Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Explosions

Cat_Jam

So as you know, when you reach the 2,000 exp cap your syndicate weapon of choice explodes dealing damage (type dependent on syndicate).

The aura given to your warframe isn't customisable at all, so why not make it match the warframe's weapon's energy colour?

EDIT: People have suggested the weapon's energy colour over the warframe's energy colour, since the aura is caused from the weapons and not the warframe.

Edited by Cat_Jam

The idea behind those colors was to emphasize the damage type associated with the ability (Radiation, Corrosive, etc).  Since it's coming from the sydicate, indirectly, and not your own Warframe, applying that energy color was a toss-up...I'd be interested to know what others think (no promises though).

I'd rather not. When we had Warframe powers reflect our energy colour the quality of the effects became reasonably poor, moreso with the change to make black a useable colour. So if syndicate explosions change I would expect the same thing. They just appear cheap and lack any depth or decent efx like they used to.

The aura should be based on weapon energy color. Furthermore, please allow us to change the energy color on syndicate weapons since it is currently locked as the default color and setting a new color does nothing. 

Uh, that's not right. Considering my Synoid Gammacor is pouring forth a glorious orange beam, and someone I played with today was using blood red.

The aura should be based on weapon energy color. Furthermore, please allow us to change the energy color on syndicate weapons since it is currently locked as the default color and setting a new color does nothing. 

Yes, this should be right. Syndicates effect color must be the same as weapons energy color, since effect come from weapons. 

And I don't know about Synoid, but on Telos energy color is always yellow, no matter how you change it.

Uh, that's not right. Considering my Synoid Gammacor is pouring forth a glorious orange beam, and someone I played with today was using blood red.

Not the projectiles/beams/whatever but rather the weapon itself. For example, the Telos Akbolto will always have a yellow energy color on the pistols themselves, as does the Vaykor Marelok with a light blue.

The idea behind those colors was to emphasize the damage type associated with the ability (Radiation, Corrosive, etc).  Since it's coming from the sydicate, indirectly, and not your own Warframe, applying that energy color was a toss-up...I'd be interested to know what others think (no promises though).

My only issue with it is the fact it looks rather tacky when I use the syndicate weapon on a set which varies in colour (I usually run with a black, blue and gold colour scheme). I only suggested warframe energy because the aura is around the warframe but it may as well be dependent on the weapon of choice (will edit this into my OP).

I'm used to the explosions occurring and visually seeing the enemies effected with the varying damage types (corrosive, blast, viral etc), rather than paying attention to the explosion colour-- however, when I stand still and realise I'm coated in a mirky egg-shell energy aura while running on a mainly black warframe it looks, for lack of a better word, weird.

Would it be possible to keep the same explosion/aura animation but change it dependent on the weapon's energy colour?

I'd take any change if it came with a cleanup (read "removal") of the associated superfluous UI popups!

Anyway, yeah, weapon energy colour would be nice, as would customisable energy colour for those weapons that don't allow it as mentioned above.

I have the same feeling about this that I do about gold on Prime stuff, it's perfectly reasonable to keep certain things as is.

Also, I dont think it's all that flattering to ask the Devs to let us change everything when we dont like it, as if we think everything they give us is somehow defective.

Probably too strong a response, but whatevs. Another Tint option on the syndicate weapon's color picker to tweak only the effect would be fine I guess.

Edited by DarkTails