Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict Defense Pillars Push You Away Now?

armedpoop

I dont know when this was added/changed, but when you try to use directional melee to fly up to one of the 4 main pillars you are pushed away by what seems like strong gusts of wind. The same happens if you wall run up and then try to wall melee upwards, it launches you sky high and locks you in the wall attack animation till you hit the ground. (I used Obex so I was super manning lol) This makes it really annoying for any frame thats not fast enough,Volt or Vauban to get up there.

This cant be a bug because it happens deliberately to all four pillars and is consistent. You can still Vauban bounce or just wall run to ledge grab if fast enough and get up just fine. Sitting up here now leads to Tar Moas one- shotting you with invisible tar puddles. 

Why not just change the overall look of the map if you dont want players to get up there? Or do you just not want us flying up there with directional melee? Makes the Tar Moas being able to hit you up there kind of overkill imo.

Edited by armedpoop

Don't camp up there then? and yes it happens to me too. It makes it harder to rez people who go down while up there.

Ill play how I want to play, thanks. Its super annoying, but it doesnt make sense because you can still get up there with a fast frame via wall run and ledge grab. 

The Winds of Trollollol were added to prevent camping there before the tar moas were introduced I believe, but with them I don't think the winds are needed anymore. 

I havent been to ODD in so long because it bored me to death. So it was new to me. Was it deliberately like in patch notes?

Putting the repulsion all over the upper pillars was lazy game design, plain and simple.

Having it there means that people who just want to stand on the intended standing ledge often get thrown off if they overshoot at all.  If you don't want us up there, then redesign the level to not have the perches present in the upper pillar area, make the pillars completely vertical or something similar.  Warframe is all about parkour and as such if I can get to a place I should be able to stand/hang/slide through there.  Give me an in game reason why I can't stand there as opposed to invisible walls/repulsion fields that have no explanation other than "You weren't playing ball the way we wanted you to."  I have a similar complaint on the relays.

my recommendation if this is true would be to stand on the light posts at either end of the Objective platform.

better place tactically, anyways. makes it easier to keep the Infested split up and lets you keep more distance from them.

or stand on the floor, that works pretty well too.

Edited by taiiat

Putting the repulsion all over the upper pillars was lazy game design, plain and simple.

Having it there means that people who just want to stand on the intended standing ledge often get thrown off if they overshoot at all.  If you don't want us up there, then redesign the level to not have the perches present in the upper pillar area, make the pillars completely vertical or something similar.  Warframe is all about parkour and as such if I can get to a place I should be able to stand/hang/slide through there.  Give me an in game reason why I can't stand there as opposed to invisible walls/repulsion fields that have no explanation other than "You weren't playing ball the way we wanted you to."  I have a similar complaint on the relays.

Prettymuch this. Thanks for wording it much better than I

you can still stand on the corner to some extent but yeah Infested defense of any kind is already broken enough, preventing us from even having the slightest shred of making it slightly easier is just pathetic. healers provide damage resistance to other infested, and swarm moas provide heavy armor. so the thought of you managing to stay out of the way and use your ogris, torid, or penta is STILL not overpowered. De needs to get their head straight and stop catering to the few people who maximize their builds just right, get the perfect team, and mash buttons and just the right moment so they can survive really long. the majority of players don't have this luxury and even though i am mastery 17 i have no desire to bring maximum stuff to this game mod and mash buttons. DE loves sucking the fun out of everything. 

just like the nerfs to healing and energy syndicate effects, has little effect on frames that have high energy capacity or health, but make weaker frames even weaker. funny how that works out. 

Edited by superbot34

You don't need maxed builds though. There are plenty of ways to deal with the infested.

Like Nyx, Oberon, Loki, status weapons with radiation or Perrin's syndicate effect for the Ancient auras. High hp frames or anti toxin mod for dealing with Toxic. Handspring for the grappling hooks and stomps.

I don't solo the game but I've done 25+ waves in ODD and Eris defense missions with pugs using Ember Prime with just 2 forma (most people say she needs like 4), Boar Prime, Dakra Prime and whatever secondary I feel like using at the moment.

Ive also used Oberon (he makes infested a cakewalk) with Attica and Galatine. Saryn with Phage and Karyst and even Mirage with Miter.

It is tedious to some and I know there are people that don't enjoy either challenge or simply don't care and play for what is fun to them, but to me the Infested are the one faction that is in a good place since they can counter everything we can throw at them and force us to use tactics and setups that normally we wouldn't use.

The corpus are easy mode at the moment even with the Nullers. Grinner are a bit more tough but they are still fairly easy to handle as long as you have high hp or a way to recover hp because of the slash procs. And corrupted are basically the most boring of all the factions in the game.

i just don't see what is fun about using specific builds with specific teams to maximize the effectiveness of killing. all you are doing is grinding to get stuff so you can grind with that stuff, i don't have any fun in that, i have fun actually easily leveling them up with infested (the old infested) then using that weapon on grineer and that is fun. 

i just don't see what is fun about using specific builds with specific teams to maximize the effectiveness of killing. all you are doing is grinding to get stuff so you can grind with that stuff, i don't have any fun in that, i have fun actually easily leveling them up with infested (the old infested) then using that weapon on grineer and that is fun. 

Notice a lot of "I's" in this post. You are correct, YOU dont. For me personally, getting stuff done, and getting that best and most optimized build is fun for me. Or just trying out decent builds in general.

I dont know when this was added/changed, but when you try to use directional melee to fly up to one of the 4 main pillars you are pushed away by what seems like strong gusts of wind. The same happens if you wall run up and then try to wall melee upwards, it launches you sky high and locks you in the wall attack animation till you hit the ground. (I used Obex so I was super manning lol) This makes it really annoying for any frame thats not fast enough,Volt or Vauban to get up there.

This cant be a bug because it happens deliberately to all four pillars and is consistent. You can still Vauban bounce or just wall run to ledge grab if fast enough and get up just fine. Sitting up here now leads to Tar Moas one- shotting you with invisible tar puddles. 

Why not just change the overall look of the map if you dont want players to get up there? Or do you just not want us flying up there with directional melee? Makes the Tar Moas being able to hit you up there kind of overkill imo.

It was added before my current update at time of posting; 15.5

It's only for being so high, though. You can stand on the corners of the foundation, but any higher has a medium push barrier. It's kind of stoopid, though... 

Being that I tried to get up onto the corner of the foundation and found myself in the ceiling. 

It was added before my current update at time of posting; 15.5

It's only for being so high, though. You can stand on the corners of the foundation, but any higher has a medium push barrier. It's kind of stoopid, though... 

Being that I tried to get up onto the corner of the foundation and found myself in the ceiling. 

lol yea, if you are wall running and then do a wall attack upwards, it launches you all the way up to the ceiling because of the pushing thing.