Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update] Charlie Hebdo Hunt: Police Surround Paris Suspects, Double Hostage Crisis

Letter13

Woke up this morning to find a bittersweet news article in my feed.

It's sweet because it means that Justice for the cowardly attack against Charlie Hebdo is near, but bitter because it's a series of events that shouldn't have ever happened in the first place and that they may have taken one (or more*) hostages.

*CNN Reports hostages, BBC mentions only a single hostage

[uPDATE] - A second hostage situation has emerged as the suspected third involved shooter (who had murdered the policewoman near the Charlie Hebdo offices) has been cornered in a kosher supermarket.

This accounts for all 3 suspected shooters. It has become a hostage situation in both locations.

Link to articles: 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30740115

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/09/europe/charlie-hebdo-paris-shooting/index.html

Live Coverage/Updates (Key Points, Key Video, Live Video Coverage):

Edited by Letter13

This can end in two ways:

They get arrested

or

They shoot the captive and themselves before the police get them.

Either way, they'll get what's coming to them, sad to see the hostage being involved. 

Edited by TheErebus

Are there any place in the world free of terrorism? Even in the islamic countries there are terrorist attack on their own people, which i found a bit ironic.

Now I'm a bit interested in those islam religion. I wonder what made them act like this

Not really. Whenever you have anyone willing to die for their beliefs or convictions who is of the mind that anyone who also doesn't share said beliefs deserves to die (this is called radicalism/extremism), bad things are going to happen.

It's not only Muslim extremists that act this way. There are a lot of religious and political extremists of various faiths who commit terrorist acts of a similar nature.

Above all, it's important not to lump in Muslims as a whole with the actions of these extremists. The actions of the few do not represent the whole, and the response from the Muslim community for the acts of these extremists has been condemnation. 

You know...

The sad thing is that the most tolerant people I know are Muslims. (Unless of course you attack them)

Most of the Christians I know are highly aggressive. Loud and obnoxious for the most part, but sure in their 'proper way' to do things. (Unless of course, you practice the WRONG kind of Christianity and then all hell breaks loose Literally.)

The Buddhists I know are very calm, but DEFINE 'We know better than you'. Calm, quiet and totally ambivalent.

The Asatru I know will be sharpening their swords. Enough said.

The Wiccans I know will be turning their backs on everything. It is what they do.

These are simply from MY OWN experiences. My OWN encounters. I KNOW not all are like that.

I am not Muslim. I never will be. But my Muslim friends are sadder and angrier now than I ever will be.

People talk about vengeance? Not my friends. They speak of JUSTICE.

When a man kills his neighbor over an insult, (Which is what this was!) there must be justice done. No more. No less. Treat them as common criminals, for that is ALL they are. No amt6ter of the one launching the attack is a peasant or a king, a beggar or an imman, if they commit a crime, they must be punished.

Do not change for them. Do not give them the SATISFACTION. That is what my Muslim friends say. And they are right.

Edited by Kalenath

OKay, I feel like an idiot when I'm asking this

What is this charlie hebdo...thing?

Charlie Hebdo is a satirical magazine that made fun of prophet muhaamed on two occasions. And in the muslim religion, it is forbidden to draw the visage of any of the prophets or Allah.

What I find so interesting about this, is that there are some 'normal' muslims that occasionally appear on a talkshow in my country. They said they are extremely disappointed in anyone who acts like this in the name of Allah.

You can say and think whatever you like, but it's good to see that not all Muslims are extremist.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

What I find so interesting about this, is that there are some 'normal' muslims that occasionally appear on a talkshow in my country. They said they are extremely disappointed in anyone who acts like this in the name of Allah.

You can say and think whatever you like, but it's good to see that not all Muslims are extremist.

I live in a muslim country (Dubai to be specific) but believe me when I say that it's just for appearances. If you were to do it in a muslim country, you'd either be beaten (This one depends on the country, Dubai just has you arrested) or arrested. 

In any other country, most likely they'd ask you to stop doing what you are doing kindly.

But yes, there are some who condemn these actions wholly.

I live in a muslim country (Dubai to be specific) but believe me when I say that it's just for appearances. If you were to do it in a muslim country, you'd either be beaten (This one depends on the country, Dubai just has you arrested) or arrested. 

In any other country, most likely they'd ask you to stop doing what you are doing kindly.

But yes, there are some who condemn these actions wholly.

The moderates usually outnumber the immoderates.

But it is hard to tell at times.

Now these idiots can go to jail for their crime, some idiots, they should never have attacked anyone for being offended.

EDIT: I removed my other message after thinking about it, sorry if i offended anyone

Edited by Sadroth

Now these idiots can go to jail for their crime.... Now just to make sure that alot of people can understand this: Islam is not a religion of peace it is a very hypocritical religion but before i fly away here

BUT JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET THE WRONG IDEA!

I am not racist, i dont care what you believe in, just don't force your beliefs onto others. When you kill because you are offended, you are just a duchebag! 

Lets NOT start a religious debate here. And not ONLY because it violates the EULA and TOS.

We could debate all day and never get anywhere.

What happened was bad and wrong and the perpetrators must be punished.

Edited by Kalenath

Actually why are there terrorism in the first place?

Terrorism is used to strike fear into people who you oppose for political reasons or religious reasons.

In terms of religion, it is when they insult something that they hold very dear in your hearts, and because they hold the rules and documents in their hearts very strongly, they will react strongly to anything that opposes them. 

I hope they catch them without anyone else coming to harm.

As for the supposed reasons these guys had for doing what they did, complete nonsense. If your religion tells you not to depict the Prophet, then you shouldn't depict the Prophet. Why should you care if someone else does it?

Actually why are there terrorism in the first place?

Because people who have deep seated anger issues (real or imagined) have decide that THAT is the way to create change. By killing people until the change happens.

Terrorism is used to strike fear into people who you oppose for political reasons or religious reasons.

In terms of religion, it is when they insult something that they hold very dear in your hearts, and because they hold the rules and documents in their hearts very strongly, they will react strongly to anything that opposes them. 

Pretty much.

Sad really. So many people with so much interest in interpreting things the way they want. And no, the Muslims DO NOT have a monopoly on that. Not even CLOSE.

The Christian fundamentalists scare me  A LOT more. Then again, they still burn the houses of suspected witches in North Carolina and Virginia.

And they get away with it.

Back on topic. My prayers go out to the families affected. May justice be swift and uncompromising.

Edited by Kalenath

Come to think of it, we tenno's are a bit like terrorist.

Reasons unstated, i could think of a 100 reasons.

You could technically say we are the upholders of justice and we are doing good to the universe. But who's there to say what's right or wrong, what is justice and what's not? It is more or less the same with the terrorist issue. Those fanatics think they are doing the right things and they kept on doing it without listening to the others. We tenno's never listen to what our corpus and grineers victims think.

You could technically say we are the upholders of justice and we are doing good to the universe. But who's there to say what's right or wrong, what is justice and what's not? It is more or less the same with the terrorist issue. Those fanatics think they are doing the right things and they kept on doing it without listening to the others. We tenno's never listen to what our corpus and grineers victims think.

Indeed. It does make you think, doesn't it?

Then again, Tenno do not attack Corpus or Grineer civilians. They are not seeking to foment POLITICAL change in the name of religion.

They just want to destroy their enemies. A FAR simpler world than the one we live in.

Edited by Kalenath

Grineer want to destroy all life that isn't a Grineer.

Corpus are driven only by greed, that alone is not good.

And infested...well you know what they do.

We're pretty much doing the Sol system a favor.

Well but probably it is just the grineer GOVERNMENT wants to eradicate all life that is not grineer.

And the corpus GOVERNMENT that is driven by greed.

And all of the soldiers are just doing their bidding, not out of their own wishes but are out of choices. (We all know the Steel Meridian lady)

AHHHHH... Moral issues give me headaches, i hate this. I much rather be a mindless husk killing what lotus tell me to kill. And appease RNGesus for good loot.

AHHHHH... Moral issues give me headaches, i hate this. I much rather be a mindless husk killing what lotus tell me to kill. And appease RNGesus for good loot.

We play games to get AWAY from real life.

Be at peace. We still have purpose. RNGesus will be appeased. The Lotus will guide us.

We will fight. It is what we do.

We are Tenno.

Edited by Kalenath