Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Powers Should Have Scale Ability Outright, Augments Should Add To/alter That Scale Ability

AlphaHorseman

Well Furious Javelin is actually just the augment for Radial Javelin, so it affecting other abilities makes it like an aura, rather than an augment, as such we've kept it to affecting just one ability.

Darn. 

I was hoping it'd be encouragement for Excaliburs to use all of their abilities instead of #4errydayallday

Darn. 

I was hoping it'd be encouragement for Excaliburs to use all of their abilities instead of #4errydayallday

That's the hope for powers, but that should be innately done through all abilities within a WarFrames kit being useful and viable. It should not, however, be necessitated through augmentation.

Perhaps a toggle alternate...kinda to help with all frames

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/352857-toggle-able-abilites/

I really like the Excal ability with the melee counter - maybe have it add extra damage mitigation too since you're stuck in melee, say 15-25%?

Augment: Honoured blade - gain x hp back on strike and/or y hp back on kill

Toggle for which abilities though? If they all were toggle able it would be pretty overpowered. Players would just switch them on and wouldn't pay any heed to anything else and just walk through the maps with those powers on.

Toggle for which abilities though? If they all were toggle able it would be pretty overpowered. Players would just switch them on and wouldn't pay any heed to anything else and just walk through the maps with those powers on.

Empowered strikes is the ability I like :3

My version of the toggle system allows for such things to be kept on permanently but with a reduction to energy as a whole which would balance out the spamming due to the reduced maximum energy

I think that empowered strikes would benefit greatly from this toggle (I also think it should give Excal some damage reduction)

My version of the toggle system allows for such things to be kept on permanently but with a reduction to energy as a whole which would balance out the spamming due to the reduced maximum energy

I think that empowered strikes would benefit greatly from this toggle (I also think it should give Excal some damage reduction)

Oh you aren't locked into melee, it just amplifies your melee counter and helps with his other powers. Somewhat like Accelerant or Roar, this is how Empowered Strike behaves. You are still free to use the other powers and guns at your disposal.

Oh you aren't locked into melee, it just amplifies your melee counter and helps with his other powers. Somewhat like Accelerant or Roar, this is how Empowered Strike behaves. You are still free to use the other powers and guns at your disposal.

right, my misunderstanding

it being a melee power would help it with some damage mitigation - the same thing happens with my toggles; one ability is toggled - ie. think of rhino's iron skin, that is a single instance

empowering strikes would be 'left on' reducing overall energy by 75/36.5 depending on energy but still being able to cast all other powers whilst benefiting from said toggle.

Damage mitigation is implemented via the Augment listed for Radial Javelin. Excalibur would gain a shield provided based on the damage of radial javelin modified by the combo counter.

Damage mitigation is implemented via the Augment listed for Radial Javelin. Excalibur would gain a shield provided based on the damage of radial javelin modified by the combo counter.

Excal also needs a boost to armour considering that Ember - a glass cannon caster now has more armour then him

It would need to be nigh on Mesa range damage mitigation

I was referring to armour then ability, I'm sorry - should have clarified when I posted

Excal also needs a boost to armour considering that Ember - a glass cannon caster now has more armour then him

It would need to be nigh on Mesa range damage mitigation

I was referring to armour then ability, I'm sorry - should have clarified when I posted

Whoops, sorry for forgetting to reply everyone! I'm still working on this thread, just getting busy with some real life stuff.

Excal getting an armor boost sounds fair, to 100, since that's where most of the frames level off at before they become "Tanky".

Mag is being fixed up! Now her entire kit will be viable throughout content with how Scott said he will be buffing her! WITHOUT the need of an augment!

Now, we can only hope that Scott also looks over the rest of her kit for some fine tuning (buffs, if powers need it in his opinion), and continue to move on.

I can only hope that this will also be the case with Frosts kit as well, as he also lacks scale ability with a few of his powers.

All ideas offered in this thread have been wondrous, and have helped to shape how powers can now scale through different iterations. Should any wish to contribute more ideas, or give constructive feedback on what was written hereof, please feel free to do so!

*COUGH*there exists a reddit topic: *spoilers* Datamined Items For 15.13. New augments with descriptions included*COUGH*

Yep they have had this stuff in the works for awhile now even before they were getting the council to come up with ideas.  It is suspected that our role was purely as a polite gesture and held a very minimal if any persuasion in their final decisions which is fine really as we don't own the game just help fund it.

You don't usually get a producer of a film to call the shots as they delegate this role to the director and keep with what they do best.. finances and investing.

Aside from all of this, I am not seeing a problem with still coming up with new ideas for augments anyway simply to perhaps fuel DE for more frame concepts.

We know that they anticipate us going to Mastery Rank 30 which means if the max right now is 20/21  We are just on 2/3rds of the way there and there is still 1/3 new content to be released in order to make hitting that mastery achievable.  This too is possibly scheduled to change as well so providing new ideas like this topic is doing still has a purpose and value I believe so keep up the awesome work guys :)

Yep they have had this stuff in the works for awhile now even before they were getting the council to come up with ideas.  It is suspected that our role was purely as a polite gesture and held a very minimal if any persuasion in their final decisions which is fine really as we don't own the game just help fund it.

You don't usually get a producer of a film to call the shots as they delegate this role to the director and keep with what they do best.. finances and investing.

Aside from all of this, I am not seeing a problem with still coming up with new ideas for augments anyway simply to perhaps fuel DE for more frame concepts.

We know that they anticipate us going to Mastery Rank 30 which means if the max right now is 20/21  We are just on 2/3rds of the way there and there is still 1/3 new content to be released in order to make hitting that mastery achievable.  This too is possibly scheduled to change as well so providing new ideas like this topic is doing still has a purpose and value I believe so keep up the awesome work guys :)

Actually with each increase in MR level it takes more and more content to complete it so I feel as though we still have at minimum 5x more content to make it to 30.

Regardless of it's name, ensuring that this "Content" is sound in design and application is key to ensuring its usability and viability throughout content. An integral aspect of this are our Powers, thus why each power should have scale ability through mechanics of CC/Utility, to ensure that they are usable throughout content as not just damage numbers, but multifaceted tools that players can use in interesting ways to solve in-game situations.

Augment Idea for Vauban Bounce

Teleport was suggested for Vortex though I think could be of more use on Bounce as it doesn't have a lot of strong uses right now and this would boost that department.

Mechanic

-  Mobs that walk onto an active bounce plate are teleported to the location of the most recently placed bouncer.  On arrival, they are thrown up into the air

-  Each Rank of the Augment Mod boosts the number of enemies that can teleport through a single Bouncer Plate before it vanishes.  x1, x2, x3, x4

The multiplier is based on the number of times a Plate can normally bounce a mob before it vanishes so if a regular bounce plate can be used 4 times then the max rank of this augment would enable 16 entities (players/enemies) to be teleported before the plate would vanish.

-  Uses are only counted by Departing entities (players or enemies that arrive at the most recent plate would not consume any "uses" from that bounce plate.

-  Entities that stand on the most recently deployed bounce plate will not do anything as it is a delivery gateway and only becomes "active" when a new bounce plate is thrown down.

Augment Idea for Vauban Bounce

Teleport was suggested for Vortex though I think could be of more use on Bounce as it doesn't have a lot of strong uses right now and this would boost that department.

Mechanic

-  Mobs that walk onto an active bounce plate are teleported to the location of the most recently placed bouncer.  On arrival, they are thrown up into the air

-  Each Rank of the Augment Mod boosts the number of enemies that can teleport through a single Bouncer Plate before it vanishes.  x1, x2, x3, x4

The multiplier is based on the number of times a Plate can normally bounce a mob before it vanishes so if a regular bounce plate can be used 4 times then the max rank of this augment would enable 16 entities (players/enemies) to be teleported before the plate would vanish.

-  Uses are only counted by Departing entities (players or enemies that arrive at the most recent plate would not consume any "uses" from that bounce plate.

-  Entities that stand on the most recently deployed bounce plate will not do anything as it is a delivery gateway and only becomes "active" when a new bounce plate is thrown down.

I quite like this, actually. It makes bounce into a very versatile ability that is useful for controlling the demographics of the battlefield.

Only gripe I can think that people would have with this thing is that, just like how Loki got Irradiating Disarm to mimic Nyx's Chaos, this is somewhat similar to to Loki's and/or Ash's Teleporting moves.

If you think it prudent, we could make it something like how his Tesla Augment works. Where casting two Bounces creates a link between the two. Units that step onto the pad are, instead of teleported, launched to where the second pad is. If an enemy is launched by the pad and impacts terrain on the flight towards the second pad, then that target receives impact damage. Players using the pads are just launched towards the other linked pad.

But we can stick to how you've put it, I'm actually quite fine either way, but I wouldn't mind some feedback by the rest of you.

Yeha 2 different reworks is likely more appropriate.  I think that in the situation with Irradiating Disarm vs Chaos  the key issue is that both are an ability cast by the frame to target a local AoE.

In the case of Ash or Loki Teleport, they require a line of sight on an enemy.  This ability is more about predicting where you believe an enemy might walk.   It can have the same effect in some cases though loki will always be the god of teleportation and ash is more teleporting to the enemies not really teleporting enemies around.

Just realised :  I have the ability function around the wrong way and it should be >>

1.  First bounce is thrown down and this one is the Destination point

2.  All future bouncers that are placed will teleport enemies to the location of the Destination bouncer.

3.  If Vauban or any squad member use the original Destination pad 4 times so it vanishes, then all other active bouncers are removed allowing the player to re-cast the ability again setting a new Destination point.

4.  Enemies that walk over the Destination pad ignore it as it is simply a Destination point that throws them up into the air on arrival.

The reason for this change in flow would be that if you are running away from an angry mob of enemies, you would throw down 1 bouncer and keep running.

mobs ignore it as it's the first one you have thrown and then you start to throw down more and each enemy that lands on them is teleported away so it can be used as a defensive ability ad-lib

It would also enable the Vauban to "top up how many bouncers are deployed currently as they vanish after X number of uses based on the Augment mod rank without having to try and reset that destination path again.

One other cool thing to see would be 2 vaubans using this ability in conjunction.  I wonder what crazy effects you could come up with.

Do people think that both enemies an dallies should be allowed to use the bouncers for teleportation or would they all functionas regular bouncers for squad members and allied forces?

Hmmm, I couldn't say. Currently I like the idea, though I could see how people would be annoyed by stepping on a teleporting bounce and being moved into the oncoming mob of enemies. But, it could be fixed by having just enemies be teleported. However, it would lose some usability like that.

I've added in your changes into the OP.

• 2 weeks later...

Something else to fix it would be allowing players to pick when they can be teleported. Just like when players use the teleporter pads in the Dojo, they can decide to press "X" and be teleported, or continue on without being disturbed.

Yes that would be a really good fix for it actually :) Nice one!