Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Me And Every Other Tenno In This Game Are Insane

UnknownGunneryChief

I always though insane people are those maniacs who act really strange and look weird, who are serial killers and maniacs who look as if they lost control of themselves. That is what really always though, up untill now. If you think about it, we ALL are insane - we keep doing the same thing, over and over and over again, thinking - "next time, it will be different". But it won't be. We farm those void missions, thinking "now I got this Bo Prime Ornament, but next time, I will get that Loki P helmet". Have any of us even realized this? I'm actually shocked to see that I'm super insane, yet I am not a serial killer, I don't act strange and I actually control myself. I play Warframe every day, thinking that I will get that certain part, I talk to my crush every day, thinking she will eventually go out with me, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

I really don't know what to say about this, except ask all of you a question - what do you think about this? No, I am not trolling or asking for attention, this idea just came up in my mind yesterday and I couldn't sleep or do anything IRL because it just locked my mind up. Even now, as I'm writing this, I don't know what to think of life or myself anymore...

Edited by -Himari-
Edited post for language.

I don't care. If I end up not enjoying the game, I will stop. The main thing for me is to be a supportive player and make sure others enjoy the experience as well. As long as I can do that and have fun in Warframe, I don't care if my behavior seems "insane".

Also, we can label everything, anything we want. We can just choose not too. If you call your behavior insane, it will be insane. If you don't, then it won't be. 

Speak for yourself.

It seems like you have other underlying issues that most of us don't have.

I find the game fun and I play the same mission over and over because things DO drop if you play it enough times.

If something has a 5% chance to drop, I may need to play the mission 100 times to see results. That's just the nature of rng

Edited by Hypernaut1

While you could argue that doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is irrational, what you talk about is not really the definition of insanity, but more so persistence. 

Besides if you are having fun playing Warframe, that's pretty normal to be jumping on every day. Everyone does something in their off time.

Edited by CrossbowJoe

Google "Skinner Box".

If it was the same result, you would be right, we would be insane to keep going (not literally "insane" though!)

...but sometimes it is different, and it is the sometimes that keeps people going.

Edited by Egg_Chen

I always though insane people are those maniacs who act really strange and look weird, who are serial killers and maniacs who look as if they lost control of themselves. That is what really always though, up untill now. If you think about it, we ALL are insane - we keep doing the same @(*()$ thing, over and over and over again, thinking - "next time, it will be different". But it won't be. We farm those void missions, thinking "now I got this S#&$ty Bo Prime Ornament, but next time, I will get that Loki P helmet". Have any of us even realized this? I'm actually shocked to see that I'm super insane, yet I am not a serial killer, I don't act strange and I actually control myself. I play Warframe every day, thinking that I will get that certain part, I talk to my crush every day, thinking she will eventually go out with me, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

I really don't know what to say about this, except ask all of you a question - what do you think about this? No, I am not @(*()$ trolling or asking for attention, this idea just came up in my mind yesterday and I couldn't sleep or do anything IRL because it just locked my mind up. Even now, as I'm writing this, I don't know what to think of life or myself anymore...

Yep, I never said that I not insane.

Creepy stuff indeed... if you are suffering the game so much, take a break, in my personal experience i keep playing because i have fun with it, not because of some item-fueled obsession, i couldn't care less about void drops. The name of the game for me is Forma.

I'm confused. Are you asking why everyone keeps thinking on the optimistic side of things or are you asking for date tips?

=))))))))))))))))

this, and a happy new year for all of the female and male tenno's playing warframe ,-)))))))))

Thought this thread was going to talk about the all the mass killing we do.  Not for lore, or even a grudge.  No.. the reasons are usually "Hmm, running low on void keys.  Lets slaughter a few hundred grineer for a shot at the one mode I need more of.  And this new weapon is neat, haven't killed nearly enough with it.".

Its gotten to the point where hearing them talk about repopulating an area after I return to ship is worth a grin.  Starting to think this skoom is one sick puppy.