Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Read A Twilight Book

TheErebus.

Quick, someone give him a beer & turn on the TV on a Football match!

NOW!!

NO, I WANT TO FRACTURE HIS SANITY EVEN MORE!

'turn tw'

Oh, here's Human Centipede OR 120 DAYS IN SODOM

WATCH IT

I DARE YOU ALL

Edited by Altey

You know the saying "Curiosity killed the cat"?

I think curiosity murdered my brain cells and made me into a woman.

Hey, women hate that stuff just as much as guys.

My tweenie roomates made me sit through some of the movies and I glanced at some of the books.  I've never wanted to burn a book before, but Twilight changed that.

Hey, women hate that stuff just as much as guys.

My tweenie roomates made me sit through some of the movies and I glanced at some of the books.  I've never wanted to burn a book before, but Twilight changed that.

Hmm only wanted to do it to 50 Shades of Grey. Have no idea why, but every time I see a trailer of it, I'm tempted to buy the book and burn the hell out of it. 

Hmm only wanted to do it to 50 Shades of Grey. Have no idea why, but every time I see a trailer of it, I'm tempted to buy the book and burn the hell out of it. 

I have friends in the BDSM community that are up in arms about the book, I can't even look at that stupid thing, and the previews for the movie just make me want to throw up.  

I have friends in the BDSM community that are up in arms about the book, I can't even look at that stupid thing, and the previews for the movie just make me want to throw up.  

Frankly it's only because it got popular. I'm pretty sure there a better book that could easily top over 50 SOG, and written better as well. 

Last vampire book I actually read was Cirque Du Freak, at least vampires in that book had to use sun screen as some sort of buffer to the sun actually doing real damage 

Edited by Aeronomatic

Frankly it's only because it got popular. I'm pretty sure there a better book that could easily top over 50 SOG, and written better as well. 

Oh there are several books that were written better than that rag but the problem is getting the celebrities to pick it up and advocate reading it.

Same here, everyone I know in the BDSM community have nothing but horrible things to say about the book.

Whats the common things said about 50 SOG? All I know is it's pretty poorly written, and the lack of per say "Interesting" word usage or is it the story *that why I hate it. 

Edited by Aeronomatic

Whats the common things said about 50 SOG? All I know is it's pretty poorly written, and the lack of per say "Interesting" word usage or is it the story *that why I hate it. 

It presents itself as a typical BDSM relationship but it's really a how-to-abuse-someone manual. 

To make sure I had an accurate an up to date answer I went and asked the two immediate reasons I was given were:

1. It features tons of consent violations.

2. It was written by a person who has a considerable lack of knowledge on the lifestyle, and it shows.

I was given several links to different articles that further explain the hatred it receives. A lot of people also dislike the actor that is playing the male character because of some condescending things he had to say about his trip to a dungeon for research.

I'll put the links in a spoiler:

http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/2014/08/five_reasons_why_fifty_shades_of_grey_movie_will_suck.php

https://www.facebook.com/notes/laura-antoniou/50-shades-of-sell-out/10150679068234195

http://www.leatherati.com/2012/07/fifty-shades-of-bilious/

Given the subject matter of this discussion I must warn you that the sites the articles are on may not be safe for work (I didn't see anything bad when I glanced at them but I didn't give it a thorough look either. The facebook link should be safe for work.)

Edit: Just looked and the facebook link is actually a parody that an author of BDSM lifestyle erotica created. I was sent that because they thought it was funny.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

That's how you're still alive.

You feed yourself with soul destruction to fuel your insanity.

That's more Mad than the Mad-God.

Confirmed.

Erebus is the new Mad-God.

All bow down to him.

Edited by Utarious