Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This, This Right Here Is Why I Hate The Wait Times Between Ps4 Updates.

(PSN)Shadow_Of_Hunhow

I wouldn't care, because this event has done something unseen since Gradivus! It's immersed people, made them band together and take sides! It's something that I've never really seen in a game before, and sitting and being able to do nothing but watch and know that once this hits the consoles, nobody will care anymore because the next event will be out already!

And to the person above, every update we've gotten since 14 had taken a week or so from when we were told it was sent in, to when we receive it. That may have been true before, but not anymore.

I don't think they had gravidus on PS4...did they?

I know that I have been in negation of the OP but I do feel I have done it in a respectful manner, yet I still agree that many PC players actively attack the concerns of PS4 players. It makes me quite sad to state that I will often see, (in this thread included) people push off PS4 concerns by stating that they are just lucky to have the game in any state and they should not complain which is ridiculous because any time a consul port comes to PC and is terrible we don't stand for that. In all honesty the execution of the OPs post is bad (i.e. DE is at fault) but the idea is great, I believe a world where all systems can play Warframe together is the best possible for Warframe (I am not saying that it is likely or will happen, only that it is best). Getting back on point I would just like to apologies on behalf of all PC Tenno for making you feel unwelcome, I hope one day we can keep the balance together.

I do too, and please refer to my first post, you'll see Sony is far from being at fault here.

I don't think they had gravidus on PS4...did they?

No, but I've seen posts that cane from it, and I wished I could be a part of it, much like now. Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

I wish i could say either way.  But I just got this feeling that this Event just might not make it to Consoles.  The scale of it, and the actions or lack of actions by people to save the relays.   Just doesn't seem right to be ran again, for consoles if the Tenno on PC save the relays..  Minus earth.....   Then that should be it for the Balors, and Hek needs to find a new plan.     With the mods in question just getting released to the drop tables by the time Consoles get the next update.    Along with any saved relays, though not sure what to do about the Weapon though.   PC exclusive?  Chance to show up in another event,  Supper Rare Item(and expensive item) on the void trader?    Just dunno, yet feel that Whatever relays are safe at the end of the event are the ones that will be around for all platforms.  Cause don't believe Consoles have the relays just yet.

Edit-

Response to a quote-

Seems I missed some update, were DE stated that the PC and Consoles were Different universes, so actions on one don't reflect the other.   Last I knew ultimate goal was for crossplatform, might still happen if Builds ever get synced but i guess actions can be different between PC and Consoles.

Edited by Tveoh

SCP, firstly I am confused as to what specifically you are referencing with "I do too" so I can't really answer to it, and secondly I feel I have already refuted your OP with the video I linked to in my first post, both Sony and DE clearly lay blame on Sony, (this was less then a week and a half ago) so unless Sony has taken this claim back then they agree they are at fault. I feel if we analyze this further the truth may become clear, What does each side have to gain from the delay? DE submits it as quickly as possible but the sert time does give them a chance to work out kinks that PC players experience, but beyond that nothing. DE loses the confidence of PS4 players and in all honestly it is bad for business, if the new hotness comes to you guys as quickly as us you are just as likely to buy it as us. With the delay you guys hear ALL the pros and cons and that effects spending habits. Thus this practice is bad for DE, what about Sony? Well they get to keep their sert process the way they want it and many people will blame DE so no loss on their part. I know that seems quite cynical but I honestly do believe that the Sony free to play team are a victim hear as well, if you watch the video I linked to you will see it is only 3 people work with many free to play games and thus they can't gt things done as quickly as is reasonable. I believe the solution to the problem lies in adding more people to the Sony free to play team thus allowing them to spread out the work load.    

I wish i could say either way.  But I just got this feeling that this Event just might not make it to Consoles.  The scale of it, and the actions or lack of actions by people to save the relays.   Just doesn't seem right to be ran again, for consoles if the Tenno on PC save the relays..  Minus earth.....   Then that should be it for the Balors, and Hek needs to find a new plan.     With the mods in question just getting released to the drop tables by the time Consoles get the next update.    Along with any saved relays, though not sure what to do about the Weapon though.   PC exclusive?  Chance to show up in another event,  Supper Rare Item(and expensive item) on the void trader?    Just dunno, yet feel that Whatever relays are safe at the end of the event are the ones that will be around for all platforms.  Cause don't believe Consoles have the relays just yet.

If this ever happens, it will be the day warframe dies. PS4 and Xbox will die because of it, everyone would leave after such a blatant middle finger, and PC would lose a chunk too, and they would lose a large portion of their paying members, leaving a lot less money for them to work with.

I have absolutely no clue how people still blame it on Sony.... The U14 Build took one MONTH to be done and the cert took 3 DAYS. How is it their fault??? No other game experiences stuff like this, even War Thunder. In my opinion, I think maybe the Console Build Team could be understaffed. PC is the majority so it makes sense that they have more hands working on the project to get it done. Plus DE has told us why the builds take so long. The steps are:

1.Make Build for PC

2. Fix all bugs for PC

3. Port build over to Consoles

4. Completely rebuild Update so they don't brick consoles

5. Send to Certification 

6. Build gets added when the Store updates (Playstation is on Tuesday, I don't know about Xbox)

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

We most likely will receive relays in u15.8............then they will be immediately attacked . Another pc exclusive just seems like a bad idea proven by the fact de made obsidian skins  as a sorry you guys are missing half the cool items seems very counter productive to add more to the list of things console players dont have that de will try to make up for.

DE stated that PC universe and PS4 universe are seperate and thus if they lose and save different relays then us no problem exists in that.

I have absolutely no clue how people still blame it on Sony.... The U14 Build took one MONTH to be done and the cert took 3 DAYS. How is it their fault??? No other game experiences stuff like this, even War Thunder. In my opinion, I think maybe the Console Build Team could be understaffed. PC is the majority so it makes since that they have more hands working on the project to get it done. Plus DE has told us why the builds take so long. The steps are:

1.Make Build for PC

2. Fix all bugs for PC

5. Send to Certification 

6. Build gets added when the Store updates (Playstation is on Tuesday, I don't know about Xbox)

Yes because all that can be done in a week.

SCP, firstly I am confused as to what specifically you are referencing with "I do too" so I can't really answer to it, and secondly I feel I have already refuted your OP with the video I linked to in my first post, both Sony and DE clearly lay blame on Sony, (this was less then a week and a half ago) so unless Sony has taken this claim back then they agree they are at fault. I feel if we analyze this further the truth may become clear, What does each side have to gain from the delay? DE submits it as quickly as possible but the sert time does give them a chance to work out kinks that PC players experience, but beyond that nothing. DE loses the confidence of PS4 players and in all honestly it is bad for business, if the new hotness comes to you guys as quickly as us you are just as likely to buy it as us. With the delay you guys hear ALL the pros and cons and that effects spending habits. Thus this practice is bad for DE, what about Sony? Well they get to keep their sert process the way they want it and many people will blame DE so no loss on their part. I know that seems quite cynical but I honestly do believe that the Sony free to play team are a victim hear as well, if you watch the video I linked to you will see it is only 3 people work with many free to play games and thus they can't gt things done as quickly as is reasonable. I believe the solution to the problem lies in adding more people to the Sony free to play team thus allowing them to spread out the work load.

The I do too was towards the wishing for balance,I should have made that clearer sorry.

My point with the times was this, how is Sony the problem here when the updates take between 1-2 months to reach us, but cert only accounts for at the absolute most 12 days? Could it be faster? Of course. But it's not the cause of the wait times. The wait comes from DE and the fact that they want to pack so much in, and take so much effort to please the PC players, that the consoles are pretty much an after-thought.

I have absolutely no clue how people still blame it on Sony.... The U14 Build took one MONTH to be done and the cert took 3 DAYS. How is it their fault??? No other game experiences stuff like this, even War Thunder. In my opinion, I think maybe the Console Build Team could be understaffed. PC is the majority so it makes since that they have more hands working on the project to get it done. Plus DE has told us why the builds take so long. The steps are:

1.Make Build for PC

2. Fix all bugs for PC

5. Send to Certification 

Your steps are accurate but the sert process does not take 3 days on average. Once again earlier in the thread I posted a youtube link to sony's free to play good vs evil panel where both DE and Sony agreed Sony was at fault for long delay times, so unless Sony recants it the case seems rather open and shut. I would like to add this addendum, the console team may be understaffed and if it is the case then I hope they will add more people to it (after all DE Steave stated the money from PS4 has allowed them to hire back all the people they were forced to lay off after the hard times they had been facing).     

The other day somebody was trying to persuade me to play a game called Beyond: Two Souls, endlessly praising its story and acting as a kind of adventure game in the old style. It sounded really really good.  So I went and looked it up, only to discover that it was only released for the PS3.  Which means I can never play it. Then you have Red Dead Redemption, which looked pretty good.  Also console-only with no plans of bringing it to PC. I've never played the Halo series which is kind of an iconic pillar of gaming culture, so I was interested in the recent all-in-one bundle.....console only, no plans for PC.

My point is, consoles screw PC players often enough that I think we're justified in gloating just a little bit that we get the content before you do, a few weeks ahead and full of bugs.

The other day somebody was trying to persuade me to play a game called Beyond: Two Souls, endlessly praising its story and acting as a kind of adventure game in the old style. It sounded really really good.  So I went and looked it up, only to discover that it was only released for the PS3.  Which means I can never play it. Then you have Red Dead Redemption, which looked pretty good.  Also console-only with no plans of bringing it to PC. I've never played the Halo series which is kind of an iconic pillar of gaming culture, so I was interested in the recent all-in-one bundle.....console only, no plans for PC.

My point is, consoles screw PC players often enough that I think we're justified in gloating just a little bit that we get the content before you do, a few weeks ahead and full of bugs.

Trust me when I say I feel your pain but please consider this, if we don't like being left out by consuls then why do we think we should do the same to them? If PC wants to prove itself above consul gaming then do it by releasing to all consoles and eggbeaters they can to be a shining example of how games should be made, and preferably the console ports come as quickly as possible.

Many other companies manage it, maybe if you read my entire post you'd see why i'm giving DE slack. God white knights are annoying.

Feel free to name a few mainly pc developers who ported a pc game to consoles that has regular updates.

also this thread is pretty mild compared to other threads.

Edited by (PS4)MakoPriest

Feel free to name a few mainly pc developers who ported a pc game to consoles that has regular updates.

also this thread is pretty mild compared to other threads.

If I may Warframe was released on PC first and thus I see your confusion in claiming that DE is a "mainly pc developer" but to be hones this is not the case. If you look at DE's history of game releases http://www.digitalextremes.com/games you will see many Consul games on their, in fact the only PC first game is Warframe, thus I don't know if DE fits into a "mainly pc developer" 

Edited by SocratesTheWise

The syndicates more than made up for the wait times in my opinion, we were able to take advantage of something for 2 full weeks before DE were capable of doing anything to stop it, for more informed individuals the heads up content is actually a huge advantage over other players who dont actively follow the forums or the main website.

PC players are very good at complaining about almost everything and are the ones doing damage to the game not DE, for example this movement that has developed against using abilities or something the whole "4 to win" want your generic fps go play cod you @(*()$ retards and stfu. DE have an amazing concept on their hands and its hindered by people who spend to much time on the forums.

Go PC then, but seriously, you got your own exlusive S#&$ and still QQ? Every console will get the event eventually. Not to mention that they are separate universes, PC has nothing to do with you therefore you shouldn't even care what happens in this event for us.