The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De The Soma Prime Having A Mr Lock Of 0 Is Bs!

Halisi

This is ridiculous the Soma Prime is a direct upgrade to the Soma yet it has (mr0) vs (mr6), there is no excuse for this. If you're worried about people who buy the PA not being able to use it there needs to be an exception added for them... or you could make it clear on the page that it's mastery locked and treat them the same as any other player... either way mr0 is unacceptable! This was a prime opportunity (pun intended) to make a really powerful weapon and  give it a proper mr lock so that people finally have a good reason to go past mr8, the power creep would be irrelevant because it has to be earned. I'm also disappointed that it hasn't gotten any crit related buffs... where's our red crits man?

This post is worded harshly but no malice is intended on my end I'm just very disappointed in this decision when it could have been handled better. 

DE was like "lol Mastery, what is that, I forgot."

I'm also disappointed that it hasn't gotten any crit related buffs... where's our red crits man?

I'm glad they didn't give the Soma a game breaking buff.

Edited by Rakshal

Complete agreement. 

I think DE needs to sit down and just sort out their Mastery system. As it is now, it serves no purpose outside of giving some people empty arguments to throw around concerning balance. 

Objectively speaking, there is no real difference between a MR0 and MR18 player. The MR18 has access to some more powerful weapons, more experience with the game, and likely more powerful mods, but it's not like the weapons themselves deal more damage in accordance with Mastery ranking.

Purchasing a weapon with platinum (or through Prime Access) should allow you to bypass the Mastery requirement. At that point, it's still "pay to spend less time waiting/grinding" rather than "pay to win," provided that mastery locks still apply during PVP gameplay. 

Fun fact: mastery requirements are already only enforced on building in the Foundry. Plat buyers, Prime Access or not, have always been exempt. Thus putting master rank requirements on primes would only penalize the trade market, and not cut into their direct profits from Prime Access and the market.

So... well, there really isn't a single reason that the primes don't have mastery rank requirements.

The same happened with the Boltor Prime, though the normal Boltor isn't locked as it is. The problem is that players can directly buy the item for irl currency so the only way to lock it would be give it to them as soon as they hit whatever mastery it is locked at. 

I do agree though, it should be mastery locked. 

Fun fact: mastery requirements are already only enforced on building in the Foundry. Plat buyers, Prime Access or not, have always been exempt. Thus putting master rank requirements on primes would only penalize the trade market, and not cut into their direct profits from Prime Access and the market.

So... well, there really isn't a single reason that the primes don't have mastery rank requirements.

I thought that even if you bought it, you wouldn't be able to use it? I've never bought a weapon past my mastery rank, so I can't confirm. 

As it is now, Mastery is just a measure of how many frames and guns you've used, usually in the form of leveling then tossing. It's a completely arbitrary system that quite frankly, means nothing in terms of how much you've actually played the game, how well you understand the game mechanics, and a lot of other things that one would think if they saw the word "Mastery."

The entire system is due for a rework, is my opinion.

Orthos Prime at 2.

Boar Prime at 2.

Paris Prime at 4.

Dakra Prime at 6.

Bo Prime at 5.

Hikou Prime at 4. 

Balance by DE at its finest. 

o.O seriously? I thought they all were like the Latron Prime and most of the other primes with 0 Mastery.

o.O seriously? I thought they all were like the Latron Prime and most of the other primes with 0 Mastery.

Seriously. Whoever is in charge of this isn't familiar with the concept of consistency. It's almost like they just took a bag with weapon names in it, and a bag with mastery ratings in it, and drew 'em out at random. 

It's why I have to chuckle every time someone mentions a weapon being justifiably overpowered because of its mastery rating. That number currently doesn't mean jack S#&$ outside of how many trades you can make in a day, how many extractors you can deploy, or how much standing you can earn. 

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

TL;DR - You are not playing ARMA or CoD4 competitive ladder multiplayer, Soma Prime MR lock does not effect anything.

Why does it matter exactly? This is the same argument as not wanting people with all Artifact guns in your Borderlands game. Well, how about you don't allow people to enter unless invited.

This mentality in a f2p coop game is asinine.

If I happen to be deeply offended because someone is using a color scheme on a Frame that matches some country flag that I hate or a gun that fires pink bullets because I'm ... pink intolerant, I can get into a new game in 10 seconds flat.

Stop pushing personal agendas on other people and play the damn game. You have all the control mechanics in place already. Use them.

"Oh noes its MR0!! What will happen now is that people will use it and ... and ... " NOTHING new will happen, that is NOT already happening, which is people shooting stuff and enjoying themselves.

If you people want to be the game police, start your own clan, enforce your own rules and stay out of PUG's.

Edited by DSpite

Complete agreement. 

I think DE needs to sit down and just sort out their Mastery system. As it is now, it serves no purpose outside of giving some people empty arguments to throw around concerning balance. 

Objectively speaking, there is no real difference between a MR0 and MR18 player. The MR18 has access to some more powerful weapons, more experience with the game, and likely more powerful mods, but it's not like the weapons themselves deal more damage in accordance with Mastery ranking.

Purchasing a weapon with platinum (or through Prime Access) should allow you to bypass the Mastery requirement. At that point, it's still "pay to spend less time waiting/grinding" rather than "pay to win," provided that mastery locks still apply during PVP gameplay. 

Always good to hear from you, Diabolus. Interesting thinking about PVP mastery locks.

TL;DR - You are not playing ARMA or CoD4 competitive ladder multiplayer, Soma Prime MR lock does not effect anything.

Why does it matter exactly? This is the same argument as not wanting people with all Artifact guns in your Borderlands game. Well, how about you don't allow people to enter unless invited.

If I happen to be deeply offended because someone is using a color scheme on a Frame that matches some country flag that I hate or a gun that fires pink bullets because I'm ... pink intolerant, I can get into a new game in 10 seconds flat.

Stop pushing personal agendas on other people and play the damn game. You have all the control mechanics in place already. Use them.

"Oh noes its MR0!! What will happen now is that people will use it and ... and ... " NOTHING new will happen, that is NOT already happening, which is people shooting stuff and enjoying themselves.

If you people want to be the game police, start your own clan, enforce your own rules and stay out of PUG's.

Question 1: Where did being offended by color schemes come into this?

Question 2: Where did people using the gun being a problem coming into this?

Question 3: Where did PUG matches come into this?

Question 4: Is it just me, or do you literally project the faults you want to see and criticize onto the people you respond to?

Mastery Rank matters because DE has stated before that they want weapons to be arranged into various tiers of performance, with more powerful weapons placing in higher tiers. If Primes are supposed to be the "originals" and relatively "ultimate" forms of weapons, why on Earth would any Prime be placed at MR 0? I could be wrong, but last I checked DE hadn't recanted on wanting weapon tiers. Asking for consistency doesn't strike me as particularly ridiculous or unreasonable. 

Still waiting for that day, man.

I'd be less offended by your spite if you knew the actual point of my thread. You're essentially saying that progression in a cooperative mmo game is bs. The point of the mr system and the respective locks is to give players progression, are you really so entitled that you feel that you should be allowed to own some of the most powerful weapons in the game the moment you start? You're supposed to start a game and get a feel for the tools at your disposal gradually getting more powerful and more experienced until you hit your apex which happens to be weapons like the boltor prime, soma prime, and warframes like limbo, & nyx to name a few.

Why are you so against the idea of mr having an actual purpose? Let's say that the soma prime is mr8, if I have that weapon I should be proud to use it because I know that I earned it. It isn't as special if I just buy it a few hours into the game. Besides if powerful weapons were given proper mr locks people wouldn't be able to complain about power creep anymore since by the time you earn said weapon you should be fighting enemies appropriate for that weapons level of power. Sure the mastery system needs to have its edges ironed out but that's no reason to invalidate it.

Also for your information I have no problem playing in pug groups, and I only complain when people are either being jerks or ignoring my advice. Your argument about "why do you care what other people use" is invalid because you don't have to use op weapons to have a casual or generally fun experience, you only need such a crutch if you're not willing to put any effort in which defeats the purpose of games in general.

Next time think about what you're going to say some more before coming into someones thread and being a jerk and trying to push your opinions on people. I admitted that my op was worded harshly but I really feel shot in the foot about this.