Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Drop Tables' Rotation C Was Stealth Nerfed, Please Raise Awareness Of This Issue

cyrus106

I'm really curious how else the drop tables were affected when they inserted Orokin Cells, but who knows when/if we'll be able to find out since it would appear stuff is encrypted again.

The encryption in itself tells us how little DE knows about security. A safe system wouldn't have a problem with exposing the values. Security through obscurity fails easily, as we've seen with 15.8 leak.

The encryption in itself tells us how little DE knows about security.

It's not about making the drops safe (i.e. keeping us from hacking the game in our favour) - they did this after they openly said that no item had a drop chance of less than 5% and got called out on that as people pulled the (at that time unencrypted) tables from which you could see that there were a number of drops with 1% and less. (I may have gotten the numbers wrong, but the main point is correct.) It's about not letting us know how rare some items really are, so that we keep playing this game instead of leaving our money with the torch&pitchfork vendor.

Edited by Bibliothekar

It's not about making the drops safe (i.e. keeping us from hacking the game in our favour) - they did this after they openly said that no item had a drop chance of less than 5% and got called out on that as people pulled the (at that time unencrypted) tables from which you could see that there were a number of drops with 1% and less. (I may have gotten the numbers wrong, but the main point is correct.) It's about not letting us know how rare some items really are, so that we keep playing this game instead of leaving our money with the torch&pitchfork vendor.

Well they aren't safe from the prying eyes, especially not the way they're right now. They weren't before, and hiding them doesn't even help.

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to craft Nova prime systems out of void keys. I have alot of void keys from doing ODS, haven't seen a single prime part in ODS for some time now.

Got her systems twice, barely play ODS. Her dropchance is not as bad either, there are definitely worse offenders. Just keep trying.

They SAID they are looking at it.

At this point though, when it comes to this, I don't believe anything DE SAYS, only what they actually DO.

Sheldon aint very keen on changing drop tables is he haha... he stone walls the issue bluntly most of the time or makes jokes about avoiding question. Still he at least KNOWS where we stand on the issue of less rewarding drops - not least in regards to long runs where 40 min survival runs should start rewarding better drop rates for the rarer stuff.

Got her systems twice, barely play ODS. Her dropchance is not as bad either, there are definitely worse offenders.

ODS drop table in general is pretty bad. Enemy level starts at 30, which is about the same as T3 - and yet it drops T1 keys as primary reward. And so far, almost everything I got from rotation C was T2MD keys. 2 Forma bp and a Burston barrel every now and then. I think ODS should drop T3 keys (might have changed, but for quite a while it was rather hard to get them, because they were sharing drop locations with both T2 and T4 - and either had higher chances) and absolutely no keys at C rotation. I'd rather prefer if they moved some prime parts from void missions that have 6 or even 7 (T3E, T4Sab) assigned to them to it.

I've come to the point where I only stay until rotation C comes up the first time, because wading through Infested for 40 minutes and leaving with eight T1Cap/T2MD keys makes me want to book a flight to Canada and personally kick Mr Sheldon where it hurts. (I'm talking about the back of his knee.) And then force him to play all my ODSurv keys with me, until he is a broken man - and then some more. I have some 2k nav coords, so I can keep that going for quite a while.

Edited by Bibliothekar

ODS drop table in general is pretty bad. Enemy level starts at 30, which is about the same as T3 - and yet it drops T1 keys as primary reward. And so far, almost everything I got from rotation C was T2MD keys. 2 Forma bp and a Burston barrel every now and then. I think ODS should drop T3 keys (might have changed, but for quite a while it was rather hard to get them, because they were sharing drop locations with both T2 and T4 - and either had higher chances) and absolutely no keys at C rotation. I'd rather prefer if they moved some prime parts from void missions that have 6 or even 7 (T3E, T4Sab) assigned to them to it.

I've come to the point where I only stay until rotation C comes up the first time, because wading through Infested for 40 minutes and leaving with eight T1Cap/T2MD keys makes me want to book a flight to Canada and personally kick Mr Sheldon where it hurts. (I'm talking about the back of his knee.) And then force him to play all my ODSurv keys with me, until he is a broken man - and then some more. I have some 2k nav coords, so I can keep that going for quite a while.

Yeah, pretty much.

Fingers crossed for a fix in U16

Not sure if re-heating this topic once a week will actually lead to anything.

Perhaps just wait for U16 and make a new thread then?

Newcomers to this discussion probably won't read the whole thing anyway and the point has been made. Several times.

Not sure if re-heating this topic once a week will actually lead to anything.

Perhaps just wait for U16 and make a new thread then?

Newcomers to this discussion probably won't read the whole thing anyway and the point has been made. Several times.

If it hasnt been addressed by U16 I will certainly make a new thread, excellent suggestion

I think im roughly 40 rotation C rewards in for all the T3 survivals i've done in part to obtain the nova prime chassis, kinda lost count after awhile so its only an estimate. Approximately a third (13) of those rotations rewarded forma bps, the other two thirds rewarding prime parts (4 mag systems, 3 rhino chassis, 6 sicarus bps, 1 receiver, and 2 frost helms are what was currently in my inventory before i ducatted them). Not a single nova chassis dropped.

This is why i haven't invested my money into this game. When the RNG is more difficult (and downright unfair) to deal with than the enemies in game i have no reason to support it. I hope that when U16 comes around the drop chances are fixed so that all rewards for a rotation have a realistic chance of dropping, and that those seeking to obtain these parts in the future are not spending weeks to do so.

Edited by Syunfox

• 2 weeks later...