Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Lock After Prime Acces.

TeaBegging

I think the game isn't been played as it should be.
Alot off players are just buying top tier weapons and not trying out new ones. 
I noticed this when I was selling boltor prime sets. People that just reached MR-2 Wanted to buy this set already. 
What are you guys thinking off this.

Feel free to discuss. 

i think trading needs to be reworked. like yea at MR 2 you can trade but i think certain things should be MR locked to a higher rank. like to trade certain mods: MR 3-4, to trade prime parts: 4-5, to trade for special weapons, MR 5-6. who in their right minds think a person is progressing correctly when at MR 2 they have a boltor/soma prime and synoid gammacore

Hey. If they wanna put their money into the game, I don't think DE will mind. And if you're getting extra plat so a newb can get a good gun without the proper mods, then why should you care? xD

Well the reason why I care is that players should explore the game and not be a top tier dps freaks.

When I first started I played with Loki (when he was avaible as a starting frame). I played with Loki for 2 months I enjoyed the game so much that I went out learning how to proper mod frames. After that I decided to go on discovering weapons and their potentials. Yes thats how it should be played.

Getting the most out off your frames and weapons. And not as a newcomer buying top tier dps weapons and be bored after a week.

Well the reason why I care is that players should explore the game and not be a top tier dps freaks.

When I first started I played with Loki (when he was avaible as a starting frame). I played with Loki for 2 months I enjoyed the game so much that I went out learning how to proper mod frames. After that I decided to go on discovering weapons and their potentials. Yes thats how it should be played.

Getting the most out off your frames and weapons. And not as a newcomer buying top tier dps weapons and be bored after a week.

Trust me. I'm in the same boat as you. U.8 and started as an Excali. Same story as you, also. Worked my way to top tier weaps. Farming for Soma Prime parts right now as we speak (T4 Int). 

It might help if people stop suggesting boltor prime whenever a new player asks for what a good weapon is to get.  Instead the answer should be "anything you want", since that is the actual honest answer to that question.

The most hilarious part is how overkill those weapon are, only marginally more useful than the majority of the weapons in the game for severely long bad-for-your-health endless missions that go on for hours, and yet nobody ever brings a banshee along for when they are trying to accomplish that goal.  If they did, they'd realize that we're back at square one, bring any weapon you want.

Edited by SleepingSentry

What I like the most? MR2 player with Boltor Prime and Rhino Prime saying that game is too easy and boring... New players should try out many weapons, not just playing with the "best" ones, this game is about trying new weapons/frames imo. Making prime parts tradeable destroyed the border between new players and older players. I remember when the first Prime gear was introduced (not the Founder one), having Latron, Reaper and Frost Prime was a thing, now its worth nothing

Edited by markus230

i like how the op is telling people how a GAME should be played...this is for fun ...everyones idea of fun is different

i really dont enjoy most of the weapons in the game ..yet i am forced to use them if i want mastery ranks for loadouts,syn rep

your newbies players with top tier weapons ..they have to do the exact same thing..why not let them have fun useing weapons they like before they have to grind out a bunch of stuff they dont like

your presumption that once they get a weapon they arent going to try other weapons is false since they pretty much have to if they want to progress in the game ...you also seem to imply that the only reason to play the game is to get these top weapons and once they have them theres no more reason to play ...another false assumption ..since its the gameplay along with gear customization and fun that keeps people playing

No what Im saying is that newcoming players shouldn't seek out for the best gun in the game. This game has a huge arsenal and it keeps growing. Players that join the game and instantly get those OP guns aren't really expierincing what the game has to offer.  If they really want to have fun they should invest in the arsenal and spend some time expirementing with guns. There are loads off FUN guns in this game and they are being overshadowed by the boltor prime and other top tier weapons. I wouldn't enjoy this game more if I didnt spend time exploring those awesome guns that DE has put their hard work into.

If they really want to have fun they should invest in the arsenal and spend some time expirementing with guns. There are loads off FUN guns in this game and they are being overshadowed by the boltor prime and other top tier weapons.

What if those people actually have fun using boltor prime and top tier weapons? Your fun does not equal everybody elses definition of fun. Besides if they end up liking the game they are quite likely to start expanding their arsenal at a later stage.

Isn't there a mastery lock for Prime weapons? I gave my friend Dakra Prime parts, but it's mastery locked at MR 6 and he couldn't build it.

Also, if DE put Mastery Lock after Prime Access, it'd just create an outrage from people saying DE doing that to get more people to buy PA.

What if those people actually have fun using boltor prime and top tier weapons? Your fun does not equal everybody elses definition of fun. Besides if they end up liking the game they are quite likely to start expanding their arsenal at a later stage.

I don't mind them if they have fun using boltor prime and top tier weapons. What I do mind is that if you are just coming fresh into the game that you are motivated to get only to Mastery rank 2 and getting boltor prime. So if it did had a higher mastery rank players would have a goal to work on. I Definitly disagree to see players at an early stage having the highest top tier damage weapons.