Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sentients Exposed (Possibly)

Desard

Everything I say post forth is from my memory which is a bit shaky at best so forgive me if I get things a little wrong.

Firstly they are called the Sentients, this is our first clue as it assumes they are things that are not normally sentient, i.e. robots, rocks or PLANTS etc..

This led me to thinking about other clues in the game.

The infested were created by the orokin to battle the sentients but the only infested that cant be tracked back to either Corpus or Grineer origin is the Ancients.

The Ancients were described as PLANT BASED life forms by a dev (Steve I think) in a dev stream.

Also they are called Ancients so they have been around for a long time, possible as long as the "old war"?

Also it was said (in a dev stream) when the Orokin derelict tile set came out that it showed the "downfall of the Orokin", the derelicts clearly show they have been taken over by the "tree" type plant "vines" the Orokin used in there technology.

It was said (in a few sources I believe) that the Sentients were able to "take over and use" all the technology the Orokin used against them, as we can see from the Orokin void tile set both the "vine type" plants and water are used a lot in Orokin technology.

It was also hinted at the the next faction coming to the game would be the least human like faction so far, if the Ancients are anything to go by then we can that if indeed the Sentients are coming as a faction then this would fit that bill.

All these clues seem to point at the Sentients being a plant based life-form that looks something like the Infested Ancients and have control of other plants.

-Discuss-

Hold it, wait, no, Sentients were described as having heads.

Ancients don't have cephalization, meaning they don't have a definitive head structure.

Ancients are more likely Orokin creations made by them using the Technocyte virus to infect plants to do battle for them. It is shown of being capable of infecting those massive trees the Orokin have, so I doubt they'd have much problem in doing this. Also, Ancients are the only Infestation seen Corrupted in the towers, and yet none of the other forms are present, and DE just had an opportunity to add more infested units, alongside the Butcher and Nullifier, but they didn't, suggesting to me that the Ancients are an Orokin creation and that's why the Neural Sentry has a way to control it.

Sentients or 5th Faction were described as "the least humanoid looking faction of existing" not plant-like, also Mag prime codex indicate that soldiers fighting Sentients had to wear "Just ten men, like me, strapped in with the best zero-tech suits and weapons the empire could build..." 

Also as we have Proto-Excalibur skin that "Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating Orokin Empire." so that mean Infested existed before Orokin and as disease were "rediscovered" and used as dirty bombs. 

and yes i know that Proto-armor is darkSector reference but DESteave said that darkSector is prequel to Warframe (Devstream #10) and are happening in same universe just much time between

edit: upsie, thanks Tymerc for finding this totally didnt noticed

Edited by Syius

I just want them to become a faction like they hinted at.

I also want to fight them alone, like Mirage did. 

Sentients or 4th Faction were described as "the least humanoid looking faction of existing" not plant-like, also Mag prime codex indicate that soldiers fighting Sentients had to wear "Just ten men, like me, strapped in with the best zero-tech suits and weapons the empire could build..." 

Also as we have Proto-Excalibur skin that "Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating Orokin Empire." so that mean Infested existed before Orokin and as disease were "rediscovered" and used as dirty bombs. 

and yes i know that Proto-armor is darkSector reference but DESteave said that darkSector is prequel to Warframe (Devstream #10)

5th* faction, actually. In regards to enemies, we have: Corpus, Grineer, Infested and Corrupted. Sentients would be number five.

Edited by Tymerc

Firstly

From Mirage quest

"The Void imprint... it's old. I see... Worm ships coming out of punch! A Warframe fighting Sentients... shields are failing..."

From Mag Pime Codex entry

"The countless articulating worm-ships of our enemy, ringed in glowing discs, undulating and heat-bursting the surviving soldiers like me"

Neither say the Sentients are worms or worm like.

Does a liset look like a Tenno?

Does a Grineer Gallion look like a Grineer?

Secondly

There are plenty of enemy types that dont appear in the void towers as corrupted so i dont think what you said has much basis.

Thirdly

It has been said multiple times that the dark sector stuff is the same universe but is not necessarily part of the same timeline, i.e. an alternate timeline in the same universe.

nah,we are both wrong to a point

new faction means new faction,i didnt include corrupted cause they are rehashes of others,but if you wanna go that route

tenno,grineer,corpus,infested,corrupted

a new one sum total makes 6

I'm not wrong about anything. The Corrupted are a faction, "rehashes" or not. Perhaps you should study the lore of Warframe.

Thanks for hijacking the thread with your argument :P

Oh and just for the record if you go with the "factions" that are mentioned on the Official Warframe website there are 3 , Tenno, Grineer and Corpus.

Also there are no mention of anything being a faction in the game.

Also the corrupted are under the Orokin tab of the codex, so if they are a faction they are not there own faction but part of the Orokin "faction" itself.

nope,tenno arent orokin (atleast not anymore) since we killed them

the corrupted are orokin proxys due to the neural sentry,that counts as a faction,names interchangeable

the infested are a faction due to well,being zombies,having bosses

also,the flimsy warframe.com guide doesnt talk about 90% of the stuff ingame,so using that as a sticking point is a bad choice at best

Firstly nowhere did I say that the Tenno were Orokin so I dont know why you even mentioned that.

Secondly it is only your opinion that the corrupted are proxies not fact, the facts are that nowhere inside the game are any group of anything called factions.

Also the website is the only official documentation anywhere that uses the word faction and they say there are 3 and that is what I was reiterating.

Thirdly saying that 90% of things in the game are not on the website is a fair(ish) statement but not only is it the website but the game itself that I am using as reference so that argument is a moot point.