Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Encouraging doesn't necessarily mean everyone is gonna vote. It's hard enough to get peoples attention through forum posts and dev streams(Which I highly doubt everyone goes to check and watch.).

Of course not everyone will vote but spread the news enough and majority of the playerbase will contribute, You could send out an in game inbox basically stating lore-wise that fragments of a lost Warframe has been found, and that to begin reconstruction the lotus needs help deciphering [ deciding] how it looks.

As mentioned before since this would affect a future warframe I'm almost certain many people would give their thoughts on the matter because it actually affects something in game.

Yeah, the silence and disappointment is palpable. 

If you call the opinions of 1000 people silly then I guess you hate democracy then.

http://strawpoll.me/3807541/r

1000 posts and counting Letter13. Take that statistic and apply it to the total amount of people that play this game. 

1000 people out of..... how many people play warframe now?  If only 1000 people played warframe then this number would mean something.  However I'm sure alot more do, if we are even including across platforms.

dat looks more dragon than Chroma

That is a WARRIOR, not a dragon.

Or more accurately a Dragoon which is still not a dragon.  It is a humanoid more accurately [usually]

Edited by Sibarian

simple really, shrink the size of the snout.

currently, it is too long, giving the impression of the "anteater" everyone is talking about. if it was smaller like THIS

chroma%20copy_zpsh36ftngs.jpg

it could actually work. do you guys agree?

EDIT: this pic ain't mine. credit to hanzo29:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/413364-a-make-over-for-chroma/#entry4565050

Actually, this could work, shorting the snout could help it.

I thought skills would affect if the frame was fun or not. I'm certain were not playing dress up

If looks aren't important, then why does every frame look different and why do we have the option of coloring these frames different colors?

The plate is only the bottom half of his face. Probably everything under where a person's nose would be. His eyes reside behind the snout protrusion. Just look at Zephyr, she seems to do fine. People are just getting caught up in the pose he has in the splash art.

No because Zephyr's Protrusion resembles a beak, which birds have and she's a bird -based warframe.

This reminds me of the backlash DmC got with Dante's appearance in the AU reboot xD.

Thing was, the very first trailer he was far scrawnier, smoked, looked visually malnourished. By the time the game came out he looked fine (because they knew and edited him abit, but kept the hair.). Secondly Dante is an iconic character. So far more serious. And then the game came out and twas bad and did alot of gameplay wrong. And ended up sub par.

1000 people out of..... how many people play warframe now?  If only 1000 people played warframe then this number would mean something.  However I'm sure alot more do, if we are even including across platforms.

Or more accurately a Dragoon which is still not a dragon.  It is a humanoid more accurately [usually]

I guess you don't know what sampling size means.

The amount of people in it doesn't matter as much as you may think, 1000 is actually pretty good for such statistics.

Also, Tennos are also warriors, not dragons. And humanoid. I'm not certain what your point is.

http://strawpoll.me/3807541/r

1000 posts and counting Letter13. Take that statistic and apply it to the total amount of people that play this game.

So what if we take this to the game and it shows that people actually like him and its just forum goer that don't? Seeing as the pol could easily be skewed by people who don't even play the game.

Extrapolating results of a small poll onto a game of over 1 million people makes no sense as it not even a large enough sample.

I guess you don't know what Happy customers do.

They don't go onto forums and whine, they just enjoy the game.

They don't usually create strawpolls dedicated to see how many/few other people out there agree/disagree

They usually as I said, just enjoy the game and get on with their lives.

There are way too many variances between 1000 and the current number of people who play warframe.

A lot more than a thousand people play Warframe. Merely a thousand would not be able to paint an accurate picture of what the community as a whole feels. You simply can't guarantee its population validity when it's so small compared to the userbase.

No because Zephyr's Protrusion resembles a beak, which birds have and she's a bird -based warframe.

Her "beak" is over where her eyes would be inside of her helmet exactly like Chroma with his snout.

So you think the opinion of 1,000 people should determine the everyone else's opinion. You do realize that that the Warframe player base is a lot larger than 1,000 people right?

Not at all, I think you should take what that small sample size says and then think about what would happen if the total player base voted. I assure you that the result would be the same. If people don't vote and they know the facts then that is just irresponsible.

If looks aren't important, then why does every frame look different and why do we have the option of coloring these frames different colors?

I belive he was stating that how not all warframes can please everyone so we aren't playing dressup where we can make all warframe to our liking.

The amount of people in it doesn't matter as much as you may think, 1000 is actually pretty good for such statistics.

Also, Tennos are also warriors, not dragons. And humanoid. I'm not certain what your point is.

My point is, that 1000 is a drop in the bucket for the amount of players in this game.  Also, I agree, that Tenno are well, not dragons.  Duh.  Though they aren't human, and strapping a Dragon shaped helmet and spikes on someone does NOT transform them into a dragon.

Fun fact: The framers of the United States Constitution did not want direct democracy on the basis that the public at large are not educated or reasonable enough to make decisions that affects the entire nation.

Was I stating that? I was stating albeit unclearly, that if you disregard the opinions of 1000 people then what is to stop you from disregarding the opinions of more?

A lot more than a thousand people play Warframe. Merely a thousand would not be able to paint an accurate picture of what the community as a whole feels. You simply can't guarantee its population validity when it's so small compared to the userbase.

Just look at him, we all know that this one will not be "peoples favorite" 

stop bullS#&$ing.

Seeing as the pol could easily be skewed by people who don't even play the game.

But it's a poll about whether or not the frame looks silly. Whether or not the people who vote actually play the game doesn't influence it.

My point is, that 1000 is a drop in the bucket for the amount of players in this game.  Also, I agree, that Tenno are well, not dragons.  Duh.  Though they aren't human, and strapping a Dragon shaped helmet and spikes on someone does NOT transform them into a dragon.

1000 is a drop in the bucket, but in statistics this doesn't matter at all. The contents of the drop are still relatively equal in concentration compared to the rest of the bucket. That's the point.

Edited by SmilingMad

Just look at him, we all know that this one will not be "peoples favorite" 

stop bullS#&$ing.

Here, let me try to read your mind through the internets!

"I don't like this warframe, so OBVIOUSLY nobody else does, and if they do they are in the minority and don't matter because this is MY game and the game of anyone who agrees with ME."

Did that sum it up?

But it's a poll about whether or not the frame looks silly. Whether or not the people who vote actually play the game doesn't influence it.

1000 is a drop in the bucket, but in statistics this doesn't matter at all. The contents of the drop are still relatively equal in concentration compared to the rest of the bucket. That's the point.

The real point is people have still LOST presidencies, runs for governor, ect.  Even when their 'sample' size showed them in the lead.  Let's take a state in example.  That sample size of 1000?  Is just 'ONE' district [not even, really... ], when there is a whole state's worth of people who may think different.  If 100% of people in a group of 1000 out of 1,000,000 people Hated something, then does that guarantee that it is globally hated?

Edited by Sibarian

Quoting me out of context. Each frame looks different because each frame is suppose to be unique. Saying chroma isn't a dragon frame because he doesn't not look like one, when his skills aren't out showshow borderline shallow the reason is. When you have seen his skills, do come back and say he isn't dragon themed nor inspired

Not at all, I think you should take what that small sample size says and then think about what would happen if the total player base voted. I assure you that the result would be the same. If people don't vote and they know the facts then that is just irresponsible.

except it's flawed"Larger sample sizes generally lead to increased precision when estimating unknown parameters." what that means is the smaller the sample size the less accurate it is and accounts for less variables.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

For some clarity, Chroma (Arguably an abbreviation of Chromatic,) is taken from the idea of Chromatic Dragons in DnD. A color represented a different breath weapon,

Soooo...

White Dragon: Ice Breath

Red Dragon: Fire Breath

Deep Dragon: Acid Breath

ETC...

Just thought I would clear that up for some people who are associating a 'Light' theme with the idea of Energy Color.

I still find it odd that you realize that the vote plays against your opinion.

The poll results show 48% of people would have a positive response if Chroma was changed to a stereotypical dragon aesthetic. However the poll also says that 52% would have either no response, or a negative response if such a change happened.

Majority means >50%. That's what democracy is, is majority rule.