Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Ninja Music?

Coverop

After those updates where we got new music, I simply miss this Nostalgic piece of Warframe in my current missions.

I think you can still hear it when you're doing Mastery Test... but this gives so much vibe. More vibes than any new musics.

The Tenno, must remain ninja... not a fashion gun-man killer.

After those updates where we got new music, I simply miss this Nostalgic piece of Warframe in my current missions.

I think you can still hear it when you're doing Mastery Test... but this gives so much vibe. More vibes than any new musics.

The old music was too OP, it was too good.  It had to be nerfed and removed from the game.

The thing is not that the music was "ninja".

It was essentially a traditional rhythmic beat performed on traditional instruments along with overtone singing (very characteristic of asian cultures). The stark contrast with Warframe's sci-fi setting and art style is what made it so good. As much as I love the new tracks, I do agree they removed a bit huge chunk of flavor the game had (except maybe the void ones)

Edited by Artarrwen

Don't know how you can be a founder and not be sick of the "N" word yet.  I guess you haven't been on the forums enough.

Anyway, I would like for all Warframe's original music to be part of the music cycle.  I say treat the new music as Pandora treats the thumbed up tracks, and the old ones as the neutral no-thumb tracks.

That song was golden. Also Ninjas fo lyfe...I love ninjas. I mean even though realistically the Tenno aren't really stealthy barring Loki/Ashmasterrace when you describe this game to anyone(a basic example being) "so you can shoot and melee and do parkour and you have 4 magical powers that change depending on which character/suit you're playing as" after I say shooting, melee and parkour literally every person I've told goes "Oh so you're a ninja". 

Regardless of wether tenno ARE ninja or not, you can't deny their asian inspiration.

IE The lotus, 'tenno must guard the balance' discipline, meditation, dojos, even the deco you can place IN the dojo...

So yeah, maybe not ninja but definitely an asian martial artist theme there. That they should bring back :c

Edited by Hyenasaurus

I think a lot of the music was replaced due to the dynamic music system being put in place. Some of this music can randomly be heard during the game startup. Maybe they will find other ways to implement the old music.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

I find the old music very repetitive, it becomes bland very very very quickly : especially the track you linked. It's a good thing these old tracks now only see a limited use.

By the way, the track your linked is also used in the dojo when challenging an other player, when doing the obstacle course as well as in Orokin void missions when running for the Vaults.

The current music isn't any less "ninja" than before : the ambience, the instrumentation, and the huge emphasis on rhythmic percussion is definitely still here. Just listen to the music on Grineer stages. DE just brought the concept into a modern composition, with both traditional instruments and modern ones. The Tenno aren't your typical XVII th century ninjas anymore.

There are still plenty of times where you can only hear traditional percussions, and the sudden lowering or disappearance of all the other modern instruments for a few seconds makes them stand out even more, here are some examples :

Orokin void combat soundtrack : 

starting at 2:10

Orokin derelict combat soundtrack :

starting at 1:50