The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Frost has essentially a beetle head. Trinity is a Trinity and her joints really remind me of an exoskeleton. Loki has mantis ridges on his forearms. Nekros' helmet is also somewhat beetle like.

Even Limbo's arms. Look at them, they look very insect-like.

The degree varies from frame to frame but the influence is pretty clear to be honest. That is from the earlier frames. Then it switched to clothing-trurned-armor and went completely out of the window by Mesa release.

If you're able to stretch that far on those ones, you really can't see the dragon in Chroma? Because you're really grasping there. Maybe two or three frames have insect features, at best.

And if you're saying armor mimicking clothes is something the original frames didn't have, I'd suggest taking a nice long look at Loki and Frost.

Yeah... but we have the proto armor skin in the game. And when you compare it to regular Excal they really don't look very much alike or even from roughly  the same material. Compare to the proto armor Excal's looks really more like chitin than anything else. Hayden's armor looks metallic, Tenno armor looks more bone-like.

And I said features... many frames have insect features. Why would they have those if they weren't inspired by chitinous exoskeleton?

When you think of organic armor... chitin is simply the first thing that comes to mind. I'm not saying that it's an actual chitin, just that the inspiration is there.

Okay well I agree to disagree XD

If you're able to stretch that far on those ones, you really can't see the dragon in Chroma? Because you're really grasping there. Maybe two or three frames have insect features, at best.

And if you're saying armor mimicking clothes is something the original frames didn't have, I'd suggest taking a nice long look at Loki and Frost.

Ok... what is this then? Why does trickster have this on his arms huh? And Vauban is quite literally a clown... including the shoes. Now that is quite a leap from Loki.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by LocoWithGun

A Vauban gone samurai with a shenlong dragon head(because it does have whiskers on the chin) and a samurai crest on the head. Its a Vauban Shenlong Dragon Samurai... How is it not cool?

Indeed it is... Indeed it is... Just needs to have a Lotus sigil placed on it.

edit: and all the infested accessories...

Not cool because we already have a vauban. Copy/pasting old frames is not something to encourage. 

Ok... what is this then? Why does trickster have this on his arms huh?

Mantis arms are smooth with spikes along the grasping surface. His arms are rippled and ridged, more reminiscent of folded cloth or skin.

I think a more interesting question would be why he's wearing puffy pants and a collared coat, when you specifically said early frames didn't have clothing designs on them.

I see it, still ugly as F*** but I see it. Makes me like the design even less actually.

What the hell is the point of a themed frame if you have to make an effort to hide the theme!?

Maybe it just conveys the theme in a different fashion and you are being unreasonably upset about it.

Mantis arms are smooth with spikes along the grasping surface. His arms are rippled and ridged, more reminiscent of folded cloth or skin.

I think a more interesting question would be why he's wearing puffy pants and a collared coat, when you specifically said early frames didn't have clothing designs on them.

Because he is a jester/trickster. You can see what he is from looking at him. With chroma you need to really look hard to even find the slight resemblance of "dragon", even then you only know that it's a dragon because you've seen him breathe fire. That's it.

uhXAgZM.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

First of all... really? Cloth? Spiky cloth?

Second, you seem to unable to grasp the existence of a middle ground. Again... false polarity everywhere, it's getting tiresome.

Also, I didn't say that specifically. You're making stuff up. Otherwise point me to my post where I specifically said old frames don't have clothing on them. Even then though... the designes after that just go more into that direction.

And lastly Chroma is fugly. And I scarcely care whether it looks like some specific dragon to you. Others aregue that, not me so get your oppositions straight there's more than one argument.

My position: Assuming that Chroma looks indeed like a dragon... then it looks like fugly dragon which begs the question why did they choose a fugly dragon to mimic in the first place. DE knew what people expected and there must be a middle ground between Rhino reskin and Anteater monstrosity. 

Edited by LocoWithGun

Because he is a jester/trickster. You can see what he is from looking at him. With chroma you need to really look hard to even find the slight resemblance of "dragon", even then you only know that it's a dragon because you've seen him breathe fire. That's it.

brb, let me go find all the posts bashing frame themes for being too literal

You don't really have to look that hard to find the dragon influences in Chroma. Only about as hard as you have to look to find jester influences in Loki. Even if we hadn't seen him breathe fire, the dragon inspiration is pretty easy to find.

First of all... really? Cloth? Spiky cloth?

Second, you seem to unable to grasp the existence of a middle ground. Again... false polarity everywhere, it's getting tiresome.

Also, I didn't say that specifically. You're making stuff up. Otherwise point me to my post where I specifically said old frames don't have slothing on them. Even then though... the designes after that just go more into that direction.

And lastly Chroma is fugly. And I scarcely care whether it looks like some specific dragon to you. Others aregue that, not me so get your oppositions straight there's more than one argument.

My position: Assuming that Chroma looks ïndeed like a dragon... then it looks like fugly dragon which begs the question why did they choose a fugly dragon to mimic in the forst place.

The degree varies from frame to frame but the influence is pretty clear to be honest. That is from the earlier frames. Then it switched to clothing-trurned-armor and went completely out of the window by Mesa release.

So, what did you mean by this? It was insects, it switched to clothes? That seems pretty cut and dry to me.

And if your only real problem is that you think he's ugly...I don't know. I think he's ugly too, you don't see me throwing a fit.

So, what did you mean by this? It was insects, it switched to clothes? That seems pretty cut and dry to me.

And if your only real problem is that you think he's ugly...I don't know. I think he's ugly too, you don't see me throwing a fit.

I meant exactly what i wrote. There isn't any negative or positive stance in what I wrote. I'm not presenting it as either good or a bad thing. All I'm saying is that there were insect features on Warframes then those kinda disappeared with Vauban and the like. So what exactly are fighting for here? Someone asked about designs, I replied.

And yes... it is ugly. And if poeople agreed that it was ugly (because look at it) and then some said they liked it, that would be the end of it. But the justifications put me off. Some people presenting not appreciating Chroma as some kind of art sense deficit or something... that kind of snobby elitist BS gets me going.

"Oh... it looks like this very specific dragon from 7th century small village in Germany. But you wouldn't know about that."

Well, sorry... but that is BS and you know it. You like it because it's different... well I don't like it because it's too bloody different... it's a mess.

And lastly these threads are hilarious. It's the forum version of high quality slapstick. Like when someone in an art gallery mistakes an ashtray for an art piece and goes about its inner genius to the dumbfounded stares of the other people.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Welp here's frame i'm ,not gonna farm

And I supposed he's gonna drop from J3 so = 30 archwing missions at least if you're very lucky.

This game's main appeal , what drives players in at first is the style. It's solely thanos to excalibur's sleek and stylish look that i've started playing. Stayed for the gameplay . And stayed some more for stylish weapons and stuff.

Mesa was a beautiful frame , remined me of the "1st" gen a  lot.  Same for limbo , even if he does have a  hat. they don't have too much going on?

Because chroma reminds me of zephyr a lot.   There's a theme and let's go 300% with it is what I see, Zeph still has an acceptable design , we got used to it , it does look cool in a lot of ways even if the original concept was cooler.

But with this...no ... I can't see the appeal. this doesn't make me want to play it. It's like an overload of stuff. And looks more infested than anything else.

I hope it's abilities are balls to the walls action tastic amazing otherwise people ain't gonna use it .

When will this end?

ijuo8.jpg

When will you stop posting this crap and start posting constructive reasons for why Chroma is a good design choice as a dragon. I want to see pictures and references to what bits were inspired by different animals.

So far i've only seen your type of people provide us with:

"Stop hating, DE can do whatever"

"OMG, whiners are here everytime posting the same thing after every update"

"Design is good, you need to check your eyes"

"That's a dragon *links seadragon seahorse* "

"The picture you linked in every thread"

Edited by kiteohatto

You don't really have to look that hard to find the dragon influences in Chroma. Only about as hard as you have to look to find jester influences in Loki. Even if we hadn't seen him breathe fire, the dragon inspiration is pretty easy to find.

So, you are telling me that you can stop a random person in the steet, show them a picture of Chroma(not the fire breathing animation) and ask them what animal/mythical creature it resembles and they would reply with "Dragon" ? Are you serious ?

I meant exactly what i wrote. There isn't any negative or positive stance in what I wrote. I'm not presenting it as either good or a bad thing. All I'm saying is that there were insect features on Warframes then those kinda disappeared with Vauban and the like. So what exactly are fighting for here? Someone asked about designs, I replied.

And yes... it is ugly. And if poeople agreed that it was ugly (because look at it) and then some said they liked it, that would be the end of it. But the justifications put me off. Some people presenting not appreciating Chroma as some kind of art sense deficit or something... that kind of snobby elitist BS gets me going.

"Oh... it looks like this very specific dragon from 7th century small village in Germany. But you wouldn't know about that."

Well, sorry... but that is BS and you know it. You like it because it's different... well I don't like it because it's too bloody different... it's a mess.

And lastly these threads are hilarious. It's the forum version of high quality slapstick. Like when someone in an art gallery mistakes a ashtray for an art piece and goes about its inner genius to the dumbfounded stares of the other people.

There were not insect features on Warframes up until Vauban. That's just a slightly different version of the annoying elitism you described. There were a few warframes with insect features, Ash being the most obvious, but the majority of frames released have not had insect features. 

As for Chroma, it doesn't resemble any one dragon. It does borrow features from lots of different dragons and dragony creatures, which I think frustrates people who like the dragonframe fan concept.

So, you are telling me that you can stop a random person in the steet, show them a picture of Chroma(not the fire breathing animation) and ask them what animal/mythical creature it resembles and they would reply with "Dragon" ? Are you serious ?

Sure. My little brother was able to pick out dragon as one of the things it resembled when I showed it to him, though to be fair he also said fish and gorilla. The "oh you can't see dragons here at all" thing is just typical forum hyperbole.

Edited by vaugahn