The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Players As Stalkers

garrett53

You're far from the first to suggest this. 

I am opposed to it for a few reasons:

1) It would force PvP on people. I personally think that PvP should always be optional. In my mind if you don't want to play PvP you shouldn't have to.

2) If this happens it would likely lead to players wanting to hunt their friends. This would be really easy to exploit because the player that was the "Stalker" would be able to just let them kill him/her and they get blueprints.

3) Probably the biggest reason. You can pause in solo, and the Stalker (and other assassins) can attack in solo. Because playing as the Stalker would allow you to join sessions, solo mode really wouldn't exist anymore. 

You're far from the first to suggest this. 

I am opposed to it for a few reasons:

1) It would force PvP on people. I personally think that PvP should always be optional. In my mind if you don't want to play PvP you shouldn't have to.

2) If this happens it would likely lead to players wanting to hunt their friends. This would be really easy to exploit because the player that was the "Stalker" would be able to just let them kill him/her and they get blueprints.

3) Probably the biggest reason. You can pause in solo, and the Stalker (and other assassins) can attack in solo. Because playing as the Stalker would allow you to join sessions, solo mode really wouldn't exist anymore. 

Welp, my job is done here. 

Or we could just, you know, play Dark Souls.

I'm actually playing it right now as we speak, the four kings are gonna die tonight...

This one again? Really?

Been suggested before, many times, and the general response is always the same...

Get ready for an influx of people telling you to play Dark Souls, and that PvP should only ever be an option in this game.

Personally I agree with them.

Edit: Point proven by many faster typists ^

Edited by Egg_Chen

Recurrent idea. Obviously there is a demand for this kind of PvP. Players are interested or else there wouldn't be so many topics about this every week. Also there is no official statement of DE saying no to this ever, prove it or stop spreading rumors.

DE could implement this in a way that you are only open to be attacked by other player if you too are available to do these attacks. That way players that don't want to be attacked can simply say "No thanks, i'm good, just want to farm my stuff in peace". There problem solved.

Edited by RexSol

Recurrent idea. Obviously there is a demand for this kind of PvP. Players are interested or else there wouldn't be so many topics about this every week. Also there is no official statement of DE saying no to this ever, prove it or stop spreading rumors.

DE could implement this in a way that you are only open to be attacked by other player if you too are available to do these attacks. That way players that don't want to be attacked can simply say "No thanks, i'm good, just want t farm my stuff in peace". There problem solved.

One issue solved, now how about balance, lag issues and the fact that the core aspect of the game that has attracted many (which is the pure focus on PvE) is now gone with the inclusion of the stalker PvP.

One issue solved, now how about balance, lag issues and the fact that the core aspect of the game that has attracted many (which is the pure focus on PvE) is now gone with the inclusion of the stalker PvP.

Those are also problems on the other PvP game modes we already have, and that didn't stop them from doing it.

And that's a suitable counter-argument? You didn't bother to try and solve them.

No, i didn't say that to counter any argument at all. I'm not disagreeing with you, those issues must be solved in order for this game to have a good PvP. But that doesn't mean we should cross that idea from the list.

Edited by RexSol

I would be ok with this as long as pvp mode could be turned on or off via options. So it's possible without forcing pvp on anyone if they do it that way, with it being set to off by default. As for rewards? I can't think of any except the satisfaction of crushing someone that tried to hunt you.

DE could implement this in a way that you are only open to be attacked by other player if you too are available to do these attacks. That way players that don't want to be attacked can simply say "No thanks, i'm good, just want to farm my stuff in peace". There problem solved.

What about the issue that stalker drops a few BP and that peopl emight exploit it if the stalker could be a normal player? Remove the Drops from him then to prevent exploiting? Not to mention how would it work with his spawnchance? PvE stalker has a pretty low spawnchance so what about PvP stalker? Smae Spawnchance? And how would the Game calculate this? There are way more issues with this then just pve only players would hate this.

What about the issue that stalker drops a few BP and that peopl emight exploit it if the stalker could be a normal player? Remove the Drops from him then to prevent exploiting? Not to mention how would it work with his spawnchance? PvE stalker has a pretty low spawnchance so what about PvP stalker? Smae Spawnchance? And how would the Game calculate this? There are way more issues with this then just pve only players would hate this.

I think he meant "Players as Stalkers" as in a Dark Souls like Player invasion. Not as players actually controlling the Stalker.