Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Archwing Integration Hype Megathread

Morec0

I like how people are debating why there'd be Obsidian on Uranus. I mean...we've got Earth overrun with plants (although that one can kinda make sense - it DOES have vegetation right now), Mars and Venus are both Ice Outposts (unless those tilesets are specified to be on asteroids around the planets) when neither one inherently looks like it has ice (Venus because of obscene temperatures, Mars because red)...

I like how people are debating why there'd be Obsidian on Uranus. I mean...we've got Earth overrun with plants (although that one can kinda make sense - it DOES have vegetation right now), Mars and Venus are both Ice Outposts (unless those tilesets are specified to be on asteroids around the planets) when neither one inherently looks like it has ice (Venus because of obscene temperatures, Mars because red)...

Mars' got Ice caps on the poles, so it's not improbable for it and when you think about it it's the drop location for Mag - magnetic poles, anyone?

Yeah, yeah, I know Mars' got no magnetic field anymore, but I still see what DE did there.

And I remain convinced that Venus is still a work-in-progress tileset. I'm hoping for lava-themed Corpus tileset to replace it soon.

As for the obsidian: either what has been said is plausible, or maybe DE'll be going back and fixing up some of the textures to make them more diamondy (since I've read about the possibility of oceans of liquid diamond underneath the surface)? That map WAS still pretty unfinished by the looks of it.

Edited by Morec0

liquid diamond

Er...considering Diamond is literally compressed Carbon, wouldn't 'Liquid Diamond' be chemically similar to things like oil?

Feel free to correct me, my Geology and general Chemistry is limited. But the concept of Liquid Diamond seems strange to me...is such a thing possible?

Er...considering Diamond is literally compressed Carbon, wouldn't 'Liquid Diamond' be chemically similar to things like oil?

Feel free to correct me, my Geology and general Chemistry is limited. But the concept of Liquid Diamond seems strange to me...is such a thing possible?

I have no idea. I'm running off of a wikipedia entry that reads:

"Very-high-pressure experiments at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory suggest that the base of the mantle may comprise an ocean of liquid diamond, with floating solid 'diamond-bergs'."

More likely is what was said right before it: "The ice mantle is not in fact composed of ice in the conventional sense, but of a hot and dense fluid consisting of water, ammonia and other volatiles.[11][58] This fluid, which has a high electrical conductivity, is sometimes called a water–ammonia ocean."

Why would they change Uranus space missions to underwater ones? Is there water floating in orbit now?

They said that instead of swimming in underwater levels, we would use our archwings.

Maybe they'll move those missions into unique underwater tilesets, maybe they'll leave them in space as they are. Either way, I still think it's pretty solid to assume that the underwater tileset - known to be owned by Regor because of the Regor-centric statues that were teased in concept art for it - will be on the current planet that's got Regor - Uranus. 

Maybe they'll move those missions into unique underwater tilesets, maybe they'll leave them in space as they are. Either way, I still think it's pretty solid to assume that the underwater tileset - known to be owned by Regor because of the Regor-centric statues that were teased in concept art for it - will be on the current planet that's got Regor - Uranus. 

Not doubting the placement, I would just question the replacement of the space mission. It'll be fun to play either way, and I'll still be on Jupiter trying to get my second Decurion barrel -_-

Not doubting the placement, I would just question the replacement of the space mission. It'll be fun to play either way, and I'll still be on Jupiter trying to get my second Decurion barrel -_-

I got mine fairly easily - it was the fuckin' receivers that were a nightmare.