Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Prism: Shooting Sound

plsql

No need buff it.

No need add default polarity.

Just give genuine gorgon sound to prism version. Please-please-please! There was a great part of fun in normal gorgon/gorgon wraith versions.

ps. tnx for good weapon, really. good - except sound :(

IIRC, the first version was kinda bland, second version was awesome, and then it went down hill after that. I wonder if anyone has a record of them all.

You might be right, but I remember it sounding pretty beastly during the time when you could tap fire snipe enemies from across maps with it

Edited by rapt0rman

I really like it, semi auto it's decent but at max spool up it's awesome!

When I played it through my speakers it sounded awesome, sort of like a pistol and at full spool it was amazing.

That was until I tried it with headphones, wth is this? suddenly it sounds like a flimsy laser weapon, kinda like a weaker supra. Really discouraged me from maxing it out with forma.

Edited by StickyBaseline

I would be entirely fine with the laser-esque sound that the Prisma Gorgon makes weren't it for the fact it sounds so weak. The regular Gorgon and Gorgon Wraith have a lot more oomph to it.

Better example yet: The Supra. The Supra sounds better than the Prisma Gorgon simply because of the fact it has a lot more punch and power to it. Prisma Gorgon sounds more like an SMG than an HMG, which is just severely disappointing.

Edited by Gaevolan

Well every single of these new weapons from the Void Trader has had a custom sound so getting the original Gorgon sound ain't gonna happen.

It's like expecting a car to sound and feel the same as a custom made one, it's very unlikely to happen.

I like the sound honestly it's got this feeling that you're firing a big beefy gun.

• 2 months later...

I have to bump this, I just have to.

Here is something that I'd rather hear: A sound I made for a video game project, but ended up not being used.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2wVzrNi22w

Look DE, this guy is offering his work free to use. It may need some "downscaling" in order not to sound like a battlemech wrist-mounted chaincannon of course, but the current sound really is a let down. Personally I would prefere something more mean and mechanical like when the twin vipers actually was a pair of chainsaws, one way or the other it needs to sound a lot meaner.