Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extend The Event

eraze93

Is there anything like love for archwing? Well, maybe newer players might find it interesting but for vets its just re-grinding the same mods as in ground gameplay again.

Yes, to the pyre with him!

I've played since closed beta, so i'm definitely a vet, and I absolutely love Archwing. If not for the slight imbalance at higher levels, making it almost impossible to solo, then i'd say it was a perfect game-mode. The main problems people have with it is a.) we can't use our already maxed Warframe mods and b.) there's a lack of modes. For the first part i'd say suck it up. They're bound to add new mods into the ground based modes that you'll have to farm for so why is this any different? For the second part I do agree that it needs more than 3 modes but at the same time it's quite a bit harder to implement things like survival and defence if you can be hit from every angle possible. They're bound to evolve Archwing as it goes along but there's really no point getting angry, that they based an event around it, just because you dislike it as it is now. The problems with this event aren't anything to do with the Archwing component of it.

Edited by Critter

I've played since closed beta, so i'm definitely a vet, and I absolutely love Archwing. If not for the slight imbalance at higher levels, making it almost impossible to solo, then i'd say it was a perfect game-mode. The main problems people have with it is a.) we can't use our already maxed Warframe mods and b.) there's a lack of modes. For the first part i'd say suck it up. They're bound to add new mods into the ground based modes that you'll have to farm for so why is this any different? For the second part I do agree that it needs more than 3 modes but at the same time it's quite a bit harder to implement things like survival and defence if you can be hit from every angle possible. They're bound to evolve Archwing as it goes along but there's really no point getting angry, that they based an event around it, just because you dislike it as it is now. The problems with this event aren't anything to do with the Archwing component of it.

for point a the difference is that you essentially have to double your farming efforts, which is really no fun at all in such a farming laden game. especially since as noted neither systems interact with each other, which makes doing it double all the more lack luster since you are just going same mile twice. if i wanted to do the same things twice without any progress i'd make a second account, not deal with this whole separate enterprise archwing stuff. 

edit: 

a larger varieties of modes for archwing would probably be nice as well, but coming from someone who is entirely put off by the earlier point i find this sort of moot. ironing out the core concept better kinda trumps expanding the hastened product. 

and for the event, while its failure isn't entirely to be pinned on archwing, to a point archwing has contributed to its failure. by making it an archwing exclusive event anyone who views the archwing system as lackluster really have no purpose to run it, in fact i've seen people who haven't participated in the events because the don't like archwing in its current state and don't see a point in putting the effort forth merely for items within a mode they will never go out of their way to touch. even de seemed to be slightly aware of how making the event so archwing focused might degrade participation, hence why they added payloads to each formorian outside of the rewards already obtained by the point system, and also made it that relays were at risk. both precautionary motivators in the case that the players wouldn't be as interested in this event type as others. 

Edited by Cubewano

I am pretty sure DE planned the destruction of all relays all along.

I'm pretty sure they didn't. People keep saying this.  They just don't seem to understand that people dislike Archwing enough not to play the event, or at least not complete it out of irritation. 

I was thinking this for awhile and I wanted to see if there was a post about this.  I myself am super into warframe, I got a little burned out awhile ago but I always come back for the events.  This event being over the holidays was a little tough, I couldn't play alot of the days and I didn't even own my archwing.  I had to farm up all the parts and then craft the parts, and then the archwing itself which took 2 days just in the crafting proccess.  I know this is totally my fault, but now wanting to complete the event (Never missed a reward yet!) I am unable to because theres only 2 fomorian threats every 1.5 days or what not.  Its just a real bummer, I hope something changes so I can get my remaining points :(

Edited by daytek85

End the event and bring in something better. Something fun hopefully.

This. While we're at it, something that doesn't involve Hek and Superships would be a nice change of pace too - we've already had three events that revolved around both. All of 'em involved building MacGuffins to blow 'em up.

It's a stale formula that's more than run its course.

I accept your opinion, in the end its about personal taste and how much grind you can take/how fun the grind is for you. But I've seen too many old players leaving, people I knew for more than a year, because they completely ignored archwing and there was no more refining of the ground-gameplay.

We have to see it like this: Archwing is another gamemode, even another game if yo want it. It plays different from the main game, and some people play the game because of the ground gameplay, this is why they started. Now imagine youre forced into a completely different game when you actually want to enjoy ground gameplay. Its like havin to play a flight simulator part when you actually want to play a roleplay game.

I think Archwing would not be that bad if it wouldnt force players to do it to get mastery.

And on the one side archwing is too similar to the ground gameplay: Melee, ranged, skills, kill stuff, exactly the same missin objectives. One the other side its very different: No cover, 3 dimensional movement, different enemies.

However its very imbalanced because we still have things like the weapon damage mods and armor scaling in archwing, so it basically feels like a "false warframe" for some people. Because its basically the ground gameplay with 3-dimensional movement, however less exploration and complexitiy.