Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Word To The New Users About Off-Topic.

TheErebus.

Recently, I've been seeing a big increase of people coming onto Off-Topic posts and saying: "What does this have to do with WF?" "Reserve posts for warframe related things".

It's getting quite aggravating to say the least.

And so I'm making this post (and hopefully it may get pinned) to teach the new blood about what is allowed for Off-Topic:

EVERYTHING

Literally, anything can be posted in Off-Topic, it doesn't need to be warframe related.

So please...before you post in an Off-Topic thread...

Don't say that it doesn't belong here in the forums because it isn't related to Warframe.

I used to see this a lot on another forum and learned that it was becuase people use the "Recent Posts" or "Recent Topics' section and they just don't look at the forum section the topic was posted in. The solutions are fairly straightforward.

A) Strongly label off-topic posts, such as with a different text or highlight color, like greying them out some.

B) Don't show OTF topics in the recent topics/posts displays, much like how trade doesn't show up.

P.S.

inb4 Himari moves your thread to Website/Forums feedback.

I used to see this a lot on another forum and learned that it was becuase people use the "Recent Posts" or "Recent Topics' section and they just don't look at the forum section the topic was posted in. The solutions are fairly straightforward.

That is generally all I have seen. Usually one of the first responses, as they rarely check.

A) Strongly label off-topic posts, such as with a different text or highlight color, like greying them out some.

B) Don't show OTF topics in the recent topics/posts displays, much like how trade doesn't show up.

P.S.

Maybe just let players choose what is shown in the Recent Topics with Off Topic disabled by default.

P.S.

Off-Topic should appear in the most recent lists. Because then, how can someone with a funny post bring their humor out or something important about what is going on with the world bring their info out. 

I don't mind labelling them.

And this isn't feedback to the site, this is a reminder to users.

Edited by TheErebus