Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've Seen Easy-Bake Ovens With More Firepower Than The Panthera.

XxCurtennoxX

Easy-Bake ovens have probably killed more people, too. Literally, this thing needs a buff. Even after the buff to its secondary it feels really lackluster. And no, i haven't spent a catalyst on it, as it doesn't seem remotely worth it! What's with the 5 ammo per shot, and the very low fire-rate? The Miter was pretty bad, but even this is a direct downgrade to the Miter. The fire-rate of the primary fire doesn't really justify the damage that it does!

DON'T LET THE TOY OVENS TAKE OVER!

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

I hardly ever even do void missions. But no one is going to use a weapon if it's worse than an already bad weapon!

Treat is like MR fodder.  Like Agilaskas said, not every weapon will fall into the "Pwnz da Void" catagory, and that's okay. 

Looking at it's stats on the wiki; http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Panthera it looks like an infested and Grineer focused weapon. 

It's not like every other weapon that gets released is supposed to be late-game void capable.

Use it if you want to. Don't use it if you dislike it.

There's a point that not every weapon needs to be endgame viable, but some weapons are so terrible that they feel lackluster even during starchart missions.

As for Panthera, for a weapon that has such high build requirements it should be much better than what it currently is.

There's a point that not every weapon needs to be endgame viable, but some weapons are so terrible that they feel lackluster even during starchart missions.

As for Panthera, for a weapon that has such high build requirements it should be much better than what it currently is.

This is what i was also thinking about. Also, the concept of the weapon itself is very interesting! Having both a ranged and melee-range fire mode are both very cool, it's just a shame no one will be using it.

It's not like every other weapon that gets released is supposed to be late-game void capable.

Except that you have to have two free weapon slots, buy and build a hikou, farm and build a miter, just to use this thing.

I'm all for weapons being constructed with other weapons, but so far, the only ones released haven't been worth the time and required space in your inventory. The Tipedo, the Tiberon, and now the Panthera, have all been extremely midgame, which I can understand, since as they're constructed with early-game and mid-game weapons.

It's just a major bummer to go and rebuild these weapons, sometimes needing to buy additional weapon slots, for something that's really not worth the time. We can't even tell if it's worth the time due to no testing area, and the Panthera didn't even get a promo video to show what it did.

Except that you have to have two free weapon slots, buy and build a hikou, farm and build a miter, just to use this thing.

I'm all for weapons being constructed with other weapons, but so far, the only ones released haven't been worth the time and required space in your inventory. The Tipedo, the Tiberon, and now the Panthera, have all been extremely midgame, which I can understand, since as they're constructed with early-game and mid-game weapons.

It's just a major bummer to go and rebuild these weapons, sometimes needing to buy additional weapon slots, for something that's really not worth the time. We can't even tell if it's worth the time due to no testing area, and the Panthera didn't even get a promo video to show what it did.

The Tipedo is actually a very good weapon due to its speed and therefore making the weapon crit a lot

Don't go out of your way to explain away bad weapons that should obviously be better.

The problem here is that you require a Miter to build it and that this Miter is directly superior to the final product. If a weapon is built from another weapon, it ought to be better than the components - you're supposedly adding on to it.

Edited by Seanjuju

something that requires a miter and hikou which are both decently capable of doing end game level damage, even if its not to its highest of calibers. 

You're right.

The one beef I have with it is that I burned my Miter on it.  Now granted, the Miter wasn't great, and I didn't use it often.  But if I ever get in the mood to go use some steaming hunk of crap.....well, I want my Miter back instead of this garbage pile, the results where better and it had personality:P

I do think that if we're going to go the route of combining old weapons to make new that we, as players, should be able to reasonably expect an upgrade.  It makes no sense at all to create mastery fodder from weapons you've got on hand, but it makes a ton of sense to think you're combining two weapons to make a single better one.  It may not have to be Boltor Prime level, but given a multi-boss farm plus a Hikou, I do think it's reasonable to expect it to outperform at least one of those weapons(frankly the Hikou is better than the Miter and Panthera combined).

You're right.

The one beef I have with it is that I burned my Miter on it.  Now granted, the Miter wasn't great, and I didn't use it often.  But if I ever get in the mood to go use some steaming hunk of crap.....well, I want my Miter back instead of this garbage pile, the results where better and it had personality:P

I do think that if we're going to go the route of combining old weapons to make new that we, as players, should be able to reasonably expect an upgrade.  It makes no sense at all to create mastery fodder from weapons you've got on hand, but it makes a ton of sense to think you're combining two weapons to make a single better one.  It may not have to be Boltor Prime level, but given a multi-boss farm plus a Hikou, I do think it's reasonable to expect it to outperform at least one of those weapons(frankly the Hikou is better than the Miter and Panthera combined).

This is the only bad one so far.

Tiberon and Tipedo are fine weapons so its to be expected that DE was bound to return to their normal release quality eventually. I was just surprised we actually got a good weapon prior to Panthera.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

The Panthera performs just fine if it's modded and used correctly. I swear, almost any weapon that comes out and needs Forma to work well people make snap decisions about and just assumes it sucks.

Edited by Ceryk

The Panthera performs just fine if it's modded and used correctly. I swear, almost any weapon that comes out and needs Forma to work well people make snap decisions about and just assumes it sucks.

These people are complaining because the Panthera is literally worse than the sum of its parts. The Hikou (and its Primed variant) are really fast and come with 2 V-polarities, and the Miter is not only semiautomatic, but can be charged for more damage + punch through. Is it too much to expect a better weapon when two are combined?

Plus, the Opticor, Jat Kittag, Nukor and Tipedo were good out of the box. Forma merely made the guns beastly, though I don't believe I need forma to fit the necessary mods in my loadouts.