The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Community Moderators

[DE]Rebecca

Observations: Greeners so far own cats. DERebecca likes cats.

Conclusion: Favouritism. I must acquire a cat.

I do not own a cat. I own a Reptile.

Don't know any of the rest, and using search function couldn't find the Thor, which mean I couldn't see his topics and post;

But glad to see that Blatantfool is been selected.

Edit: Find Thor's profile and topics he has made.

I was surprised I was asked, but honestly I'm fine with it. This is a good way for me to support the game and the community.

682? Remind me not to anger you.

But seriously, congrats. Can't see why you're surprised, though! You're one of the better posters around here.

My cousin takes care of a 372. The most annoying pet imaginable.

And I appreciate the compliment, but honestly I'm not really better then anyone else posting. I just try to be honest with my opinion.

My cousin takes care of a 372. The most annoying pet imaginable.

And I appreciate the compliment, but honestly I'm not really better then anyone else posting. I just try to be honest with my opinion.

How in the world does he keep track of it?

And simply put, I respect your posts because you're honest, but you don't really resort to insults and such, even in heated debates. That kinda thing just stands out a lot more to me after having been on the forums for a while, heh.

Plus you referenced the Blue Lanterns and Doctor Who and apparently caught the vague reference I made (though I can't really tell). Kind of an automatic win.  :P

How in the world does he keep track of it?

And simply put, I respect your posts because you're honest, but you don't really resort to insults and such, even in heated debates. That kinda thing just stands out a lot more to me after having been on the forums for a while, heh.

Plus you referenced the Blue Lanterns and Doctor Who and apparently caught the vague reference I made (though I can't really tell). Kind of an automatic win.  :P

Oh I caught the reference. I'd avoid talking too much more about it though. Hate to get your clearance docked down to D-Class, next thing you know the Administration will have you on mop duty in 173's cell.

Oh I caught the reference. I'd avoid talking too much more about it though. Hate to get your clearance docked down to D-Class, next thing you know the Administration will have you on mop duty in 173's cell.

Damn you're good.

:>

Is there a specific thread where we can put our own input into this (re: upvoting/downvoting)? If not I'll just put my view here (feel free to post this wherever it may be relevant).

Edit: Found a thread, I'll post this there. Thanks.

Edited by Lifeshield

It occurs to me that in Spy missions, the datapads we all hate carrying around very likely just contain terabytes of pictures of cats. It would explain why the Lotus keeps adding that in as a secondary objective.

Just to be clear, guys. The green labelled folks are members of the community just like everyone else. We also have our own opinions that do not have any more weight than anyone else's. We just happen to carry ban-fragors that we will not hesitate to use at the slightest provoc... ahem! that we will use as a last resort when things get out of hand. Our task is to help the community managers like DERebecca and DE_Steve keep the forums non-toxic and friendly enough for everyone in the community. Community includes DEfolks and players. Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. We'll do our best.

Shouldn't this be stickied and put in the news section and highlighted? or at least stickied.

Something like "Welcome the new Community Moderators!"

I think that post should have the names and their duties so that we all know the limits. It's more to set the expectations of the community and to guide the new Mods.

ex: people might pm the community mods for help with a bug, which I do not think they can help with. :D

Shouldn't this be stickied and put in the news section and highlighted? or at least stickied.

Something like "Welcome the new Community Moderators!"

I think that post should have the names and their duties so that we all know the limits. It's more to set the expectations of the community and to guide the new Mods.

ex: people might pm the community mods for help with a bug, which I do not think they can help with. :D

Agreed. As they are community moderators the community should be aware of their "jurisdiction" so to speak. This way if (Though I doubt there would be any) there is any kind of abuse it can be reported accurately instead of someone just getting pissed their post was modded by a Community mod. 

Agreed. As they are community moderators the community should be aware of their "jurisdiction" so to speak. This way if (Though I doubt there would be any) there is any kind of abuse it can be reported accurately instead of someone just getting &!$$ed their post was modded by a Community mod. 

This is a very good point. I agree.

Also, good to remember gents that if one of us takes action on something the rest will always be able to see that, including things like deleted posts.

If you feel like you are being bullied you can bring it to the attention of DERebecca or another of us Comm Mods and it is very likely you'll see a rapid stop to it.

I can't say I know the other guys very well - but I get the feeling they wouldn't let me abuse the tools I've been given and I'm not about to let it slip if I feel they are doing the same. 

Ain't that hard to have me pinned. I'm a creature of habit. I'm willing to bet there are a few posters here who see my name on a thread and can guess what I've said depending on the topic. That is cool though, I just endeavor to stick to my guns the best I can.