Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime's Underwhelming

Gahrzerkire

New Proposition:

Drop the Soma Prime's damage from 12.0 to 10.5 5% stronger then the soma.

Boost its crit to 45% to make up for 15% damage decrease, this would allow for it to continously crit, with the occasional spike of a red crit. HEAR ME OUT.

Essentially what this build would do, is make it so that the Soma Prime was on par with the boltor, UNLESS it got a red crit and then it would jump ahead temporarily. The idea is to make the soma prime a gun that you can rely on. I cannot 100% rely on a 75% crit chance. it means 25% of the time my damage is going to be sagging.

I would love to see the Soma Prime have no damage sag only solution is to make it crit 100% of the time. Hell if red crits arent what you want it to get into, then fine.

give it 11.0 damage and a 40% crit chance. Then it maxes out at exactly 100% crit chance.

Original Post:

This is the SOMA PRIME, the gun that is supposed to feel like a god. Now I understand that being OP is unneccesary, but seriously the thing would be amazing if it was given i dont know at least the paris primes crit chance? then we would randomly get red crits and always be critting.

Not too much to ask.

Give it a 45% crit chance.

Then it would feel like a prime. And mabye 15% status. All I really care about it the crit though, buff it to 45%. Then Its perfect. and you can leave it alone.

^^ that is a bad idea ^^ would give it better DPS then the paris prime. Oh well. How dare i aask.

Edited by Gear-hart

IF its gets HEADSHOTS. Oh great... so if the boltor headshots it still out DPS's it. Wonderful that is not the POINT. And it wouldnt change it much, other then make it feel the way it should. As someone who has been playing this game since Beta, it would be great if our primed legendary weapon felt legendary. All that needs is a buffed crit chance. It wouldnt change DPS that much. Other then increasing the number of times you crit by 25% and then boost 12% of those crits damage. It is completely fair. And Not that much of a buff.

Make the soma prime the first red crit projectile weapon. AS IT SHOULD BE. (Besides by just buffing crit chance it wouldnt out DPS the boltor, unless it was headshots.)

Weapons need an upper ceiling you know. As far as gameplay goes across the solar system and the void, our gear and abilities are already overpowered.

Soma Prime is a very good weapon, and already eclipses many before it. The newest prime weapon should not be the overall best in every way, because that's just blatant powercreep which eventually trivializes the game to be completely meaningless.

In short, Soma Prime is a good gun. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Edited by MechaKnight

As someone who has been playing this game since Beta

This pisses me off. Saying you've been playing since Beta does not give you special significance or weigh your opinions more heavily. I've been playing since closed Beta too and I think the Soma P is perfect where it is.

Weapons need an upper ceiling you know. As far as gameplay goes across the solar system and the void, our gear and abilities are already overpowered.

Soma Prime is a very good weapon, and already eclipses many before it. The newest prime weapon should not be the overall best in every way, because that's just blatant powercreep which eventually trivializes to game to be completely meaningless.

In short, Soma Prime is a good gun. Just enjoy it for what it is.

It doesnt need to be the best. I am not asking for that. If I was i would say give it a 50% damage increase. I said give it a higher crit chance. That doesnt buff Damage. Did any of you read my post? The point is to make one of the most loved guns in the game's prime feel the way it should. Its not a monster. My proposition doesnt make it overwhelming at all. Just makes it always crit. And sometimes red crit.

I DIDNT SAY BUFF DAMAGE JESUS. JUST CRIT CHANCE.

THEY DIDN'T SAY DAMAGE WAS BUFFED, JESUS. JUST THAT IT SEEMED OP.

no but really, chill. Any weapon can be good with the right mods. If you want a shiny Soma, cool. Get a shiny Soma. If it's underwhelming, oh no! It's still a nice shiny gun. If you want something better... then.. well, use something better.

IF its gets HEADSHOTS. Oh great... so if the boltor headshots it still out DPS's it. Wonderful that is not the POINT. And it wouldnt change it much, other then make it feel the way it should. As someone who has been playing this game since Beta, it would be great if our primed legendary weapon felt legendary. All that needs is a buffed crit chance. It wouldnt change DPS that much. Other then increasing the number of times you crit by 25% and then boost 12% of those crits damage. It is completely fair. And Not that much of a buff.

Make the soma prime the first red crit projectile weapon. AS IT SHOULD BE. (Besides by just buffing crit chance it wouldnt out DPS the boltor, unless it was headshots.)

I don't think you understand how headshots work.

Standard headshot - 2x damage

Crit headshot - 4x damage

Crit headshot as client - 8x damage

By nature of being a crit weapon, The Soma Prime gets far more out of headshots than the Boltor Prime. Even without headshots though, it still has slightly higher burst and sustained DPS than the Boltor Prime.

This &!$$es me off. Saying you've been playing since Beta does not give you special significance or weigh your opinions more heavily. I've been playing since closed Beta too and I think the Soma P is perfect where it is.

Dude I am not saying it gives me more weight in my points, just more weight in what has and has not been anticipated. And what has been anticipated is the soma prime. As a great fun, "feel like a god" weapon. And sadly the crit chance currently, isnt up there, i see sh$% numbers all the time.

THEY DIDN'T SAY DAMAGE WAS BUFFED, JESUS. JUST THAT IT SEEMED OP.

no but really, chill. Any weapon can be good with the right mods. If you want a shiny Soma, cool. Get a shiny Soma. If it's underwhelming, oh no! It's still a nice shiny gun. If you want something better... then.. well, use something better.

Its about getting justice for the gun! The gun deserves better, if I want to mow people down, I break out my braton prime, or my Amprex, or my boltor, hell my soma, but the soma prime. Just feels wrong right now, it doesnt crit enough. seeing 300 damage come out of your soma 25% of the time, its annoying, and very dissappointing. 

I don't think you understand how headshots work.

Standard headshot - 2x damage

Crit headshot - 4x damage

Crit headshot as client - 8x damage

By nature of being a crit weapon, The Soma Prime gets far more out of headshots than the Boltor Prime. Even without headshots though, it still has slightly higher burst and sustained DPS than the Boltor Prime.

Y'all just got math'd

1 - The game is in Open Beta.

2 - The Soma Prime is 20% stronger than the base version.  So a 30K DPS build on the Soma will do 36K DPS on the Soma Prime.  Seems good enough for me.  Getting into red crits might make it way more powerful.

This whole out deeps Boltor P with headshots is just stupid. Aside from being in some enemies face, when would a Heavy Cal build Soma even pull that off? Not to mention damage sag because of 75% crit chance. In a game full of RNG and people begrudgingly accept that RNG is rarely on our side, not sure how a 25% chance to for crap damage is ok.

I say buff crit chance just so that damage sag is gone. Boltor P not only has consistent damage but it also has damage spikes too. Soma hasn't been a top contender for primary, let alone just weapon, for a long time now, just because it's infamous for being the best gun at some point doesn't mean that buffing for a primed version would make it OP.