Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coloring The "old Dojo"

Westmin

Thoughts -  1) I am very happy that DE made the coloring work for the old version of the rooms, instead of just the new ones. 

Beyond that, I have always preferred the old style, and even more so now after comparing to the colors...

kOLmNOJ.png

This is a shot of our colored 2nd-to-highest-tier-Hall for the old-style dojo, before the remade everything.  

MKlteEE.png

Another, from the top center.  

IiTDv8l.png

This is... Autumn Brown - NOT Blood Red.  I stand corrected.

JQ9EQnp.png

Compared to the new version...

I want old rooms... they're not completely empty when made... they have pre-made decors. Then again if they were to be available I can't delete my grand halls at all ... cuz of the parent-child room deleting system... thing.

Edited by Keijii

I agree with the OP, the fancy colours do look a lot fancier in the majestic-as-somethingreallymajestic old Orokin styled Dojo. Makes me wish there was at least an option to select the style you want your Dojo(or separate rooms) to be in.

Think we could get that as an option? I mean, I know the rooms are obviously still around, even on PS4.

I want old rooms... they're not completely empty when made... they have pre-made decors. Then again if they were to be available I can't delete my grand halls at all ... cuz of the parent-child room deleting system... thing.

We got around that by building duplicate "in-between" Halls off in a different direction, then deleting the one that was in a spot we didn't like.  

We have the "memory lane" shown above, which we haven't added anything of the new stuff to (aside from the forced changes).

Yeah, the new ones are far too large and spacious. They make it feel big and lifeless, when theres usually just you and maybe 1-2 other people in there. I found it hard to notice the color changes too, so much is unchangable grey.

Life. Plants.  Better.

In addition to significant portions being un-changeable, we also have the problem of the primary-secondary-tint1-tint2 not making sense at all.  In the Grandest Hall of the new style, we have a hard time getting the walls and dividers on the walls to not be the same color while still having some good variety in other places.

Final note: Fewer pastel colors please!

How come some dojos still have room connectors etc that are still old and didnt get updated? I'm really confused cuz I thought all had been updated, but I've went to some ppl's dojos to trade and met a few that had a bunch of old rooms

They weren't force-changed.

• 4 months later...

i'm glad we too didn't remove any old rooms.

the old reactors are mystical and relaxing. while the new ones are just lightning bolts in empty rooms.

walking down the old hallways give you a sense of home. while the new ones just seem like sterile hospital halls.

the old main hall welcomes you with railings to ensure your safety, pillars to give you stability and plants to give you comfort. even without any decoration that hall gives off a feeling of life. but the new halls are crappy white rooms with trash (decorations) scattered on the floor(s). you can decorate those rooms as much as you want, you will always feel not welcomed in them.

i like efficiency and clear structures, but even i am not as soulless as the new dojo style.