The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think The Next Warframe Will Be?

DJ_Vauban

Thread seems like a sly attempt to push someone elses idea.

Personally looking at this frame its hideous... It's barely a samurai, it's just a frame with viral parasites. Especially with phrases like: "Typhus is a leech, a parasite that knows only how to take from those around him to support himself, rather than his allies." That couldn't be more removed from the concept of a Samurai if it tried.

I really hope if they do make a samurai warframe it uses the fact that its a Samurai as its main concept and not push it off to the side in favour of some gimmick like viral parasites.

I'd much rather see a Samurai warframe that excels in countering aggression and defending others as is befitting of Bushido. Perhaps with a large summonable Nodachi for good measure.

Well, I only know about Typhus as a Samurai, that's why I mentioned him .w.

they said that it would be something people have been asking for, for a long time. it could be typhus. it could be an earth based frame. it could be a lot of things. i would LIKE it to be typhus, but i think i'll be happy with whatever they throw at me

i dont think they will make typhus to be honest, fan concepts are nice but i dont think they will actually use one over any idea they came up with

Yup. DE knows better and never ever. There are lots of other issues as well for using them, especially by and for the sole creator instead of a community's.

If you want a game-changing frame, take away Lotus and make a frame that has to acquire her abilities to map and detect, etc. a scout frame that could move, stick, crawl and navigate all parts of a map and coordinate locations to other frames.

You could give critical hit skills (a seer type with specialized vision/detection) to make a viable fighter. Just my humble opinion.

If you want a game-changing frame, take away Lotus and make a frame that has to acquire her abilities to map and detect, etc. a scout frame that could move, stick, crawl and navigate all parts of a map and coordinate locations to other frames.

You could give critical hit skills (a seer type with specialized vision/detection) to make a viable fighter. Just my humble opinion.

That sounds more like an idea of a different sort of playable character owo or maybe it is a warframe which is controlled by a 5 players that can't really take part of the battle but support them otherwise, kind of like the commander role of natural selection owo

Edited by DJ_Vauban

I really hope Typhus never gets in game. He doesn't sound that fun to play, and he's way too overhyped.

Not every thread about a new warframe has to be OMG PLS TYPHUS, which is exactly what they are.

That said, I dunno what the next frame will be, I hope they have more interactive skills though, with each skill requiring some thought or aim to use.

Not just press to nuke, or press while looking at an enemy to nuke.

Some kind of lobbed thing could be interesting? Press _ to throw something, could potentially be super bouncy for potentially off the wall mechanics or something, I dunno what it'd do, go boom?

I'd love to see an active shield skill that only shields for like 2 seconds but blocks/reflects all things completely, instead of a passive always up shield.

I dunno what else, just skills that have some mechanics, things you couldn't win a game without looking at screen with, but that would be worth using when used properly.

Gecko Banshee is that you?
Edited by NearoC

Not been mentioned, but there was a crystal-based one which Reddit came up with, design and all.

And, while it seems like I'm in the minority, I don't like the idea of typhus.

Here's the final stage of the reddit one:http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2o5vt7/reddit_creates_a_warframe_day_7_name/

Edited by Warriorrogue

I want Arma far more than I want Typhus.

Arma just has more interesting abilities in my opinion.

do me i don't find arma that appealing. i personally do love typhus but i don't think it will be him. arma to me looks like a demon possessed rhino. <<not a big fan of rhino.

i mean don't get me wrong, if he did come out i'd love to try him out and maybe change my mind.

as for the other 3 mentioned: earth, time, dragon.

of those three i could see earth being released as a counter to zephyr. we got ember (fire) and her counterpart frost (ice) maybe we get <insert name> (earth) to zephyr (air)

i would love a time frame but i don't know how the powers would work. obviously a slow down/ speed up skill. (most likely a slowdown as volt has a speed up skill already xp) maybe one that turns back or foward the time enemies in a radius have to vanish/turn to ash. (this is all i can think up)

as for dragon, same as arma. not really sold on it but willing to try out

I'm going to have to go with a similar sentiment to a few others here: Typhus is edgy weeaboo stuff and good artwork. Better to just look at the pictures than actually have in game. Props where due, that art is cool.

I feel the same way about frames themed around dragons/monsters/darkness/anime/whatever. If it's something that would show up on a fifteen year old who wears all black all the time's deviant art page, I don't want to see it in game.

Frames like Excal, Loki, Mag, Ember--the basics--are cool because they don't beat you in the face with a theme. They have a particular skillset, but it's not so heavyhanded in design or personality as Hydroid, Mesa, or Limbo. They look, for the most part, like they were designed with utility in mind instead of looking cool with meaty bits and bone plates. One of the lingering problems with the new frames we've been getting is a lack of subtlety leading to a lack of creativity.

A truly creative, interesting design, both in terms of visuals and gameplay, would fit into the lore and feel like something a space empire desperate to avoid their own destruction would send out, adapted from the random chance of void empowerment (see: Ember Prime's codex). Of course, I'm just thinking back to when the lore was vague but at least consistent. Now we're ~*~magical space energy~*~... ugh. Sometimes I think this game is just tumbling out of control.

I guess I'm just saying "monsterthingy samurai" just doesn't have what it takes.

not sure if im right,i vary well may not be

but if i understand english correctly,a singular requirement of surprise is that no one has any idea what it might be

so applying a little logic as seasoning...the more i see people mention the ones they can think of,the more i know which ones are less likely

if this next choice of warframe to make will be logical in accordance with what they said (which i very much doubt)

it will very likely indeed be something the community has requested for a long long time,using many many different threads,but something that slipped under the radar

oh my...if what i just remembered is correct,then the next warframe will be entirely based off of something that the community has been requesting since the creation of the game,(if it comes true) would be supported by an interesting comment in the most recent devstream

and its been staring us i nthe face every time we log into the forums,or do a mission ingame,or do an event

its been around ingame since about the same time the game came out

of course i could be completely wrong,i might very well be,but if im right it will cause people`s eyes to crystalize with epicness

oh my...if what i just remembered is correct,then the next warframe will be entirely based off of something that the community has been requesting since the creation of the game,(if it comes true) would be supported by an interesting comment in the most recent devstream

and its been staring us i nthe face every time we log into the forums,or do a mission ingame,or do an event

its been around ingame since about the same time the game came out

of course i could be completely wrong,i might very well be,but if im right it will cause people`s eyes to crystalize with epicness

kubrow frame confirmed. lmao jk i know exactly what you're talking about ;) but....uh for everyone else you should elaborate....

im not sure (as in im not sure what your referencing),but the thing im talking about is abit further up the alphabet with the first letter,and remember these points:

we see it whenever we log into the game,do a mission,or an event

its staring us in the face when we veiw the forums

the helmet of this thing would be problematic

infact your looking at it right now

im not sure (as in im not sure what your referencing),but the thing im talking about is abit further up the alphabet with the first letter,and remember these points:

we see it whenever we log into the game,do a mission,or an event

its staring us in the face when we veiw the forums

the helmet of this thing would be problematic

infact your looking at it right now

you are quite literally losing me. if the said frame starts with an L then you are mistaken since the next frame will be male. but if it is other wise then i'm lost my friend

well that would fit the definition of surprise no?they said itd be something requested for a long time?with an interesting mechanic?but it will still be a surprise?it cant be a surprise if its expected

also,how else would you expect they will forfill that "full glory" line from the last devstream of this year?unless there going to go through months and months of work to make a whole infrastructure supporting it,a warframe would be logical

Edited by GunDownGrace

well that would fit the definition of surprise no?they said itd be something requested for a long time?with an interesting mechanic?but it will still be a surprise?it cant be a surprise if its expected

also,how else would you expect they will forfill that "full glory" line from the last devstream of this year?unless there going to go through months and months of work to make a whole infrastructure supporting it,a warframe would be logical

true although i don't believe that said "L" is a frame, nor physical at that. also i've not seen that many people asking for it