The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Anti-Matter Drop Is Drunk

geninrising

My antimatter drop power is suddenly drunk after the latest "fix" to it's mechanics. Now when I attempt to put out multiples they appear to disregard my directional input, actually smashing into my own frame or sentinel at times after going out away from me for a second they make a u turn and head right for me. This is as host or client with no discernible difference.

Video proof.

Edited by geninrising

antimatter drop is not slowing down for me at all,

it is showing zeros spew out of it with my synoid gammacore

its not showing that it is registering damage recieved from penta grenade explosions, though it does show contact damage from grenades. It also seems to pick up damage from the explosion, just no numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Still getting drunk AMD's and random slows/failure to slow. Also it is failing to absorb damage randomly IDK if these issues are host specific or an all around problem with AMD's mechanics but please HELP! (sincerely one player that does not spam M Prime constantly)

Still getting drunk AMD's and random slows/failure to slow. Also it is failing to absorb damage randomly IDK if these issues are host specific or an all around problem with AMD's mechanics but please HELP! (sincerely one player that does not spam M Prime constantly)

Screenshots please :) 

Screenshots please :) 

Um how do I provide a SS that will capture this effect as it occurs? The only thing the SS will show is an explosion. or an AMD a minimal distance away?

How about a Video instead.

As an additional bit of testing info I found that this only occurs when multiple instances of AMD are utilized. I was unable to repro this with singular casts.

Edited by geninrising

Um how do I provide a SS that will capture this effect as it occurs? The only thing the SS will show is an explosion. or an AMD a minimal distance away?

As an additional bit of testing info I found that this only occurs when multiple instances of AMD are utilized. I was unable to repro this with singular casts.

My bad! Thank you, this helps a lot. 

Your first antimatter drop is moving to your reticle target -- the second antimatter drop -- which is behind it, so it comes back.

However, the not-collecting-damage and not-slowing-when-aiming-at-it issues are very annoying, because they can make it unusable.

Your first antimatter drop is moving to your reticle target -- the second antimatter drop -- which is behind it, so it comes back.

However, the not-collecting-damage and not-slowing-when-aiming-at-it issues are very annoying, because they can make it unusable.

Actually that is not correct because during missions with open areas I can spin in a slow circle never maintaining said AMD in the reticle and moving at a slow ans steady pace and rather than the group of AMDs following where I point always, they will at times swirl around in confusion and other times head directly for me exploding on my person.

Also the problem you mention about not slowing properly is exceedingly frustrating.

...]during missions with open areas I can spin in a slow circle never maintaining said AMD in the reticle and moving at a slow ans steady pace and rather than the group of AMDs following where I point always, they will at times swirl around in confusion and other times head directly for me exploding on my person.[...]

Could you upload a video of that? Because the previously posted one seems very likely that the AMDs are just reacting to you pointing at other ones.

WOW so to clarify it is allowing me to target other AMDs as a point of impact or end point. Thus causing the AMD's to reverse direction and attempt to strike the amd that was fired second. Maybe this is not intended?

So if it is not drunk then it is at least a little tipsy. That thing does not know how to pay attention to focus. could we maybe get the slow tied to RMB and actual aiming and have normal reticle tracking for faster outbound AMDs?

WOW so to clarify it is allowing me to target other AMDs as a point of impact or end point. Thus causing the AMD's to reverse direction and attempt to strike the amd that was fired second. Maybe this is not intended?

It always behaved like this. AMD is a solid object triggered by contact, it's simply a flying ball, and when you aim at the second "ball' the first one accepts it as a target and tries to revert it's motion thus crossing the reticule, then the second amd accepts the new target and tries to connect with the first one, and they start swirling until they touch each other

Just one last dance

before we say goodbye

when we sway and turn round and round and round

it's like the first time

So romantic, ah

Edited by Bouldershoulder