The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Way To Remove Clan Leaders And Old Warlords That Quit The Game.

geninrising

Currently my clan is stuck with like 2 Warlords and our clan founder being gone from the game for over 1 year.

It would be nice if there was a way to remove them to free up the space.

I don't care if it's a report function to have them removed by DE directly but something needs to be done for our players that continue to support DE and play Warframe.

The reason I suggest implementation of this would be to alleviate supports general backlog of all the tickets they have constantly.

I could see this like the clan emblems where any issues could be resolved at the next update or such but sincerely we need some resolution for this due to the players quitting game consistently.

We have already put in a massive mount of materials and time in order to keep our dojo consistently updated and it seems a shame that we are stuck with positions inactive and cannot do anything about ti despite being Warlords ourselves.

Edited by geninrising

agree that will help a lot but it need a good system let say day basce like not online for 100 day ( warlord ) he can be kicked by a other warlord when thar is no secend warlord in comand that still play it fall to the next rank in line leader (warlored afk for 150 days ) leader can kick warlored and promod a new warlorde as new clan onwer somting like that for example

Currently my clan is stuck with like 3 Warlords and our clan founder being gone from the game for over 1 year.

It would be nice if there was a way to remove them to free up the space.

They started the clan, and they injected the original resources. It's not YOUR clan, it's THEIR clan. Why on earth should DE let you take over another person clan? Even if DE deleted the account for <reasons> all that would happen would be the clan being disbanded.

DE cannot possible make a logical decision on who to hand someone else "property" to a random person. And what if the Warlord comes back a week later? How is DE going to look?

If it was ps4 you could message the warlord through the playstation network and politely ask them to step down. They wouldn't need to be playng warframe just still using their ps4 to receive the message. Not sure what communication option you pc guys have though?

Presumably DE have players emails though? There may be a way to go through DE to get a message to the warlord, highlighting the problem?

If it was ps4 you could message the warlord through the playstation network and politely ask them to step down. They wouldn't need to be playng warframe just still using their ps4 to receive the message. Not sure what communication option you pc guys have though?

Presumably DE have players emails though? There may be a way to go through DE to get a message to the warlord, highlighting the problem?

Nope, PC does not have any kind of in game communication.  Our best option is to try tracking them down via the forums but even that's not a great choice, if they left the game they probably don't check the forums. : /

I played a game that auto demoted after a set time period, no matter the rank.  A player could be moved to the bottom of the clan/guild/group, etc. but not kicked out.  Maybe DE could put something like that in?

Nope, PC does not have any kind of in game communication.  Our best option is to try tracking them down via the forums but even that's not a great choice, if they left the game they probably don't check the forums. : /

I played a game that auto demoted after a set time period, no matter the rank.  A player could be moved to the bottom of the clan/guild/group, etc. but not kicked out.  Maybe DE could put something like that in?

What game was that? Was it a game where the founder could inject real money into the guild to get it made?

What game was that? Was it a game where the founder could inject real money into the guild to get it made?

It was City of Heroes/Villains, I honestly don't remember if real money could be a factor or not.

I get your point, my point was that it's an option that doesn't completely boot the founder nor does it gimp an entire clan.  If the Warlord decided to come back, they'd still be in the clan they built.  

I also said "something like that" not "identical to."  DE could make it so after a set amount of time the Warlord get pushed into some kind of side rank.  They'd be able to return at any time and resume normal Warlord status but in the meantime, the system could promote a Regent or something, with all the same privileges. 

It was City of Heroes/Villains, I honestly don't remember if real money could be a factor or not.

I get your point, my point was that it's an option that doesn't completely boot the founder nor does it gimp an entire clan.  If the Warlord decided to come back, they'd still be in the clan they built.  

I also said "something like that" not "identical to."  DE could make it so after a set amount of time the Warlord get pushed into some kind of side rank.  They'd be able to return at any time and resume normal Warlord status but in the meantime, the system could promote a Regent or something, with all the same privileges. 

The point here though is that wont the "new" Warlord be able to totally take down the entire Dojo if they choose? They could kick everyone who is non-Warlord out, and delete the Clan completely, unless of course DE also puts other restrictions in place, and if the do, what power will DE actually give the "new" Warlord anyway?

What do the people that want to takeover actually want to do after they actually take over?

look i am a warlord of my clan and i cant kick 2 warlords that never play again cant find tham anymore or masage tham and yes i am THE OG (founder) of the clan and what about when the original warlord get demoded but get set in a protected zone that WHEN he come beck he can intantly take over again but witout the us of a clan member slot ( only after he is afk for so long ) so other memeber that like to KEEP the clan and DONT whant to go new clan becous thay like the clan thay ar in but just is unrulled becous no warlord playing anymore is sad to loss the clan even when thay ar not the original clan owners even the new warlord can have a protection for example he cant delete the original clan but can add new stuff to it but not remove the original clan for when he taked over

Warlords should have to step down voluntarily, you shouldn't be able to just remove them without their consent, the Clan Founder especially, as without them the clan wouldn't have existed in the first place. If you can contact them outside the game, if you know them, you could ask them to politely step down, but there's really no good reason you should be able to forcefully remove warlords without their knowledge. 

but what when he did not do step dawn he is just using a player slot for a actif member that like to joine what when you cant contact tham what when you ar the original owner of the clan and like to demote one of you warlords hat is offline for so long to a lower rank yes i made the clan i am the founder of it so why cant i demote him to a lower rank it make no sence we founder need a option to demote warlorde that whar put thar to help you out not to take a imunity for not geting dropt out or geting a lower rank maybe the other warlored ( the not founder one ) do not need to have the rank anymore becous he did some bad stuff to clan member for example or he just never play again he whas not the founder of the clan to start with so atleast let the original founder kick him or demote him 

Support. The Clan I am in had a similar issue. Our founding Warlord had not played in over a year, so the current Warlord sent in a support ticket. The old warlord is now at the bottom of the barrel (we felt bad to kick him). Just have good reasoning and you should be fine (and not playing for a year worked for us).

but what when he did not do step dawn he is just using a player slot for a actif member that like to joine what when you cant contact tham what when you ar the original owner of the clan and like to demote one of you warlords hat is offline for so long to a lower rank yes i made the clan i am the founder of it so why cant i demote him to a lower rank it make no sence we founder need a option to demote warlorde that whar put thar to help you out not to take a imunity for not geting dropt out or geting a lower rank maybe the other warlored ( the not founder one ) do not need to have the rank anymore becous he did some bad stuff to clan member for example or he just never play again he whas not the founder of the clan to start with so atleast let the original founder kick him or demote him 

If you are the Founding Warlord, maybe, as you are the one who put them into that position of power so it's somewhat reasonable. As for a promoted Warlord (someone who was recruited and promoted by the Founding Warlord), they should not be given the ability to kick the clan founder and just take over the clan. If you put in your time and resources towards your "property", would you want someone taking your ownership away from you? 

no you get me rong loo, me and a friend run the clan and he promoded him by exisdednt to warlord and now we cant demode him anymore  becous of a mistake and i think the founder warlord  need that extra safty to demode a warlode to a lower rank to prevent stuff like this you get my point now 

I'm sure the guy would be happy with just having someone Promoted to use the clan. I have the same situation on PS4. Our warlord not only quit warframe he quit PS4 all together. Literally no way to contact him. Myself and like 17 others have invested just as much as he has. But since he was only one ranked warlord our clan is literally stuck only point it has now is a trading booth because we can't do rails/allainces or anything now.

I understand about not kicking someone that built it. I think there should be a way to get someone else the same rank to run the clan BUT make the founder "Unkickable".

i disagree but i am the founder so i need to be abel to remove somone from warlored rank even when i DID not make him warlode myself and i dont get the point on why somone wont take over a clan when the warlord is offline for like 1 year ( not in my clans case ) when he is not online for a year hje will probely never come back but like some say he need to get a way to get lower rank but with a function to not kick him so he is safe for when he is back or when he is back so other can run the clan when he is away  i wont mind it in my clan 

Im with Dspite on this one

If the guy founded the guild and upped others to warlord he should stay

You might be better off restarting in this case

The only thing I can agree to with Varto is that DE states in a couple of places that "inactive accounts for over a year can be deleted". This implies that by just removing the inactive Warlord is well within DE's power, as they could have just deleted the account anyway, and the owner ticked off on the UALA that inactive accounts for that long CAN be killed.

If it has been over a year that some people have been on, removing Warlord Status does not seem THAT much of an overstep.

The point is folks said clan founder PUT me in charge of the thing and LEFT the game PERMANENTLY(gone for well over a year now).

As for the "real world money" only I contributed to that so to that effect the dojo would be MINE. He is Warframes equivalent of a deadbeat dad.

Gave us a name and walked away. I and those I promoted did ALL of the work involved in the dojo and WE are the ones that still play and therefore should be the only ones with ANY consideration on the matter.

I do not like what I have read in this thread, DE passing someone elses creation to other players simply because they were unable to play for a year.

Clearly there is need here for a change, given (from what has been posted here) that support can and do remove people from control of their own clans then I  suggest a more reasonable approach without the distasteful idea of DE assisting in theft. 

In the event that any clan member leaves a clan then whatever resources they put into the clan are returned to them, any research or items they funded would be returned to a level minus the departed members input. This would remove the need for support to get involved and also remove the idea that clan founders can use other players to pay for all research and then kick them out.

An additional advantage to this approach would be that there would be a database of exactly what each clan member had added to the clan and this could be shown in the trophy room adding value and recognising those players who want to see their clan grow.

I have my own clan and have been thinking of breaking it down simply because everyone else has already left, I would not like to think that I end up with someone elses plat or resources simply because they trusted and wanted to be with me. 

I do not think it is right that resources that may have come directly from money should go to anyone other than the person who donated them, that would be just one more abuse of the people who fund this game. 

There are valid reasons why people are unable to play for extended period even over a year and for them to return to find that all they built has been stolen would be a disgrace.

If the other clan members want their investment back then fine but taking something that doesn't belong to you is called theft.

Edited by LeMoog

The point is folks said clan founder PUT me in charge of the thing and LEFT the game PERMANENTLY(gone for well over a year now).

As for the "real world money" only I contributed to that so to that effect the dojo would be MINE. He is Warframes equivalent of a deadbeat dad.

Gave us a name and walked away. I and those I promoted did ALL of the work involved in the dojo and WE are the ones that still play and therefore should be the only ones with ANY consideration on the matter.

The point? What point? Your word that this is true?

You don't OWN it. If DE does something to help you, then lucky you. I don't really care how much you think you are entitled to something that is NOT directly yours, it is still NOT yours.

If you cannot even get in contact with the guy then you are not exactly "friends" are you. In the first small clan I joined and helped I did basically what you did, and also asked for Warlord status as he started to get on less and less, and I have his Steam name and also email address, just in case something like this was to happen.

You are directly asking DE to hand other people virtual assets to you for no reason other then your say so.