The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Finally Overhaul The Market Prices?

Genoscythe

Seriously, this is even more overdue than a rework of how skills in Warframe work.

Nobody pays 30 plat for 90k credits, nobody buys random mod card packs and NOBODY buys fusion core packs that you can get a better version of in every t4 defense.

At least nobody who knows whats up in this game.

I dont know how much profit DE is loosing because some of the platinum market prices are so ridiculous that Darvo would commit suicide seeing them.

Most of those items with completely weird pricing are relics of the U7-era, where credits still had a value(Farming captain vor all day to buy a gun, That was when vor still was a teleporting prod-trooper) and even then things like getting rare mods was easy as hell (actually much easier as it is now).

So please, DE, you want to earn money with this game, but you wont if you dont overhaul the Market a bit, I mean who buys Frost in the market if you can get Frost Prime for 25 plat from every second guy playing this game. There are some really good threads already suggesting changes, this is just meant as a reminder that something is going wrong there.

Much love XXX

Genoscythe

Edited by Genoscythe

I once have seen a thread with a very accurate plan regarding the same issue, but I can't find it anymore. However, I agree. Some items are ridicolously priced. I always thought they're just baits for newbies.

As I said just a reminder, there were several threads with incredibly good solutions that would make people throw money at DE, but as it is now were not even able to buy more than one item at once.

Overall I think a lot of the prices are fair, but yeah some of the older stuff definitely needs adjusting, and we could use more bundle packs for some of the more recent stuff (around U12-13). I think the prices on materials really needs a look at. Some of them are pretty imbalanced. 

Seriously, this is even more overdue than a rework of how skills in Warframe work.

Nobody pays 30 plat for 90k credits, nobody buys random mod card packs and NOBODY buys fusion core packs that you can get a better version of in every t4 defense.

At least nobody who knows whats up in this game.

I dont know how much profit DE is loosing because some of the platinum market prices are so ridiculous that Darvo would commit suicide seeing them.

Most of those items with completely weird pricing are relics of the U7-era, where credits still had a value(Farming captain vor all day to buy a gun, That was when vor still was a teleporting prod-trooper) and even then things like getting rare mods was easy as hell (actually much easier as it is now).

So please, DE, you want to earn money with this game, but you wont if you dont overhaul the Market a bit, I mean who buys Frost in the market if you can get Frost Prime for 25 plat from every second guy playing this game. There are some really good threads already suggesting changes, this is just meant as a reminder that something is going wrong there.

Much love XXX

Genoscythe

what of your mentioned things DO YOU NEED or WANNA HAVE ? =))

what of your mentioned things DO YOU NEED or WANNA HAVE ? =))

Nothing, but some people might, but those people know its overpriced and wont buy it. Also a player who buys something thinking its cool and rare and later finds out its quite easy to get and that he paid of his butt for it will kinda feel betrayed and probably not buy plat again.

Theres a line that DE cannot cross otherwise instead of blaming DE for high plat prices players will blame DE for pay2play. Although yes I know, this is a PVE game, I know that, P2P isnt really possible unless you start selling maxed primed mods for plat or something.

There has to be other systems in place in order for DE to be able to reduce the prices. I think the first thing they should do is remove plat for credits, thats probably the "most" p2p item in the market right now.

Theres a line that DE cannot cross otherwise instead of blaming DE for high plat prices players will blame DE for pay2play. Although yes I know, this is a PVE game, I know that, P2P isnt really possible unless you start selling maxed primed mods for plat or something.

There has to be other systems in place in order for DE to be able to reduce the prices. I think the first thing they should do is remove plat for credits, thats probably the "most" p2p item in the market right now.

ATM I see no line, only some items NOBODY buys because they are abviously overpriced, in EVERY thread where people ask what to do with their plat, people advise them to spend it on slots and potatoes, not on weapons or Warframes. Its better when many people buy somethign low-priced than when only very few buy somethign brutally overpriced.

Removing plat would cut most sources of income for DE, but most people I know only buy plat when they have a 75% discount, the normal plat prices are quite heavy.

This game is mainly played by younger people, there are also people that are young and have regular income, or older working people, but most are students or college students. Only very few of them can afford to spend 10 bucks real quick on a warframe, or even a 100 bucks for some prime access.

Edited by Genoscythe

Wasn't a question like this, asking about rebalancing the market prices and Sheldon answered with "its fine as it is"?

I just remember hearing that on one of the Dev streams, might not be totally true.

You are remembering correctly Sheldon stated that he has no intention of ever looking at the market prices because he thinks they are fine as is.

30 plat for 300 oxium = reasonable, 10 for a single Neural Sensor you get everytime you do five waves on Dark Sector defense on Jupiter = lol

No one really buys weapons for plat so it dont matter their pricing but for the market to thrive they can really get plat flowing in the market more regular with price range tweaks on the more coveted content which as far as i see is gear/consumables/frames/cosmetics. Some tweaks there and they will roll in it - still ive not seen figures, they may already be and it could be why they consider prices great as they are - even if some are a joke, the plat to credit pack for example is a disgusting rip off.