The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Not really. The old frames are humanoid with insect-like features. They don't really look infested. They are inspired by exo skeleton and chitinous armour of insects/beetles.

Chroma doesn't really look that insec-like at all.

it's an organic metal not chitin inspired armor http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/e/ed/16288-77999-1jpg-550x.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/320?cb=20120526003053 here's organic metal https://www.filterforge.com/filters/315.jpg

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

HE IS using Nekros' agile, they either made a mistake or are bringing in unique melee anims, but this is Nekros agile when holding a single pistol. Look at it for yourself.

There are similarities between them but he isn't using Nekros Agile animation with a single pistol, Just went and checked but the redeemer has a different melee idle in the animation to in game: For reference, I check Nekros Agile, Excal Noble and Volt basic with a no stance redeemer equipped [i don't have high noon] and all 3 stood up straight with the redeemer to their side, not what Chroma is doing

That's Dark Sector. The designs there are much sleeker imho.

What about all the insect-like features? Ash's default helmet, Loki's arms (have mantis-like ridges on them), Trinity's... well she's essentially a cross between a grasshoper and lobster. Frost has essentially a head of a beetle so there's your chitin influence.

Edited by LocoWithGun

simple really, shrink the size of the snout.

currently, it is too long, giving the impression of the "anteater" everyone is talking about. if it was smaller like THIS

chroma%20copy_zpsh36ftngs.jpg

it could actually work. do you guys agree?

EDIT: this pic ain't mine. credit to hanzo29:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/413364-a-make-over-for-chroma/#entry4565050

Chroma has grown on me some, but I really like this idea.

Not really. The old frames are humanoid with insect-like features. They don't really look infested. They are inspired by exo skeleton and chitinous armour of insects/beetles.

Chroma doesn't really look that insec-like at all.

Ash was the only insect inspired one.

There are similarities between them but he isn't using Nekros Agile animation with a single pistol, Just went and checked but the redeemer has a different melee idle in the animation to in game: For reference, I check Nekros Agile, Excal Noble and Volt basic with a no stance redeemer equipped [i don't have high noon] and all 3 stood up straight with the redeemer to their side, not what Chroma is doing

You obviously have no idea what I'm saying. I'm saying that he's using nekros agile with a single pistol, the ending of the idle is changed, and they put a damned redeemer in his hand.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

Ash was the only insect inspired one.

Frost has essentially a beetle head. Trinity is a Trinity and her joints really remind me of an exoskeleton. Loki has mantis ridges on his forearms. Nekros' helmet is also somewhat beetle like.

Even Limbo's arms. Look at them, they look very insect-like.

The degree varies from frame to frame but the influence is pretty clear to be honest. That is from the earlier frames. Then it switched to clothing-trurned-armor and went completely out of the window by Mesa release.

Edited by LocoWithGun

So.. is Chroma confirmed to be relased with U16, or after?

Because I'm itching to figure out how he can fill the support role, and that of a "lucky dragon". I love support frames, so I'm really hopeful the skills will be great!

You obviously have no idea what I'm saying. I'm saying that he's using nekros agile with a single pistol, the ending of the idle is changed, and they put a damned redeemer in his hand.

I watched them both, the only similarity is that they were hold there weapon behind their back, I'm not even talking about the breathing fire, I'm talking about the idle stance, how about YOU go and watch the animation and compare to the Nekros Single pistol Agile animation

So.. is Chroma confirmed to be relased with U16, or after?

Because I'm itching to figure out how he can fill the support role, and that of a "lucky dragon". I love support frames, so I'm really hopeful the skills will be great!

Probably with, we know that sentients will be released with U16.

That's Dark Sector. The designs there are much sleeker imho.

What about all the insect-like features? Ash's default helmet, Loki's arms (have mantis-like ridges on them), Trinity's... well she's essentially a cross between a grasshoper and lobster. Frost has essentially a head of a beetle so there's your chitin influence.

I agree ash's helms are insect inspired but what I was saying is that the material is organic metal not chitin inspired.Also dark sectors history is a part of warframe "The Tenno share the last name with Hayden Tenno, the protagonist of Dark Sector. This was confirmed in Livestream 10: that Hayden is indeed the first Tenno

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

I honestly think, as an artist, that this is a bad design.

And I'm not saying it looks bad, it looks great. What I am saying is

that the looks dont resemble what the frames abillities ect. are.

If you create someone/thing with a specific purpos (in this case, a dragon-themed frame)

then the look should resemble that. It should be crystal-clear

what this frame is based on - mostly so people acctually understand what

it is supposed to be. Like ember, you could tell she's got something

with fire going on. Or Hydroid - same thing.

Otherwise it's bad character-design imo. 

I mean, I've sketched something within 15 minutes that looks more dragon-like.

Just think about what a dragon often has. Horns? Wings? Scales? Thick Armor? Where is that

in their design?

7a6a3c9e47.jpg

*runs*

Not a bad drawing. I must say. Doesn't look as if it would fit into warframe unfortunately.

I watched them both, the only similarity is that they were hold there weapon behind their back, I'm not even talking about the breathing fire, I'm talking about the idle stance, how about YOU go and watch the animation and compare to the Nekros Single pistol Agile animation

The anim is sped up on Chroma, I just compared the two and Chroma's animation is exactly the same, just Chroma's is sped up.

I agree ash's helms are insect inspired but what I was saying is that the material is organic metal not chitin inspired.Also dark sectors history is a part of warframe "The Tenno share the last name with Hayden Tenno, the protagonist of Dark Sector. This was confirmed in Livestream 10: that Hayden is indeed the first Tenno

Yeah... but we have the proto armor skin in the game. And when you compare it to regular Excal they really don't look very much alike or even from roughly  the same material. Compare to the proto armor Excal's looks really more like chitin than anything else. Hayden's armor looks metallic, Tenno armor looks more bone-like.

And I said features... many frames have insect features. Why would they have those if they weren't inspired by chitinous exoskeleton?

When you think of organic armor... chitin is simply the first thing that comes to mind. I'm not saying that it's an actual chitin, just that the inspiration is there.

Edited by LocoWithGun

From what was said, the idea is he'll be some form of Support.

Considering the Elemental variation he's got going on...I'm admittedly thinking maybe like the Staff Elementalist in GW2.

Beyond that, we don't know, but it'll be curious to see how things behave based on the elemental input. Support is an interesting category to play around in and do well, after all.