Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow I Really Dislike Nova.

Inmemoratus

Meh. I found/find her four to be annoying pre/post-nerf.

If they made it so the one who triggered the explosions got credit on the weapon they used to initiate the chain explosions with for all the enemies killed in said explosions so people could complete their "kill X amount of enemies with Y" then I would not mind people spamming her four.

Losing ten thousand bonus Affinity to someone spamming their fourth ability that you cannot do anything about is... annoying to say the least.

I was going to make a thread asking why people do that build that slows enemies almost to a halt and then I looked up the details on MP and I guess that's what happens if you use power strength on her.

Well, I don't understand why people want Nova on defense missions because the extreme slow causes each wave to take much longer. If you want to CC enemies I know several frames who do it without making each wave take forever.

you must play the frame to judge the frame. learn what it can actually do before making a judgment.

I will never understand why people want a fast Nova and it's always the same excuse, "it makes the mission so much longer". The point is not to get killed and to protect the pod. Yes you can bring other Warframes, but the point is we are talking about Nova. The simple rule with Nova is gun wielding enemies you bring slow Nova, Infested, unless you have a Vauban on the team, slow Nova. Remember you want the pod to survive or else it's all for nothing.

I was going to make a thread asking why people do that build that slows enemies almost to a halt and then I looked up the details on MP and I guess that's what happens if you use power strength on her.

Well, I don't understand why people want Nova on defense missions because the extreme slow causes each wave to take much longer. If you want to CC enemies I know several frames who do it without making each wave take forever.

Slow novas are for late game in defense. If I ever host a defense mission and bring a nova I tell them not to cast M Prime until after wave 15-20 depending on how the pug is going. They usually listen... usually.

and i use AKZanis with nova to spray the enemies after using MP.

BTW if any one knows any power efficiency mods other than streamline please let me know. Thanks. 

Do yourself a favor and get any of the syndicate weapons (not ballistica though).  The aoe blast from those going off in the middle of an MPrimed crowd is just awesome.

The other efficiency mod is Fleeting Expertise.  It is corrupted so you find it in ODE vault runs and a lot of Nova's don't use it because of the -duration side of it.  I do though.

OP, the problem you describe isn't from Nova or MPrime.  Its an issue of bad players with bad Nova builds.  Max duration should be avoided - you want to cover a reasonable area around the objective *not* the entire map. 

A rank 5 overextended makes enemies go a lot faster, a rank 2 overextended makes the wave not affect enemy speed at all

depends on the build

Correct, to give more information:

Molecular Prime behaves as though it has a base power strength of 30%, with mods stacking additively.

Slowing can be forced down to -30%, that is a 30% increase in speed, by use of a max rank Overextended.

By extension, Overextended at R2 gives -30% PS, neutralizing the speed debuff.

MP has a maximum slowing limit of 75%, which is achieved at +45% power strength.

This can be achieved by a single Blind Rage or Transient Fortitude, but a decent 60% slow can be gained from just Intensify.

MP provides a flat 2.0x damage multiplier regardless of PS.

Explosion damage is tied to PS, but I personally don't care too much about that, other than popping the occasional drone or causing chains from clusters of Maggots or the such.

Edited by Kthal

2x damage on everything is touches, and you can slow them down or speed them up. The explosions are also pretty. 

Nova is one of my favorite things. 

People complaining about slower enemies are just lazy. You have a gun, go walk over to the glowing enemies who can't fight back and shoot them instead of standing around waiting for them to walk into Bastille (so they can stop moving and you can shoot them). I get it's a defense map and you don't think anything should be challenging, but have an ounce of initiative if your CC lockdown spam fest. 

Good luck with looking for mobs in Void or any other defense mission with large map. And i woulds say that people who need Nova in their missions for damage increase dont know what they are doing.

2 Saryns, 1 Banshee with Sonar aug and something else and you can kill everything with ease. 150 000 damage crits on Misama dont need any MP buff.

Also, a bit on topic about slowpoke Novas. Its one of the most annoying powers to have around. I was called a NOOB by people who are farming xp and reputation for using speedy Nova on Kiste. Because less mobs=more xp and reputation in their eyes. While there is 1 000 reputation difference between slowpoke and speedy Nova on Kiste.

You will probably like that slow build when you hit 40+ waves on T4D

do u really play 40 waves with random players? on europe i even have to play frost all the time. most frosts wiped our group at wave 10-15! waves after 20 are only possible with friends or clan/alliance here..

i bet you play to much on north america east or similar. where players are 2-3 times  more skilled

would you like to run a t4 void with me .I will show why slow Nova  is great when a heard of lv100  baddy's come storming at you 

Edited by SlapClown

Meh. I found/find her four to be annoying pre/post-nerf.

If they made it so the one who triggered the explosions got credit on the weapon they used to initiate the chain explosions with for all the enemies killed in said explosions so people could complete their "kill X amount of enemies with Y" then I would not mind people spamming her four.

Losing ten thousand bonus Affinity to someone spamming their fourth ability that you cannot do anything about is... annoying to say the least.

But that is how it currently works. Maybe someone is starting the chain and you aren't realizing it? Your sentinel, perhaps?