Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

1.) Calm down.

2.) Look at their post count. Do you really think someone with 32 posts is gonna have been everywhere on the forums and seen that (or streams of course)?

3.) I've not seen anything denying it. If you're going to scream at someone that is was confirmed to not be it, give proof.

look at his forum avatar and tell us you weren't expecting it.

Edited by Legion-Shields

That, and I recall there was a lot of concern when mod colors were changed coming from the colorblind members of the community over having a hard time telling the difference between mods... I wonder how well something like this will be received by them, as well?

In as much as I speak for myself as a colour blind person, I'm admittedly less interested than I was originally for the new frame; colour is fascinating but I like it in a realm that doesn't affect gameplay if I can help it. Now, with the mod colour thing, it wasn't so bad as they added the little "Top of the card" stars from 1 to 4 to tell you the rarity of it, Common - Uncommon - Rare - Legendary. Seeing as the colour palettes lack in the way of labels beyond their grouping name and which ones you have favourited/equipped...not quite the same ease of use at present.

As I've stated earlier elsewhere, either they've taken into account needing to make it easy for people to tell what Colour does what, so this frame will come along with some (I'd admittedly argue necessary) further Colour Blind accessibility UI stuff and everyone can benefit from a nice simple symbol or label (just look at the nicely named Dojo pigments).

But, and I mean no disrespect, I find it more likely to expect that it'll be released, no correlating mitigation will come with it and another protracted "Can you give us something to tell what's going on?" thread will arise in UI.

Now, this is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate foresight and consideration; the Devs know that colour blind people play the game, and they've made Warframe very much built on the idea of 'as accessible as possible'. They've made some good efforts with the immediately important stuff, and, by logical rights if Colour is now a Primary factor in this Warframe's ability pool and its use, then colours should be getting something akin to the 'Mod Rarity Star' at the least so they can sort of pre-empt concerns.

Sadly, I'm not going to expect anything more than 'Warframe is released, colour choice is same as it is now; gauge it by highlighting on a frame' at this point in time. Mechanically though, yeah, it'll be different alright. Props for creativity, I'll probably acquire the frame but I cannot see myself truly being able to enjoy it when it's...well...based on that which I find difficult. The number of times I've thought a frame is a cool Yellow when they're apparently using Infested Green is...a lot. That confusion now affecting my ability to use a frame proper? Come back interest, come back...

Although I suspect that for sheer practicality, because energy colour does play a large part in this frame's use, aesthetically it should have more notable energy line parts, so you can tell more readily what you or someone else might be using. Assuming you can tell what colour it is, of course.

Apologies for the rambling, but well, a question was asked.

lol I just love the comments of people thinking its that "dragon" warframe, hes nothing to do with elemental, and besides this "Dragon" sounds more like Rhino but, A BLOODY DRAGON!

I mean come on, a dragon is so much better then a Rhino, but like I said highly doubt its that

But there is a fair amount of evidence.

Dragon.

Dragons breathe different elements based on what color they are in D&D.

Steve said people weren't being nerdy enough.

D&D. Nerdy.

Makes way more sense then a rainbow frame given that he said in the stream it isn't rainbow frame. Light and prism are offshoots of rainbow and not likely either. Especially since Mirage is more or less the prism frame.

Dragon frame, probably. Scott was a bit dissapointed most people didn't get it, alluded to nerdiness, and honestly, what reference could be nerdier than D&D's Chromatic Dragons having an elemental effect depending on their colour?

EG, Red dragons get fire breath, black dragons get a corrosive breath, blue dragons get lightning, white dragons get cold, and green dragons get a poiso gas breath, etc...

At this point Im inclined to believe that it is not a light - based frame due to them saying vets wouldn't expect it.  Judging by most responses in this thread, it seems you are expecting it.

I am however leaning more towards the possibility of a dragon - based frame for a few reasons (Soe of this may be a stretch so don't shoot me if I'm off):

- For any of you who have ever played D&D, the hint that color effects power type, the immediate thought points towards dragons.  for those who havent, In D&D all of their dragons have various attacks based on what type of dragon it is (which is of course denoted by its color)

- DE likes MTG - I can at least confirm Rebecca does at the very least (based on her mana tap reference and by looking 5 seconds at her twitter and seeing her talking about a Black-Red deck).  As any MTG lore fan knows whats going on in the current set, there are various dragons of different colors and thus different elements.  I'd be willing to bet that in their free time they play a few games even with eachother.  This leads me to think it wouldnt be much of a stretch to think they are also fans of D&D as well (heck I'd even wager they have a session in progress too).

- During the Devstream Rebecca mentioned that if she saw the correct answer shed say it was said but not who said it.  light frame was said multiple times as well as prism and rainbow.  However not too long after I typed in Dragon Frame she said someone guessed it, and said someone else guessed it shortly after another person typed in dragon frame as well.  Out of all the guesses I recall seeing in chat during the timeframe when she said shed call it out if someone guessed correctly and when she stopped looking to see if anyone guessed it, dragon was the only one I recall seeing no more than twice (my guess included).

TL;DR - It may be a stretch/ conspiracy theory in my head but I strongly believe that the new frame is a dragon warframe based on a few things i picked up not only on the stream but elsewhere as well.

This is what we have so far, and it's a lot. This is why it's one of the main theories.

-snip-

I absolutely love the Dragon 2.0 concept thread, and I really want it to be added..

but I have to agree with you, the skills are abit too Rhino-ish..

but, as long as they don't deviate from the art design too much (which I freakn love) I'm fine with it

But there is a fair amount of evidence.

Well, why point have the Dragon warframe?, I highly doubt a dragon warframe has anything to do with color elemental and secondly how do we kown its not going to be based of Typhus?, also lastly that "Dragon" warframe, looks more like a spinoff of Rhino and Zephyr, and well to be honest, I hardly see the similarities.

Also, if this is the "great mighty" fan based one, I mean Dragon has 1214 Votes, while Typus has 1539, so a bit of a failed logic there, and another thing, where is this evidence?, where is this solid pure evidence its an dragon warframe, to be more fact that "concept" one

And 2ndly, how is the Dragon warframe be, "Shocking", "surprising", I see nothing special about it, so unless we have solid on paper proof its this "dragon" then we'll see. But hardly see how it will be., Also really? Really you guys are fanning off "Dungeons & Dragons", that almost said that we should base something of WoW, cuz dis warframe matches it.

Also, granted, Zephyr's design is close to the fan-based one and not powers but, honestly I see no good logic in picking that over the others, So I highly don't think its that, and if it turns out to be, then where is the other fan based ones hum?

look at his forum avatar and tell us you weren't expecting it.

Again, post count.

Just because they have an avatar from an old Prime Access doesn't mean they spend all day on the forums. god knows I do though

Profile icons are a thing in-game too.

logic can help us here

we should compile a roughly accurate list of all frames that were suggested at the relevant time period,accounting for stream delay

and then narrow it down with what we do know about what it will be...I,E, not a light frame,energy color changes element damage,male and so on

then it should become fairly clear

I'm just gonna wait until either DE says something, or U16 comes out.

That's a good idea though.

Again, post count.

Just because they have an avatar from an old Prime Access doesn't mean they spend all day on the forums. god knows I do though

Profile icons are a thing in-game too.

I'm just gonna wait until either DE says something, or U16 comes out.

That's a good idea though.

lets hope they give us a sneak peek at the frame on this coming friday's devstream

Well, why point have the Dragon warframe?, I highly doubt a dragon warframe has anything to do with color elemental and secondly how do we kown its not going to be based of Typhus?, also lastly that "Dragon" warframe, looks more like a spinoff of Rhino and Zephyr, and well to be honest, I hardly see the similarities.

Also, if this is the "great mighty" fan based one, I mean Dragon has 1214 Votes, while Typus has 1539, so a bit of a failed logic there, and another thing, where is this evidence?, where is this solid pure evidence its an dragon warframe, to be more fact that "concept" one

And 2ndly, how is the Dragon warframe be, "Shocking", "surprising", I see nothing special about it, so unless we have solid on paper proof its this "dragon" then we'll see. But hardly see how it will be., Also really? Really you guys are fanning off "Dungeons & Dragons", that almost said that we should base something of WoW, cuz dis warframe matches it.

Also, granted, Zephyr's design is close to the fan-based one and not powers but, honestly I see no good logic in picking that over the others, So I highly don't think its that, and if it turns out to be, then where is the other fan based ones hum?

1.a noone ever said there was pure evidence, all speculation.

1.b noone ever claimed they were 100% sure it was going to be Dragon. most of us just want him to be.

2.   you doubt a dragon has anything to do with colors... do you even know anything about dragons?

3.   yes, Typhus is more popular, but Typhus has nothing to do with color.

4.   yes, many of us, even the ones who support it being Dragon, have accepted that Dragon looks like Rhino/Zephyr in terms of abilities.

but noone ever said DE was going to literally copy/paste the abilities.

It's the abilities that would make it a Rhino/Zephyr clone.. but nowhere does it say DE is not going to change them.

1.a noone ever said there was pure evidence, all speculation.

1.b noone ever claimed they were 100% sure it was going to be Dragon. most of us just want him to be.

2.   you doubt a dragon has anything to do with colors... do you even know anything about dragons?

3.   yes, Typhus is more popular, but Typhus has nothing to do with color.

4.   yes, many of us, even the ones who support it being Dragon, have accepted that Dragon looks like Rhino/Zephyr in terms of abilities.

but noone ever said DE was going to literally copy/paste the abilities.

It's the abilities that would make it a Rhino/Zephyr clone.. but nowhere does it say DE is not going to change them.

on that note, i think all of zephyr's abilities were changed along side a slight modification to the design. so i think the same would happen IF dragon were the frame coming out

-snip-

1. Well then, thats good, Speculations are nice to have I guess

1.2. And the people who DON'T want him?

2. Do I NEED to kown anything about dragons, just to keep the D&D fanboys?, NO, I only kown few things about dragons, Not the BS that D&D has

3. Thats an good point and glad you saw that out.

4. Good point

Edited by LegionCynex

1. Well then, thats good, Speculations are nice to have I guess

1.2. And the people who DON'T want him?

2. Do I NEED to kown anything about dragons, just to keep the D&D fanboys?, NO, I only kown few things about dragons, Not the BS that D&D has

3. Thats an good point and glad you saw that out.

4. Good point

1a. thank you

1b. the people who DON'T want him are just that, they DON'T want him, I said 'most of us' not 'all of us'

2.   I didn't mean "not knowing anything about dragons is bad and you should feel bad"

I meant it as, don't say dragons have nothing to do with colors if you don't know anything about dragons.

just like how parents shouldn't say your video games cause viruses, if they don't know anything about computers :P.

3. thank you

4. thank you

1a. thank you

1b. the people who DON'T want him are just that, they DON'T want him, I said 'most of us' not 'all of us'

2.   I didn't mean "not knowing anything about dragons is bad and you should feel bad"

I meant it as, don't say dragons have nothing to do with colors if you don't know anything about dragons.

just like how parents shouldn't say your video games cause viruses, if they don't know anything about computers :P.

3. thank you

4. thank you

1a: your welcome!

1b: Alright then, time to join the Dragon Hype!

2. Well, sadly thats the case, all I kown is fire breathing dragons, they can fly, they look badass and can shout< (Joke), I really don't like to just go with logic from an game like WoW, as any fans will think thats the truth, cuz its the game they like. And good point!

3. Your welcome

4. Yo_ yeah you get the point 

And well I have to admit, I do like the Design of Dragon, but I just hate his powers, It be nice if the OP can change his colors or so, my only issue there, like people with Typus, they like his design just not his gameplay. And well I do like Typus more then Dragon.

1a: your welcome!

1b: Alright then, time to join the Dragon Hype!

2. Well, sadly thats the case, all I kown is fire breathing dragons, they can fly, they look badass and can shout< (Joke), I really don't like to just go with logic from an game like WoW, as any fans will think thats the truth, cuz its the game they like. And good point!

3. Your welcome

4. Yo_ yeah you get the point 

And well I have to admit, I do like the Design of Dragon, but I just hate his powers, It be nice if the OP can change his colors or so, my only issue there, like people with Typus, they like his design just not his gameplay. And well I do like Typus more then Dragon.

Same here. I think it is a neat concept, but his abilities make him really off putting to me. Always loved Dragons. Huge fire breathing lizards are pretty badass. Honestly, I think a Dragon frame should stick to dragon-esque abilities. Maybe some fire spitting. And we know how much dragons love kidnapping royalty. So, Dragon should have a passive that makes him do more damage to the Queens, whenever they come out.

And Typhus is awesome. My fav as well.

Edited by CoRRh

-snip-

I follow and participate in both the Typhus and Dragon thread and Love both of them.

yes, I admit, I currently love Dragon more for his design than for his abilites. but I also really looked forward to having a new tank warframe that wasn't Rhino,

'if' the new warframe is dragon I doubt he'll be as tanky as the concept made him out to be,

but as long as I can play as a Spiky, more buff, and actually horned Rhino, I'm ok with any ability :P

Typhus I love for both his abilities and his art.. RedSkittlez is an amazing artist.

The idea of starting a mission being fragile and slowly beafing yourself up every mission is really intriguing.

Red also is amazing at combining the abilities with the art, making them work together perfectly

i.e. new shoulder mounted missiles/lasers, or chest bursting hentai attack.

Edited by BaIthazar

Same here. I think it is a neat concept, but his abilities make him really off putting to me. Always loved Dragons. Huge fire breathing lizards are pretty badass. Honestly, I think a Dragon frame should stick to dragon-esque abilities. Maybe some fire spitting. And we know how much dragons love kidnapping royalty. So, Dragon should have a passive that makes him do more damage to the Queens, whenever they come out.

And Typhus is awesome. My fav as well.

I kown right, the concept is such wonderful idea, but the powers just make me want to throw up, If I had the OPs permission I whuold change the hole power-set, the Dragons look chuold be better as well, or altelst colored and had more fine detail like Typhus,

But, yeah whuold love a dragon warframe.

I follow and participate in both the Typhus and Dragon thread and Love both of them.

yes, I admit, I currently love Dragon more for his design than for his abilites. but I also really looked forward to having a new tank warframe that wasn't Rhino,

'if' the new warframe is dragon I doubt he'll be as tanky as the concept made him out to be,

but as long as I can play as a Spiky, more buff, and actually horned Rhino, I'm ok with any ability :P

Typhus I love for both his abilities and his art.. RedSkittlez is an amazing artist.

The idea of starting a mission being fragile and slowly beafing yourself up every mission is really intriguing.

Red also is amazing at combining the abilities with the art, making them work together perfectly

i.e. new shoulder mounted missiles/lasers, or chest bursting hentai attack.

Same here, I'll love an dragon, but the design and powers, really need a rework like I said, other then that its great, its why I love Typus much more over Dragon, as Typus is more loved and has more care into him.