The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The Void Trader That Was Advertised In The Devstreams?

Detheroc

Void trader is available in Hubs, but I don't think we'll ever get to buy Prime Parts. It makes the Void obsolete.

How would it make Void obsolete? You would still have to go the the Void to get parts to trade. Of course, it would require them to actually reasonably balance part drops and not do loads of duplicates so that parts actually have some sort of relative value (I mean, 50 ducats being a higher end return, and I get that from an AkBronco link. I had 15 of these...) It was very easily doable to devise a balanced system for parts, I just think DE thinks it would have made it so people won't buy plat, and they want to keep artificial difficulty.

And of course since everyone asked for it, DE HAS TO give it to us EXACTLY as we demanded it.

Because we are entitled and special.

Right?

See Guziol's reply.

Also, I personally would have been fine with this system we have of him showing up in intervals with a bunch of goodies, but to include some prime parts, so that it at least included the original idea the community had in mind a bit.

It's not like we have to have gotten some 24/7 "Prime Shop" where we just go turn our junk to gold. 

Also, I personally would have been fine with this system we have of him showing up in intervals with a bunch of goodies, but to include some prime parts, so that it at least included the original idea the community had in mind a bit.

I could see that working out. It would allow DE to keep the most recent prime items out of circulation until they've cooled off in value (just like how they wait to add new helmets to alert pool). 

I'm sure there will be changes to Baro Ki'Teer in general, so something like this is possible.

I've got mountains of Akbronco Prime Links and Nyx Prime Systems from speed-running T4 Captures. Going by ducat value, these are the "rarest" tier of prime components. If these could be traded for other prime components of equal or lesser rarity, I would be set forever on Prime items. This notion is simply ridiculous. There's a difference between reducing grind and basically handing new prime items to everyone on a silver platter, which is what this would be.

If one part would cost 20 times the standard selling price (or even more) of an equivalent of the same tier, then why not?

Buying T4 parts for 1000 ducats each. I'd be happy with that.

Edited by Filas312

Trade a part that drop in T4 exclusively for another part that drop in T4. You don't need a PhD in physic to think of something that simple.

Trade all my mag prime parts for nyx/nova/loki parts ^^

Hahaha nope won't happen ever. There is a reason some parts are key gated behind hard to get keys and drop chances that are like <1% while other parts drop every damn key and whenever you get something else you are happy.

"I want Nova Prime... ugh, but I don't want to run T4 missions... I know! I'll run a bunch of T1 missions, get the parts to sell for enough Ducats, and then never have to touch a higher-level tower EVER again!"

"I want Nova Prime... ugh, but I don't want to run T4 missions... I know! I'll run a bunch of T1 missions, get the parts to sell to players for enough Platinum, and then never have to touch a higher-level tower EVER again!"

Edited by CHunterX

"I want Nova Prime... ugh, but I don't want to run T4 missions... I know! I'll run a bunch of T1 missions, get the parts to sell for enough Platinum to players, and then never have to touch a higher-level tower EVER again!"

Easier said then done.

Easier said then done.

Not really, no. Assuming you get something like a Boltor Prime BP, Soma Prime anything, Bo Prime Handle, Scindo Prime almost anything, etc. You'll easily have enough to buy a piece of Nova Prime.

Edited by CHunterX

Not really, no. Assuming you get something like a Boltor Prime BP, Soma Prime anything, Bo Prime Handle, Scindo Prime almost anything, etc. You'll easily have enough to buy a piece of Nova Prime.

Assuming, yes. But the things you've listed, they themselves are rare to come by and not easily found - hence the prices for which they'll sell. Now, you pick up something like a Bo Prime Ornament, or a Latron Prime Stock, which are FAR more common in the Void, GOOD LUCK TRYING TO SELL THEM for ANY plat, let alone an amount that would make even trying this reasonable as opposed to, say, just trying to farm the pieces your after themselves.

Unlike players, though, a Void trader would have no qualms about what is bought or sold - as he operates now - and so the amassing of the necessary amount of Ducats to purchase ANYTHING from him is made task beyond triviality. 100, 200 Latron Prime Stocks = One Nova Prime; without a SINGLE Tier 4 Void Run or, hell, even a SINGLE rare part drop. (that's merely an example, of course, but you see what I'm getting at).

Edited by Morec0

You know, the one "Sell unwanted prime parts, use that currency to buy parts you actually need!". What happened to that? Did DE ever cancel that intent officially? Or did they just silently changed it for reasons i hope are not true (players that missed the prime mods will buy them for plat, so they have to buy plat first, so DE gets money).

EDIT: I am aware of how Baro Ki'teer works. Please dont explain that to me. Read my topic again.

As far as I know, the Devs never said anything about the "buy the parts you need" part. That part was an assumption made by the players when DE said they would bring in a trader to trade in your unused prime parts. They never said for what, so you can't really say they went back on their word like that. They took the community's idea and modified it to create a happy middle ground between business and fun. Being able to have a use for junk prime parts is still great, even if you can necessarily buy the parts your're missing with ducats.

What happened is what always happen, DE say they will do something and does the total opposite.

Pretty sure they did exactly what they said they would do. Which is give you a way to trade in prime parts. They NEVER said anything about using the currency to buy rare prime parts at all. In fact they never really gave any details on what you could trade for in the dev streams. The players took what they said and made a pile of assumptions, and now you guys are upset and blaming DE that your assumptions were wrong.

All the people in that thread that can't read 3 simple line of text is astonishing. 

This. wow I was reading the first page of this thread and was getting more and more aggravated that no one actually read what the OP stated.

That said, I DO remember DE saying something like what the OP said. However it was basically the first time they actually talked about him, and that was quite a long time ago. They could've easily changed their minds since then. And the only answers we have is hearsay. I don't really care THAT much however. We still have a thriving trade market, and now we can trade unwanted prime parts, even the "crappy" ones easier than before since people can just give them to the trader for ducats.

What happened to the Void that was advertised on the streams? Remember how it was supposed to be a cool place with unique challenges that would contain secrets and would let you learn more about the Orokin, how their society worked and how they fell?

Two years later, it's still a dumping ground for new prime pieces with terrible drop rates and powahcrepe because DE wants to sell Prime Access.

I think in regards to the whole misconception/assumption that the Baro would be trading prime parts for prime parts, many people felt that despite it never being clarified by DE and therefore people filled in the information gap with the ideal scenario, people felt that this was a conscious decision by DE to NOT abide by what many people were hoping for.

The devs aren't stupid, they knew what people were after when this concept was proposed and set into motion. Was that decision justified? I'll let others be the judge of that, I'm just trying to express what I think some people are feeling in light of this.

I thought they said void trader ONLY use ducats when they were advertising it; but what we've gotten is a greedy bastard that wants both ducats and credits...

Thats another problem with it. I know people were asking for credit sinks but goddamnit im always short on cash, never broke throught 500k creds except for recent 50-100k cred rewards.