Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates: Lose Standing Keep The Rank.

Chardansearavitriol

I'm a completionist.

Because of this I've taken it upon myself to get all the rewards from all of the syndicates before finishing up with the Arbiters(for RP reasons). However, seeing a second load of Ability augment mods being added I realised that because of the ally/opposed/enemy system without trading it would be impossible to gain all the possible rewards of all the Syndicates. Now I understand that getting rewards through trading, basically interacting with other Tenno, is what DE has in mind it is not what I want to do. And having to switch back and forth between syndicates to keep ranks and standing points up like some demented spinning-plate circus act does not sit well with me.

Thus my suggestion is that once a Rank in a syndicate is attained you can not drop further down then having 0 standing in that rank.

For example, my current situation has me having "completed" Perrin Sequence and New Loka, so I switched to Red Veil/Steel Meridian. This causes me to lose standing with the Perrin Sequence/New Loka and I have already lost access to the top rank rewards because of this.

With my suggestion that Standing is removed as normal, but once it reaches 0/132,000(in case of the top rank) it stops. It alleviates the necessary grind to get those top-rank rewards but doesn't take away having to put in effort to get standing to buy them.

Lore-wise this can be explained by saying that the Syndicates aren't happy that you don't work for them any more(losing standing) but they won't revoke your membership because you've paid for that fair and square(keep highest attained rank).

Seeing as how there will probably come a third and at least fourth round of Ability Augment mods, and more syndicate weapons I'm not looking forward to having to re-grind standing and, more importantly, ranks(and their buy-in costs) with Syndicates that I considered "completed" before.

I hope this all made sense and isn't too rambling.

I see what your asking, but anyone can keep 4 reps at max rank. just takes a bit longer.

syndicatesfouratmaxrank.png

once you get there its easy to keep it that way, and thus you have 4/6 chance to get the mod you want with the new releases.

Edited by Rompido

I see what your asking, but anyone can keep 4 reps at max rank. just takes a bit longer.

syndicatesfouratmaxrank.png

once you get there its easy to keep it that way, and thus you have 4/6 chance to get the mod you want with the new releases.

Topic aside, is there a guide to this posted somewhere? Im sided with Suda and the Arbiters, but I want the Red Veil to like me because I fancy their Syndicate Room. (role-playing reasons.)

Topic aside, is there a guide to this posted somewhere? Im sided with Suda and the Arbiters, but I want the Red Veil to like me because I fancy their Syndicate Room. (role-playing reasons.)

It's kinda easy. In this example, you can work for new loka and the red veil, who will rank up the opposed perrin and meridian independently.

But i give a great many agrees to the OP, I'm in a similar situation where I want to change faction, but I'm worried that my faction will release new undtradable cosmetics in the near future

It's simple level the three on the right or the three on the left, however put 2x as much work into red Veil or Steel Meridian on the other side and it will passively level up Steel Meridian/Red Veil. The only thing you need to remember is you have to spend the rep from whichever one you double up on or it will cap standing at 132k and you will not be able to passively farm any more rep for Steel Meridian/Red Veil.

Edited by geninrising

On-topic - I'm a completionist, too. But that is not the way it was designed. So no, actual way makes it more interesting than what you suggest.

Off-topic - See "View supporting efficiency list" in the wiki, http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates Then it's just a matter of planning and time.

I'm doing this myself, Suda and Meridian are the ones you need to level while passive leveling Arbiters and Veil. The two won't conflict, so you can level 4 syndictates with no problem.

The point of Syndicates is you cant have all 6 ranked up.. In reality all you need is one other person that ranks the syndicates that you dont and you can trade between the pair of you the mods and weapons of the Syndicates that dont like each of you but does the other.

Edited by Loswaith

I'm doing this myself, Suda and Meridian are the ones you need to level while passive leveling Arbiters and Veil. The two won't conflict, so you can level 4 syndictates with no problem.

It needs a bit more planning than that. Doing 50%/50% of Suda/Meridian, you'll only keep yourself at 0 with red veil. Either you rank up first Suda/Arbiters and then proceed with Meridian/Veil or you do double points with Meridian than what you do with Suda, and always beign careful not to roll back Veil because of Suda points.

It needs a bit more planning than that. Doing 50%/50% of Suda/Meridian, you'll only keep yourself at 0 with red veil. Either you rank up first Suda/Arbiters and then proceed with Meridian/Veil or you do double points with Meridian than what you do with Suda, and always beign careful not to roll back Veil because of Suda points.

Considering Suda is only opposed though, it won't be a huge issue. Edited by UpgradeInProgress

I'm a completionist.

... without trading it would be impossible to gain all the possible rewards of all the Syndicates ...

Yep

That's the idea.

What's wrong with trading...?  I'd be fine with Syndicate rank-locked weapons if DE worked out a plausible explanation.

With my suggestion that Standing is removed as normal, but once it reaches 0/132,000(in case of the top rank) it stops. It alleviates the necessary grind to get those top-rank rewards but doesn't take away having to put in effort to get standing to buy them.

If anything you should hit 0, and then start going Negative at half rate of normal loss.. The Syn should truly punish you for working for their rivals..

The point of Syndicates is you cant have all 6 ranked up.. In reality all you need is one other person that ranks the syndicates that you dont and you can trade between the pair of you the mods and weapons of the Syndicates that dont like each of you but does the other.

Actually, you can have all six ranked up.  It would just require very tedious micromanaging.  Mentioned on the wiki.

I'm a completionist.

Because of this I've taken it upon myself to get all the rewards from all of the syndicates before finishing up with the Arbiters(for RP reasons). However, seeing a second load of Ability augment mods being added I realised that because of the ally/opposed/enemy system without trading it would be impossible to gain all the possible rewards of all the Syndicates. Now I understand that getting rewards through trading, basically interacting with other Tenno, is what DE has in mind it is not what I want to do. And having to switch back and forth between syndicates to keep ranks and standing points up like some demented spinning-plate circus act does not sit well with me.

Thus my suggestion is that once a Rank in a syndicate is attained you can not drop further down then having 0 standing in that rank.

For example, my current situation has me having "completed" Perrin Sequence and New Loka, so I switched to Red Veil/Steel Meridian. This causes me to lose standing with the Perrin Sequence/New Loka and I have already lost access to the top rank rewards because of this.

Lore-wise this can be explained by saying that the Syndicates aren't happy that you don't work for them any more(losing standing) but they won't revoke your membership because you've paid for that fair and square(keep highest attained rank).

Seeing as how there will probably come a third and at least fourth round of Ability Augment mods, and more syndicate weapons I'm not looking forward to having to re-grind standing and, more importantly, ranks(and their buy-in costs) with Syndicates that I considered "completed" before.

I hope this all made sense and isn't too rambling.

No malice intended with this, but you would be unable to play Eve Online, for example. Some games are not designed to make what you expect possible. This has become one of them in minor ways.

Edited by DSpite

Mastery points

Exactly, in the case of weapons at least. Augment mods it's mostly that completionist-bug

DE want you to be hunt by syndicate squads. If you can keep the rank,you can escape from facing any syndicate squad.

Didn't think about that one, makes sense. Even if the attacks are trivial most times. Now if allied syndicates you are in the negative with would gang up on you, that would be a nice 'Oh F^*&" moment.

Actually, you can have all six ranked up.  It would just require very tedious micromanaging.  Mentioned on the wiki.

If I wanted micromanaging on that scale I'd go back to Eve Online and actually be serious about that.

No malice intended with this, but you would be unable to play Eve Online, for example. Some games are not designed to make what you expect possible. This has become one of them in minor ways.

With Eve I have never had an issue with not having everything(training times before I can use some things being one of them. Aesthetics being the other. Gallente design looks like a glass-blower got the hiccups while on pcp) possibly the scope of Eve also keeps me from wanting everything like it does in WF.

Conclusion: Either I micromanage or deal with trading. But hope springs eternal, even if I'm the only one who wants this :).

Just a reminder:Syndicate relationships between each other may change as an outcome of particular event(s).Sadly,i dont have any source for this but it was said in one of the devstreams.You're welcome to search yourself.On a side note,i understand your point of view,OP,and at the same i understand some limits should be there.I think the ability to max out 4 Syndicates at a time is already good enough.If you want every single Sigil from every Syndicate,then you'll just have to sacrifice something.

No just no, the point is that your choice to have consequences.

Just a reminder:Syndicate relationships between each other may change as an outcome of particular event(s).Sadly,i dont have any source for this but it was said in one of the devstreams.You're welcome to search yourself.On a side note,i understand your point of view,OP,and at the same i understand some limits should be there.I think the ability to max out 4 Syndicates at a time is already good enough.If you want every single Sigil from every Syndicate,then you'll just have to sacrifice something.

its too late to change the relationships now, it will totally punish players (again) that have ranked up syndicates