The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Movement Stopping When Picking Up Cores And Medallions

Z0simus

Just had this happen to me when picking up a bountiful seed literally 10 ft from extraction while playing solo...

I was sitting there going "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" staring at the seed then at extraction and let out a sigh.

Then from out of nowhere an arson eximus hops on up the ledge and knocks me over. Apparently knock-backs break you out of the bug.

I got my seeds, completed my last syndicate mission an didn't have to die and revive just to get to extraction c:

Okay, my blood pressure is at strained balloon point because I just ran the same syndicate exterminate mission for the Red Veil 3 times. Nuovo on Ceres, for clarification.

Each time, I get most of the way through the mission (sometimes by the skin of my teeth because the game decided that 20 of the 105 enemies to kill should be bombards) and I get most of the medallions.

Often I get to the second to last one, and instead of picking it up, I just stand in place with my melee weapon in hand in the standard stance, and can't do anything but walk in place as if on a treadmill.

I can't really run, I can't swap weapons, I can't jump, I can't use abilities. ALL I can do is run in place till I scream in frustration and choose the Abort Mission option, no matter how much good stuff I get in the mission.

I suppose that I could do it with a friend and have them go to the exit and wait for me, but with the new AFK punishment system, I worry I won't get my syndicate affinity.

It's a known bug. DE knows and is trying to fix it. At least, Megan responded to a bigger thread about the issue.

Basically, don't roll or move fast anywhere near the medallions. Try to come to a full stop before picking them up. And just don't drop onto them from above. That's asking for trouble. I've experienced that firsthand.

The bug is not related to medallions directly, it's related to picking stuff up as a whole (go ask Excavation players about this).

It has been reported multiple times already, but seems like DE is having trouble fixing it or don't know what's causing it.

Edited by Cyborger1

this bug is related to movment and pcikup, does it also for the databasses in spy missions. One easy way to avoid this issue is when you go to pick up an item like these is stand still for 1 sec then pick it up

Every time iv had this issue its when i was running press x for quick pickup and keep on m way. then bam im stuck and have to abort

Good luck and i hope this helps

It's a known bug. DE knows and is trying to fix it. At least, Megan responded to a bigger thread about the issue.

Basically, don't roll or move fast anywhere near the medallions. Try to come to a full stop before picking them up. And just don't drop onto them from above. That's asking for trouble. I've experienced that firsthand.

Thanks for the advice. Hope they figured it out, I just think it got worse in this last patch cuz it's only happened to me once or twice before, now it's happening near constantly

I have encountered this but a few times and most recently last night. I was doing an Excavation on Phobos. i was using my Loki prime and since it was just myself i typically kill an enemy that drops a power core and grab it fast so i can defend the extractor, well i was running and maybe even sliding and you can press X to pic up cores as you slide and when i stood up after the animation i could not move, use abilities or even shoot. This has also happened when picking up medallions as well in the past for me. it is not every time but when it does happen the only thing one can do is abort the mission if your solo otherwise you need to wait for players to finish the map or die and not be revived by anyone. but i cannot recall if reviving by yourself fixes the issue or not. I did not try last night and it would be a waste of a life to do so anyway. I will try to see if i can recreate this but and then make a video ha can be linked. Though i am pretty sure other players have encountered this bug.