Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A More Serious Subject: Paris Today 7Th Of Januari

Waterheart

Sorry that I post this if this isn't appropriate to discuss on a game forum, but I would like to have a moment of silence of the terroristic act that happened there today 12 O' clock Western european time. 

For the people who didn't know, 2 armed men walked in to the Charlie Hebdo building (french magazine) who are already known for making drawings that joke around all kinds of subjects, also religions. that is the main reason why the assumption exists that it was done by extremist Islamists. 

I personally would like your opinion about this kind of stuff, as it is happening a lot more (assault on the jewish museum in Brussels, Belgium for example). back then they stated in our local newspaper that violent videogames are one of the triggers of this kind of behavior, do you think that is true? or do you think it has another trigger? 

PLUR

Waterheart

If violent video games caused this behavior there would be a LOT of DEAD PEOPLE everywhere. People are crazy and have been killing each other way before video games. In fact, the murder rate has been consistently going down for so many years, across the world. Sounds to me like religious fundamentalism caused the attack you mentioned, if what you say is true about the target. With video games, everyone knows it is fantasy. With religious fundamentalism, you are actually told by your religious superiors and peers that you are doing an act in the name of God and that makes it right. 

Edited by (PS4)renosis

Anyone want to volunteer to be a Trinity IRL? I'm gonne need a limitless supply of energy for the following:

I'm going to go Excalibur and Radial Javelin all the morons who blame violent video games (hell, violent anything) for events like this.  

All kidding aside, people (including individuals and groups) have been insane, murdering, lunacratic, idiot extremists for generations before us.  You only find out now so fast because of the evolution of technology.  Media and the expansion of media leads to these types of people and groups more readily available to spread their views and inflict the damage because it's what the media covers.  You want to blame someone for these types of attacks, start by blaming the big media.

actually there was a study some time age that indicated that people that used violent games as a escape valve were less prone to to realize violent act for real because they were channeling the aggression, that said as far as i heard the current suspicions points towards extremist, and extremist behavior can hardly be attributed to cause beyond their belief system.

that is the problem with extremist, whichever their affiliation is, they cannot accept other peoples freedom, in this case freedom of speech.

i hope they are promptly captured because that kind of behavior must be punished swiftly and hard .

Depend on personality and mental stability. Many peoples want to kill others for no reason or generate reasons to kill. In this structure the mental problems grown where the peoples doesn't pay attention the politics, resoursces, other peoples. The pressure slowly increase and peoples with low stress handling become crazy and others like to collectivize all and make a guilty thing : Here drawings and video games. If a crazy play with carmaggeddon then he without playing carmaggeddon will killing peoples just for. The indicator can be everything for doing this the more problem is the tolerating and the totally liberating and inside alienating. 

Humans.