takes to research one of the yellows? I can't remember which one it is but it requires 1000 something pigments from leech ospreys. If what I've heard is true, being that if you want to change the colors of the dojo you have to completely research colors all over again, that is some serious grind for an enemy that appears uncommonly on a few planets. If you have multiple people in your clan farming, then the grind is a little less but that's not the case for everybody. I mean, you only have to grind 600 orokin drones for moa green but 1000 leech ospreys for yellow. Of course, there's also the 30 times for vey hek which gaining his keys is quite the grind already.

I have yet to change colors for my dojo so I'm unsure as to how the system works. I've heard so many different details and frankly the whole polychrome thing doesn't explain much in the way of how it works in game.

For a 30 person clan, we have to grind 6.6k syrtis orange pigments that only drop from Arid Eviscerators. It would be fine if it was eviscerators in general, but nope, Phobos only. Poor Drunlo has been ground into the ground.

For a 30 person clan, we have to grind 6.6k syrtis orange pigments that only drop from Arid Eviscerators. It would be fine if it was eviscerators in general, but nope, Phobos only. Poor Drunlo has been ground into the ground.

I feel you. That's an incredible amount of grind and a four man clan team can only yield at least 4 pigments per enemy, more if you're lucky to have a nekros with you. However still, that grind tho. My clan is 30 people as well but so far only three people play often enough to actually help out. I think I wouldn't mind the grind so much, at least over time, if the enemies required were at least more common (ex. leech ospreys, vey hek to name a few which aren't).

Edited by Brahkest

It's not apparent so let me just add... polychrome once activated must be funded via Tenno lab. You can't change your mind, the device will just sit there indefinitely so be careful where you position it. The grind for each individual color is frightening.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem that I have had with polychrome units so far is that sometimes they do this.

gpW75gv.jpg

I cannot get to that to delete it, or complete it so that it disappears. Sometimes it happens in a hallway, you will not be able to get to it again... ever.

v2hUH2c.jpgazxmAXx.jpgVUGTbYS.jpgCncrASB.jpg8dpNbhA.jpg