Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Some Stricter General Discussion Rules/restrictions?

BlutAdler

It's really really demoralizing to log on to the forums and seeing people complaining over and over about things/changes to the game that are really insignificant. It's one thing if people are submitting feedback and idea for change in concise and structured ways, its another logging on to see whats new and seeing 5+ threads about a really small "issue" that people are blowing out of proportion and going crazy about.

I mean really demoralizing. It's leaving a bad taste in my mouth for this game's community. 

The game is great and constantly evolving. The staff at Digital Extremes works their butts off to generate a unique and different experience and even accepts feedback from the player-base to generate content. WHAT is going on right now in the forums?

People quitting over key changes and events? Can we cut these people off somehow and leave the forums for people who actually want to contribute to the game? Interesting and fun topics regarding aspects of the game and not toxic threads about why you didn't get something your way and why you think it should change to accommodate you and your imaginary statistic of the player base who you believe agrees with you?

The forums are meant to be an open place for people to voice their mind. The only limitations are the forum's rules, as a moderator will probably remind you in this thread eventually. If you think a post or thread is in violation of the rules, report it. If not, then you are free to argue about it or ignore it.

First forums rules, then freedom of speech. No "content police", please.

But the amount of tears and salt...

On a serious note, you can just ignore them. If that's their own way of letting DE know that they don't agree with the recent changes then so be it as long as they don't break any of the forum rules.

Edited by Uzpian

It's really really demoralizing to log on to the forums and seeing people complaining over and over about things/changes to the game that are really insignificant. It's one thing if people are submitting feedback and idea for change in concise and structured ways, its another logging on to see whats new and seeing 5+ threads about a really small "issue" that people are blowing out of proportion and going crazy about.

I mean really demoralizing. It's leaving a bad taste in my mouth for this game's community. 

The game is great and constantly evolving. The staff at Digital Extremes works their butts off to generate a unique and different experience and even accepts feedback from the player-base to generate content. WHAT is going on right now in the forums?

People quitting over key changes and events? Can we cut these people off somehow and leave the forums for people who actually want to contribute to the game? Interesting and fun topics regarding aspects of the game and not toxic threads about why you didn't get something your way and why you think it should change to accommodate you and your imaginary statistic of the player base who you believe agrees with you?

The point of those threads is to show displeasure with an aspect of the game.  What you deem a small "issue" isn't so small to others nor should they be "cut off" for voicing their views.

If you have an issue with a thread or post, you can use the Report function or contact a mod directly and ask for assistance.  

Not so much content police, but the general discussion doesn't need to have 5 threads back to back about "Key changes and why YOU should hate DE for it" It's mentally exhausting. Seriously. I came in to see how everyone is liking the new spear and maybe some talk about speculations for new content and the messages and fixes, instead theres 50 million threads about afk timers. 

Seriously? You afked during a boss run so now you don't get a bonus 5k credits so you need to make 5 threads about it? Seriously? come on man. 

Seriously? You afked during a boss run so now you don't get a bonus 5k credits so you need to make 5 threads about it? Seriously? come on man. 

Seriously? You dont want to read threads where people are complaining about changes they dont like so you need to make a complaint thread about it? Serously? come on man.

See how that works?

You hate it right? It annoys you. Now you know how I feel.

Indeed, its very annoying. A drama sub forum should be made for people to complain in. Leave general for actual general topics instead of filling it up with complaint threads.

The forums are meant to be an open place for people to voice their mind. The only limitations are the forum's rules, as a moderator will probably remind you in this thread eventually. If you think a post or thread is in violation of the rules, report it. If not, then you are free to argue about it or ignore it.

First forums rules, then freedom of speech. No "content police", please.

Exactly this. Well said Mokunen.

The community is going to talk about what the community wants to talk about. If you don't like a hot topic or flavor of the month discussion I'm afraid there is just no helping it. It is neither my business nor my interest to play content police and I'm certain the others all feel the same. Asking us Mods to act otherwise would be asking us to abuse our abilities as Mods.

Don't get me wrong, if you'd all prefer I go straight up 3rd Reich up in this I'll totally oblige, but seriously. We all know you don't want that crap.

I'm going to bring this thread to a close. Metacomplaint threads tend to be problematic.