Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Or.....

Rickhaos

Question

Greetings fellow tenno, i need help in deciding wich my next warframe is gonna be, so I decided ask in the forums were people with more knowledge can help me.

First let me say that i already have Excalibur and Nyx, of the two Nyx is my favorite (i love me some utility/cc and she looks nice) but i like Excalibur as well.

At first i was gonna build Valkyr but many people say that she completly falls off late game, but to me her gameplay looks really fun with the all berserk melee stuff, and i like how she looks as well.

If she isn't worth it i also have available to me: Mag, Rhino and Ember.

Thank you for your time

18 answers to this question

Valkyr mainly relies on what melee weapon you got if you got a crit build with ichors then just have duration mods with armor and health and you can run late game about as easy as rhino with a soma but if you dont have that then the better question is whats your gameplay style

She makes for the better Rage/Life Strike builds due to her insane armor and health, but that is sort of dependant on your playstyle entirely (and if you even have those mods).

Any frame that doesn't have some sort of AOE CC 'falls off' in late game. I really wouldn't worry about it at this point.

when people talk about "late game" please make sure that you know what they're referring to. Valkyr can go very, very far with the right build with the only worry about the "late game" being that she doesn't do enough damage to kill with her claws but that's not of high concern. If you want to use her then feel free.

Of the others you mention, Mag can be fun but is widely regarded as highly not effective against anything not corpus. Use her and you will not regret is as long as you use her skills a lot.

Rhino is the frame that people largely gravitate towards with having little downsides, the only one is that he's slow, but be careful as you might notice that when using that frame, peoples attitude might change because, in short, people see him as the noob frame with most people having issues with people using Rhino. Feel free to use him but be weary about using his toughness to cover your mistakes and you'll be fine.

Ember is the frame that people are finding the most issue with having very poor late game and unless you have good skill with the frame you will find issue against most enemies other than infested. Be careful when using her but I recommend using her just to see for yourself when you get the chance when you can spare the space.

Overall, if you are looking for a new main, then Valkyr and Rhino (personally not recommended) would be your safest bet.

Edited by Armouredhunter

Valkyr mainly relies on what melee weapon you got if you got a crit build with ichors then just have duration mods with armor and health and you can run late game about as easy as rhino with a soma but if you dont have that then the better question is whats your gameplay style

I can easly craft the dual ichor, but are they the only good melee weapon for her?

Atm I only have nikana, heat sword and orthos

Edited by Rickhaos

Any frame can be a GOOD frame, no matter when you use it. Me, I own pretty much everything I could get my hands on, and as a team player, Valkyr can be super useful just because she can rage for 30+ seconds, and walk out into the middle of combat, taking fire from everything, and heal her teammates. No need to worry about putting up an ice shield or clearing out the enemies shooting you first. Just walk over, heal like you don't care what they're shooting you with.

Get all the frames. Yeah, it may cost you some money to get the Warframe slots, but it's cheap in the long run since having choices lets you play whatever you want, whenever you want.

Seriously, get all the frames, decide for yourself what you prefer.

I can easly craft the dual ichor, but are they the only good melee weapon for her?

Atm I only have nikana, heat sword and orthos

What you want are melee weapons with a high base crit chance and crit damage as her ult scales on those (mods included) base damage does not scale though.

Look for the weapons with 25% base crit chance and 3x damage: Dual zoren, Dual cleavers, Dual Ichor, Atterax.

I'd say go for Valkyr if you want her most and pick up one of those weapons (I prefer Dual ichor personally) and play for fun. And you always have nyx when you want to go for the team support.

Edited by Airwolfen

If you like the style of Valkyr go get her! 

Been a long time since I messed with Valkyr's 4, but I remember having the impression that it was hard to chase things with her and I only wanted to go nutts when I had lots of targets coming after me. For the rest of the time I would use something good at chasing. Swirling Tiger for dual swords is definitely on that list (Ichors) but you could also do Iron Phonix with any single sword, the tap,tap,pause combo lets you start moving again during the animation for the third hit. I'm not at home but IIRC staff and polearm stances are good at chasing and advancing as well.

I usually use her with whips personally.

If you just love claws, there's always Venka w/Malicious Raptor, but they are bad at coptering.

Edited by VKhaun

What you want are melee weapons with a high base crit chance and crit damage as her ult scales on those (mods included) base damage does not scale though.

Look for the weapons with 25% base crit chance and 3x damage: Dual zoren, Dual cleavers, Dual Ichor, Atterax.

Base damage of the weapon does contribute to Hysteria damage, which is why Dragon Nikana is equal to any of those and Scindo Prime is better. But they're much harder to get and not really accessible early on. I'd say this list is pretty good.

You also don't *need* Life Strike, simply entering into Hysteria to heal is good enough. You will absolutely want to find a 'Rage' mod tho, as it is her primary source of energy. Leveling up the armor mod Steel Fiber can suck because you won't use it for any other frame (maybe Frost/P) but it's as essential as Vitality to her effective health.

Valkyr is great you might end up loving her. But she does require some high level melee weapons (nikana is ok Dragon Nikana is arguably about as good as Ichors although Ichors still win out) And a max Steel Fiber which you probably won't be using for anything else except maybe tank Frost. So just understand that you'll have to do some grinding and farming to get the most out of her.

If your asking this question then you've probably already done some research on the different frames available, or attainable at your skill level, and decided that she likely fits your requirements.

If that is the case then she will love you back.