The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Community Moderators

[DE]Rebecca

I will step forward right here and say that Thor has been nothing but professional and amicable in the time I have interacted with him. So, if you have a hard time trusting him, take my word for it, he's a good guy.

Hate you for this... But ok. :)

The fact that Ced is in the process of being set up as a mod and my excitement at working with him notwithstanding, Mr.Mango's point is a good one. I've personally got several years of experience administrating the forums for another fairly large game, and I'm confident that the other moderators were selected for their merits as well.

Generally, I have a history of moderating myself, such as a large Northern American Paintball community with 35,000 members, and other forums, too. That's the biggest one, though.

Heh, I used to be a moderator on xbox.com. So with that experience I know the pressures that will be upon your shoulders and the many man tears that are awaiting you.

With that, I bid you all good luck! :p

That's definitely a valid point, and I can empathize with the people who are concerned. I'd just like to make it clear that we were selected because Rebecca believed we have the experience and competence to do a good job, and hope that you guys are willing to give us a chance on those grounds.

I see it that way: You havent done anything wrong by now. So I dont see why the moderators shouldnt get the chance to prove them ^^

And I dont think this got anything to do with how much posts/time you already have. People arent less capable of being a good moderators just because they dont have thousands of posts. Same goes the other way. Just because I have 2000 posts wouldnt make me a good moderator :D

I think moderators will bring a fresh wind into the forums and Becca will be relieved a bit :3

So good luck to all the mods =)

Edited by Venarge

Thor... The problem is we don't know you. You are an unknown person to probably 99% of the community. You talk about your experiences of Moderation.

You literally ask for Trust from the community. There are some very Respected and Well Known members, who've been active and helpful towards every1.

Trust is something you need to earn. Not something that's granted because you become a Community Mod as an unknown member of the Forums.

Then don't trust him, that's up to you personally.

As far as the powers vested in him as a community moderator, to be blunt, I am happier having someone with some neutral administration experience that was sufficient to impress DE that he has the professional skills required rather than win a popularity contest or operate under the need for gaining community 'approval' to neutrally enforce the rules of debate.

Simple rules like complaining or questioning moderation decisions is not acceptable or appropriate in most forums, including I believe Warframes, but I'd have to look that up.

I upvoted you despite your downvote. I have enough love to go around.

i didn't downvoted you -_- actually i made you go back to 0 :P

All my love is yours. :)

Edited by Sikab

I see it that way: You havent done anything wrong by now. So I dont see why the moderators shouldnt get the chance to prove them ^^

And I dont think this got anything to do with how much posts/time you already have. People arent less capable of being a good moderator just because they dont have thousands of posts. Same goes the other way. Just because I have 2000 posts wouldnt make me a good moderator :D

I think moderators will bring a fresh wind into the forums and Becca will be relieved a bit :3

So good luck to all the mods =)

This. +1

I'm FatalX7, though. In the end, I get bored and stop giving half a crap.

Have fun moderating.

heart.gif

Some1 who knows K-On and even has a Gif of my favorite heroine... Love you too :)

@Sikab I don't understand the reasoning for not liking the mod picks. More than just likeability, length of time on forums, and post count are needed to be forum moderators.

Also I made everyone in the thread a 0 cause 0.

I got a warning once because i said something bad about cats...... i cant imagine what this will turn into.

Discussion of cats now strictly forbidden. Discussion of ducks now mandatory.

Discussion of cats now strictly forbidden. Discussion of ducks now mandatory.

[Warframe Concept] Mighty Ducks.

Ability 1 carry hockey stick

Ability 2 conjure hockey puck

Ability 3 tackle other players

Ability 4 shoot and miss

I'd rather put them on a grill and roast them.

Interesting Decisions. And can't say I agree with them. I would have thought we would see ppl like Ced23Ric whos active, an old member of the community and probably one of the most known Forumer. Not some random who joined 1 month ago the game, whom most of the forum don't know or respect.

Again, bad decisions.

From most other online games i have participated in, community moderators are watched closely by the actual paid community team. So it's not really our place to question their decisions about whom they pick. If one of them does something you think it's unfair, just open a support ticket.

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that publicly discussing moderator actions is a big NO-NO in most places

From most other online games i have participated in, community moderators are watched closely by the actual paid community team. So it's not really our place to question their decisions about whom they pick. If one of them does something you think it's unfair, just open a support ticket.

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that publicly discussing moderator actions is a big NO-NO in most places

Well, it's less of a no-no if both keep it civil. Though I understand that it would be too much to ask.

Well, it's less of a no-no if both keep it civil. Though I understand that it would be too much to ask.

Hehe, trust me.. from experience, discussing moderator actions, no matter how civil it starts.. it evolves into a flame-war 95% of the times. So basically in all big communities:

#1 rule about being "moderated is: "You don't talk about being moderated".

#2 is: "You don't PM the moderators asking why they took action A, B or C."

#3 is: "No shirts, no shoes."

#4... wait... i think i mixed some rules. Let's leave it at that.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo