The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

When will you stop posting this crap and start posting constructive reasons for why Chroma is a good design choice as a dragon. I want to see pictures and references to what bits were inspired by different animals.

So far i've only seen your type of people provide us with:

"Stop hating, DE can do whatever"

"OMG, whiners are here everytime posting the same thing after every update"

"Design is good, you need to check your eyes"

"That's a dragon *links seadragon seahorse* "

"The picture you linked in every thread"

People have already posted why Chroma is a good design. They have given detail and references to many dragons or dragon-like creatures. People like you wanted a more blatant dragonknight look or a rhino 2.0 and i'm glad we didn't get those. So continue to remain ignorant and claim you haven't seen any kind of reference supporting Chroma, when there happens to be tons of it in this thread.

ijuo8.jpg

What we expected

D9CHowR.jpg6j2hXVF.jpg

can you at least not post these fanarts? Getting sick of you people forcing your argument that Chroma "should" look like these.

They don't look like Warframes. In all seriousness, they never were. They're just... dragon suits. Cyberdragon suits that can be fitted on sci-fi pseudo-magical RPG, with monster hunting for parts and crafting.

I'm trying to keep this to myself since I really don't like criticizing artists. I'm sorry but these ones don't have that warframe vibe. Even that famous Tychus warframe which I think is also depicted by its fans to be a dragon or something.

EDIT: Another thing. If you still want these looks, they're better off as a custom skin for Rhino, same as Prototype Excalibur. It's possible.

Edited by faustias

Please stop posting this all the time. We already know how you feel about Chroma and this whole matter.

That pic has stopped being funny quite some time ago.

I could say the same about all of the seahorse and anteater posts. Those were funny too but now it's not as amusing anymore.

DWlaygv.jpg

See I can do the same BS you can do too.

I struck a nerve i guess. You need to use a better meme picture though...

Edited by EmptyDevil

There were not insect features on Warframes up until Vauban. That's just a slightly different version of the annoying elitism you described. There were a few warframes with insect features, Ash being the most obvious, but the majority of frames released have not had insect features. 

As for Chroma, it doesn't resemble any one dragon. It does borrow features from lots of different dragons and dragony creatures, which I think frustrates people who like the dragonframe fan concept.

Whatever, it doesn't matter. I didn't use it as an argument against Chroma so I honestly don't expect why you care either. So there weren't... fine agree to disagree, moving on.

As for Chroma the issue imho is that there are so many influences that the result is a mess. There's a limit to how many things you can put into your design before it starts to look messy and silly.

It feels like being different for the sake of being different. And I find this attitude more despicable than sticking to cliches. If you can't make something good with the influences you wanna include... then stick to the basics. Not to mention this came after Mesa release which is as literal as you can get. So it's understandably confusing. Were those two frames designed by the same person?

Also, again... a middle ground. Bewteen cliche and this would be nice. I guess they'll release dragon helmet... they released a cat helmet so dragon one should be fine.

Edited by LocoWithGun

People have already posted why Chroma is a good design. They have given detail and references to many dragons or dragon-like creatures. People like you wanted a more blatant dragonknight look or a rhino 2.0 and i'm glad we didn't get those. So continue to remain ignorant and claim you haven't seen any kind of reference supporting Chroma, when there happens to be tons of it in this thread.

ijuo8.jpg

I'm asking you to stop posting that image over and over because it stopped being funny at this point, it's becoming outright disrespectful.

The anim is sped up on Chroma, I just compared the two and Chroma's animation is exactly the same, just Chroma's is sped up.

I sort of See it now, it still doesn't really help your point though, Let me pair it like this, If his entire face was behind the plate then he'd be looking directly at the floor because he is hunched forward, necros looks to the ground at a small distance and not immediately at his feet.

ijuo8.jpg

Hahaha, im sure of it.

The only thing they provided that's close to being a reasonable argument for Chroma inspired design is that leafy seadragon picture. One picture, one creature that has one thing in common with Chroma is the long snout. That.is.it.

I could say the same about all of the seahorse and anteater posts. Those were funny too but now it's not as amusing anymore.

I don't care for the meme picture, my point still stands, if you want to be productive, then don't post inflammatory BS for the sake of aggravating others. You only make the thread even more toxic than it already is.

And yeah, I did it to, but only to show that I can do the same thing and it'd have the same affect.

I'm asking you to stop posting that image over and over because it stopped being funny at this point, it's becoming outright disrespectful.

It is also disrespectful to bash on the design of Chroma and to insult those people that actually like him. So if you want to police behavior, go and tell those people to cut it out as well. That image is more playful than some of the other comments/posts.

You know... when great many people say it mostly resembles a sea horse. Maybe... just maybe they might have a point. Ever thought of that? What makes your picture playful and theirs not.

Edited by LocoWithGun

It is also disrespectful to bash on the design of Chroma.

Oh it's disrespectful to not like a design? Oh poor me for having an opinion, I'll go back to my cave then.

Oh and by the way, I've seen people of your side telling others to shut up and make fun of us for not liking the design. Your side ain't perfect.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Agreed

I don't care for the meme picture, my point still stands, if you want to be productive, then don't post inflammatory BS for the sake of aggravating others. You only make the thread even more toxic than it already is.

And yeah, I did it to, but only to show that I can do the same thing and it'd have the same affect.

"but only to show that I can do the same thing" very productive

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

"but only to show that I can the same thing" very productive

I've been quite productive. For both sides in fact. I've defended the frame with some points and then went against him for other reasons. But I'm sorry, when you see that BS being used against us, it's just unacceptable. 

And his reason is that "it's more playful than the other posts" doesn't cut it. 

It is not playful with that design of the meme crying and raging about we say it isn't a dragon. If I kept posting that one I made, you'd have the same reaction.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

im take a whirl at jinxing it

(and yes i know that most of us,including me,have seen skill names,also it was pretty obvious that it can shoot fire with its mouth)

wanna bet,that most people will end up complaining about the chroma`s skillset,but ill love it?

(and yes i know that most of us,including me,have seen skill names,also it was pretty obvious that it can shoot fire with its mouth)

wanna bet,that most people will end up complaining about the chroma`s skillset,but ill love it?

so what are his ability names, then?

You mean the blowhole coming out of it's forehead?

For most part, if the alt helm looks better (more dragon-like) than it's original helm, than I'd switch over to it in a heartbeat, otherwise, even if it had nice skillset, I would always be deterred from using it.

Oh it's disrespectful to not like a design? Oh poor me for having an opinion, I'll go back to my cave then.

Oh and by the way, I've seen people of your side telling others to shut up and make fun of us for not liking the design. Your side ain't perfect.

Do you lack basic reading comprehension? I said it is disrespectful to BASH on the design. It isn't disrespectful to DISLIKE.

BASH =/= DISLIKE

I've been quite productive. For both sides in fact. I've defended the frame with some points and then went against him for other reasons. But I'm sorry, when you see that BS being used against us, it's just unacceptable. 

And his reason is that "it's more playful than the other posts" doesn't cut it. 

It is not playful with that design of the meme crying and raging about we say it isn't a dragon. If I kept posting that one I made, you'd have the same reaction.

tumblr_m8gabgVAEC1qlkhfco3_250_zps13b69f sorry had to

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

Im fine with hes powers, i seen the skill names too and they sound cool, but the frame itself looks bad mostly the head, an dragon themed frame dat dont reminds of one