A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

FINAL UPDATE (2/09/2015)As of

moment:

A Dragon is coming; whether it's tied to my original concept or not doesn't matter. Importantly, it sounds like it's going to be unique among all other warframes in that its type of damage is based on energy color (tied to the idea of D&D chromatic dragons having different elemental breath weapons, as Rebecca mentions), which opens up a whole host of possibilities!

Rejoice!

THERE BE DRAGONS!

While the Tenno slept in cryostasis ...
... they waited.

As the Grineer empire grew unchecked ...
... they hardened their bodies.

As the Corpus cult harvested Orokin settlements ...
... they sharpened their minds.

As the Infestation spread to every corner of the Sol system ...
... they honed their blades.

When the enemies of the Tenno finally tracked down the Lotus ...

... they found Dragons.

NEW AND IMPROVED! DRAGON 2.0

FEATURES

—Highly mobile, melee-focused tank/threat

—"Plasma" damage [Heat + Magnetic] (thanks for the idea, Evariskitsune)

—Skill-based (no more spamming 4 to win)

ORIGIN

Among the oldest of all Warframe designs, and the closest in design to their Orokin archetypes, the Dragons are few in number, but have been watching over the sleeping Tenno since the beginning of the Exile. Bound by Orokin decree to never enter the affairs of the Sol system unless absolutely necessary, most Dragons haven't seen action for decades, if not centuries; they are sworn to secrecy, bound to defend the mainframe that houses the Lotus AI. For countless years, they have been unseen sentinels, spending much of their time training or in meditation.

When the Corpus managed to track down the Lotus's signal during a botched mission (thanks, Darvo), the Dragons were finally forced to act.

'Dragon 2.0' Art Concept 

1X0wW6s.png

Alternate Helmet 'Zirnitra' Rough Concept ↓

u8hJud0.png

Kubrow 'Drakar' Alternate Skin Concept 

sAfliJn.png

Old Art Concepts 

SKmShgG.png

Modified (Old) Warframe Design with Visible Back (Also, Potential Boss?) 

TkMCxiV.png

BASELINE STATS

HEALTH: 100 (300 max)

POWER: 100 (150 max)

ARMOR: 400

SHIELD CAPACITY: 120 (360 max)

STAMINA: 120

SPRINT SPEED: 1.05

POLARITIES: 4x= 1xD 1xV

AURA POLARITY: V (ideal for Steel Charge or Rifle Amp)

Dragon is a beast of endurance; reliant on his abilities and his high mobility, he lacks the higher shield capacity of Frost and Rhino (the traditional tanks) and their explosive high-damage ultimates. Instead, he draws the eye of all enemies, taking all their fury and wrath, and then he shows them what wrath truly is.

ABILITIES

TAKE WING *TWEAKED 6/16/2014*

Energy: 25 Description: Dragon spreads his wings and storms through the air in the direction of your crosshair. After a long, high-speed "air dash" or upon pressing the ability key a second time (whichever comes first), flight ends and Dragon's plasma jets release a supercharged burst of plasma damage*, knocking over enemies nearby. Leveling up the skill increases the duration of flight and the AOE damage. Affected by Power StrengthPower Duration, and Power Range.

(Old) Visual Concept 

tvMlMdK.png

INDOMITABLE *TWEAKED 6/16/2014*
Energy: 35 Description: For a duration of 10/15/20/25 seconds, Dragon's health and shields continuously regenerate (even while taking damage) and Dragon's fire rate (melee and ranged) is increased. While in this state, Dragon cannot be staggered or knocked down. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Visual Concept 

gi5yMZA.png

CHALLENGE

Energy: 75 Description: For a duration of 15/21/27/34 seconds, Dragon issues a challenge to all enemies within range (continuous AOE taunt). When an enemy damages Dragon's shield, his Armor increases. When an enemy damages Dragon's health, his damage increases. Maximum increase are based on ability rank:

—Rank 0: 1.5x Armor, 1.3x Damage

—Rank 1: 2x Armor, 1.5x Damage

—Rank 2: 3x Armor, 1.7x

Rank 3: 4x Armor, 2x Damage

Affected by Power Strength (multiplier increase), Power Duration, and Power Range.

RISING DRAGON (Ultimate)
Energy: 25 (+4/sec) Description: Dragon launches into the air via plasma jets, dealing AOE plasma damage* to all enemies around him, and takes flight. Dragon has increased speed and free movement while in flight. While Rising Dragon is active, Dragon is engulfed by a plasma aura, dealing low continuous plasma damage* to enemies nearby; however, Dragon's energy constantly drains. When Dragon runs out of energy, Rising Dragon ends. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

* Plasma Damage: Plasma is not meant to be a new elemental type. Instead, it would just be 50% Heat damage, and 50% Magnetic damage (or whatever DE deems to be an appropriate combination).

Visual Concept 

TC9Mjw0.png

Edited by Endrian
  • Like 1

Well this concept is quite cool but, when I see the word dragon, I think of high damage and speed since dragon can fly. So probably instead of tank, make him an attacker since warframe already have 2 tankers.

Maybe the design colour/skin for dragon can be black/maroon/red and a lil bit less rough. If not he will look like a croc lol. But still, nice concept :)

Edited by Zetsu

That's terrific. Wow. No idea how to attach files, though. Have you tried the [*img] [*/img] command?

As for stat wise, I think the armor levels are a little over-the-top, considering there's more advantages than there are disadvantages. The speed boost in itself is valuable enough to trade it off. The powers are quite interesting, though it's very reminescent of Frost and Ember, combined into one. I think perhaps more utility would be useful, rather than pure damage, though the second ability is indeed, very, very cool.

Art-wise, it's just fantastic work. A little too medieval for WARFRAME though, I think, but the concept's amazing. The Warframes we have so far are armor-ish for some, organic, but still has a feeling of tech. This is very infested-like, organic as a whole.

Referring to the top, though, I think he has a point. Though I'd say an emphasis on close combat DPS and tanking would be pretty sweet. I personally find the first two powers very in keeping with the character!

Edited by Calayne

Well this concept is quite cool but, when I see the word dragon, I think of high damage and speed since dragon can fly. So probably instead of tank, make him an attacker since warframe already have 2 tankers.

Maybe the design colour/skin for dragon can be black/maroon/red and a lil bit less rough. If not he will look like a croc lol. But still, nice concept :)

I can work with that, and see about throwing up an alternate concept after I get some sleep. :) [it's 3:30 AM, been waiting far too long to see if a Glaive alert would ever come up, hahaha...]

EDIT: Done! Alternate melee bruiser concept is now up! Check the first post. :) Edited by Endrian

DOVAKHIN!!! ITS YOU!!!

1 skill FUS RO DAH!! and nothing more ))

for topics,nice art,but this is not warfarme.

You know? Bio mechanical squits.In you case its some like a demon or chitin warior

Edited by JDante

But TBH, like I mentioned yesterday in the council chat, instead of a Dragon warframe, why not keep things a bit more simple and less complicated ?

Like a MonkeyDragonTigerPuppyKittenWalrusDonkeyBaboonPirhannaVikingNinjaSpartanPirateGladiatorSamuraiGundamGuyverMongoosePony Warframe ? 

Edited by Eeshaan

But TBH, like I mentioned yesterday in the council chat, instead of a Dragon warframe, why not keep things a bit more simple and less complicated ?

Like a MonkeyDragonTigerPuppyKittenWalrusDonkeyBaboonPirhannaVikingNinjaPirateGladiatorSamuraiGundamGuyverMongoosePony Warframe ? 

don't forget the taco NEVER forget the taco

Personally I think the 2nd power is abit too powerfull. I think it should last abit less or remove the melee dmg increase.

Also the 4th power is more a damage dealing skill then "tank".

Mabye to balance it abit better have the 2nd and 3rd power switch places?

Totally awesome concept. I really like it. 

Overall the concept of the 3th skill that serves both as a shield and a damage buff if placed correctly.

In my opinion, I would change the last skill to a 60º cone that had a guaranted chance of catching in fire the enemies