Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potato Salvage

Oberonight

Let's say someone just replaced their Rhino with Rhino Prime; however, the player then realizes that their original Rhino is better for one simple reason: it has a reactor while the Prime does not.

Primes should be better than originals but they simply can't if the original has a potato and they don't.

Furthermore, if the player decides to leave their original weapon/frame unpotatoed while farming for the Prime than they will be at a disadvantage. It's a Lose-Lose situation.

Situations like these show that progress is actually punishing the player.

So my idea is to implement a potato salvage mechanic to the foundry.

With this new mechanic you can select any potatoed weapon/frame and initiate a 5 minute wait time.

After 5 minutes the selected item will be destroyed and one catalyst/reactor will be received.

Pretty simple and allows original equipment to, in some sense, be used for Primes.

EDIT: this will also work for forma as well. (thanks to Drunken_Child for reminding about Forma)

Edited by Oberonight

This won't happen.... cool but, won't happen.

Example: you level up a weapon lvl 0 to 30 with a catalyst, then destroy it and retrieve the catalyst, craft a new weapon, and repeat.

This way you could level up a weapon super easily.

Also, second argument, they sell catalyst / reactor / forma, therefore they won't give you a so easy way to get your potatoes back.

...no, lol.

Nobody forced you to potato that item, and pretty much any item is subject to be primed, wraith'd, vandalized or +1UP'd. DE needs a source of income.

It's not that any1 forced me to potato; it's the fact that making my weapon stronger actually makes me weaker...which makes no sense. 

Think about it like this. You're going to potato and forma your D.Nikana anyway. What's the harm in having the normal Nikana potatoed while farming for the D.Nikana? Why shouldn't it transfer to the D.Nikana?

20 plat is all that going to be spent regardless. DE is not losing money at all, in fact more potatoes will be bought since they will be a whole lot more useful. You essentially just buy the same single potato earlier thus resulting in faster profit for DE.