Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Swords.

Unholy_Ghost

Some are two regular swords, some are a sword + a dagger. The only difference is range as far as I know, but then again that's only noticeable when you're not doing combos. A sword and a dagger is theoretically easier to handle because the dagger is shortened so that it doesn't get in the way of the longer sword.

Some people said they should make it choosable (either dual sword, or dual dagger, up to the individual player).

There was a time when they fixed dual swords to be actual dual swords, and literally NO ONE knows why they changed it back.

Actually, unless I missed the time you're talking about, the one I remember is they accidentally changed the Dual Heat Swords to two swords, then changed it back and announced it was an accident.

Edited by xXRampantXx

The one thing I dislike about dual swords is that it requires two of the same sword and then they get treated like an individual weapon. I wish they would do away with that system and allow a player to mix and match what they want to combine.

For example combining a Heat Sword with an Ether Sword.

Though balancing that would be a nightmare I find it to be a feature that is needed since it is somewhat illogical to treat two of the same weapons held together as a new weapon and why a Tenno needs to research it with a blueprint in order to understand how his other hand works in conjunction.

It's actually a matter of realism. Dual swords are far less practical than a sword/knife combo.

You realize we have a rocket hammer, parasite-whip, a gun blade, a sword and shield made of fire, and a rocket powered boomerang, right? "Realism" and "practicality" were shot out the airlock a long time ago. Not to mention we're super-soldier space ninjas, we would have no problem holding two swords.

You realize we have a rocket hammer, parasite-whip, a gun blade, a sword and shield made of fire, and a rocket powered boomerang, right? "Realism" and "practicality" were shot out the airlock a long time ago. Not to mention we're super-soldier space ninjas, we would have no problem holding two swords.

Realism and practicality with technique he meant.

Some are two regular swords, some are a sword + a dagger. The only difference is range as far as I know, but then again that's only noticeable when you're not doing combos. A sword and a dagger is theoretically easier to handle because the dagger is shortened so that it doesn't get in the way of the longer sword.

I remember the fight against Sundowner in Metal Gear Rising: Revengance where one of the supporting characters (when calling him) is discussing how the more common two handed fighting style involves a long and short blade, while Sundowners fighting style which involves two blades of the same length is less common.

Which as you said makes sense since a longer and a shorter blade are easier to handle and won't interfer as much as two full sized swords.

Though if i remember right, even when two swords of equal length were used in a fighting style they were usualy shorter than a typical full length sword would be.

This is actualy kind of reflected in the Skana Prime, at least based on it's image, which shows two shorter Skanas rather than a regular skana and a dagger variant.

Perhaps that would be another alternative for DE to the short and long style that Dual Ether and Dual Heatsword currently use, since two full length swords might be too troublesome to animate or clip too much, while two shorter blades might be easier.

Though two full length blades would be possible, but would also require their own animation set to look good.

It is based on eastern culture, dual wielding consisted of a sword and a shorter sword. It is hard to hold two swords, especially long swords in one hand each.

Actualy short and long blade two handed fighting styles were pretty common in the west too both. Just look at how prominent they are in swash buckling stories like the three musketeers or pirate settings.

Since it was the time period when heavy armor and shields have gone out of favor but muskets were not good enough to completely phase out melee as regular form of combat. So bucklers and daggers were common as defensive object in the off hand.

Which might have also been the inspiration for DE to go with this type of dual wielding.

Edited by Othergrunty