Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things I Believe The Sentients Should Have/be

Institute-Marksman

+GunDownGrace

You speak wise words, fellow Tenno.

Perhaps they should allow us to join a faction, allow us to learn from their mistakes.

Join the Grineer, and be subject to their laws and restictions, and the fact that most of them will hate you and force you to be alone, because their brother's blood is on your hands.

Join the Corpus, be observed and treated at like an animal, feel the dozens of eyes scanning every part of you for anything valuable.

Syndicates are a step in the right direction, but they indeed do not compensate for the lack of free will.

Tenno can't have private lives, because there is a system to keep under control. We are essentially a police force, trying to stop a rioting mob.

follow the lotus`s orders like a drone,because you have no choice...your free to do what she tells you,your free to live how she wants you to live

she is like a dualistic psycopath,showing love when things go her way,but getting insane and manaical when things dont..

using the tenno as her own private army

id like to think there is one who would oppose this,that would bring us vengeance and fight for our beliefs

tl;dr: im likening the lotus as a female version of the architect from the matrix,she matches him so close its creepy

what im waiting for is the oracle

Edited by GunDownGrace

+ d1sc1p1

That is what I wish to avoid at every cost.
It will make them just another rogue AI, which disappoints me.

Don't just do the same old thing over and over again, do something different, for a change!

I don't want another Glad0s, or any other Artificial Intelligence gone haywire, It's been done before.

+GunDownGrace

I hear you, but I understand what the Lotus wants, so here is where we part ways. The Lotus apparently knows how to keep the system at balance, and I see that too. Our best chance of keeping things in order, is to do our thing, under the guidance of the Lotus.

Or would you rather have us exterminating millions of people again, and have the System at the mercy of the Sentients?

If I were to have an alternative to the Lotus, it would have to be a Tenno who didn't follow orders from the Lotus. I'd like to see what he has to say.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I always think about Sentients as self aware machines (example: Geth in Mass Effect universe). The name, in my opinion, is so obvious.

Speaking of Mass Effect, The whole War with the Sentients seems like the Rachni Wars in ME lore. The Sentients being the Rachni, the Tenno being the Krogan, and the Orokin being the Citadel species.

(The Rachni were a threat to the Galaxy, and in desperation, the Citadel species turned to the Krogan, (who were sort of unadvanced compared to the rest of the Galaxy) and the Citadel species uplifted the Krogan to fight the Rachni, and the Krogan practically wiped out the Rachni completely. There's more to it, but it's not really relevant to my point. )

Yall need to read Excalibur prime's codex.

The tenno were made to fight the sentients, in fact we were specifically made so that the sentients couldn't affect us...

Or, at the very least, something about us made it so the Sentients can't affect us - it's because of this I REALLY DOUBT that the Sentients have any connection to the Void, if they did they'd be a little more equipped to have handled us, like they had the rest of the Orokin.

And, because of this lack of connection to the Void, I also doubt that the Sentients were the ones that were the aggressors in the Old War - after all, even the Solar Rails use the void to some extent (by Mag's Codex), and the Solar Rails/Void seem to be the only way to travel easily through the universe; and then there's the whole "they had to go to another system entirely to even fight the Sentients for the first time" bit, from Mag's Codex a well...

EDIT: Oh, and as for what they are, I don't think they're machines. I think they're called "Sentients" because they were the first (and only, probably) Sentient life the Orokin and humanity encountered.

Edited by Morec0

I think they're a lot like the Borg...They assimilate technology instead of people though.

But I think their flaws are that they can only assimilate "solid tech"...Nanites and technocyte are implied to have at least a bit of their own mind (or a degree of uncontrolled mindlessness),which would actually end up doing more damage than good.for them. I think any form of "living tech" would be anethema to an aware machine that isn't truly alive...also anything considered primitive would be avoided since backstepping isn't something a computer would see as beneficial to it's evolution,so we can still use our guns and whatnot.

See I think they're called Sentients because at one point they were probably free floating intelligence that found its way into machine bodies (again Borg fit this kind of perfectly,but without the fleshy aspect)..

Actually? A combination of the Borg and Ultron would probably describe them best...

Assimilate all advanced Tech (borg). Never take a step back in your evolution (Ultron).

Nah. I'd rather not go down the path of another goddamn AI. They can be good guys, you know? Cordylon, Suda, they're our pals.

Question is... what would be interesting thematically? Are they the antithesis of Empire, come to disprove everything the Orokin stand for? Are they monsters from the Void provoked by an unknown error or by greedy treasure hunters? Are they an alien race who were driven to fight us because of a misunderstanding? Are they an alien entity so superior to us, able to create not only machines but art that provokes galactic minds on a million levels, able to feel in ways fleshy pink things cannot, that they see no purpose for our existience?

Because if they're some sort of cliche borg-thing then I'll be very disappointed.

From what I gathered (in mere snippets of vague and abstract lore) they were the first real threat the Orokin truly faced....and one that advanced tech made stronger...

Don't get me wrong ...I don't WANT them to be the Borg....ugh...I want something Original...but I can't help but see them this way (for now).

Though why the Corpus would exist if the Sentients are Tech based....would be one huge loophole...

I mean they can't be flesh based...otherwise the advanced tech would have wiped them out instead of making them stronger.....unless....oooo...

What if they've got some kind of mutant gene? Like they feed on energy...It would explain why advanced weapons were useless,being flesh they'd be vulnerable to Void energy. And as living things Technocyte (in it's purest form at least) would try to take them over...Thus Warframes would be something of a superweapon against them...

Plot twist: the Sentients were the humans.

The Orokin were the alien race that enslaved most of the Origin system humans under their rule. And the Sentients were the human rebellion. Thus why their every advance turned on them- Sentient spies stole the technology they were forced to manufacture every time.

The Ember P entry is from the Sentient perspective.

Then the Orokin snatched up the empowered kids, put them in a suit to their tastes and fed them and their human populace a lie about how they were Orokin rescued from the void.

And it worked...

Until we found out.

We were the bad guys all along.

Edited by Hyenasaurus

- Live on Void Energy. Therefore, they will attempt to 'harvest' Tenno, integrate them with themselves.

That seems very unlikely if you consider excaliburs lore entry:

"The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.

Excalibur was the first."

In the bolded text the Orokin refer to the void as something they and the Sentients dont understand. If the Sentients dont understand the void i find it unlikely they would be able to feed on whatever energy would be in there. The Sentients are most likely beings that adhere to exstreme logic.

Edited by Ory_Hara

wow I havent revisited Sentient theory in a while.

i agree that just another ai-race would be a letdown. In that case unleash the Cephalons upon us, because they fit the best.

No, I rather see them as as advanced as the Orokin Empire and just as technology dependent.

What do we have to tie everything together that DE have created? If we exclude void space, the answer is Technocyte.

What is a warframe? What are the infested really? Living nano-bots capable of assimilating and turning flesh and metal against its allies.

So why not see them as just that, either Pure TC lifeforms, or aliens taken over by it.

Machines failed against them. Biological soldiers failed too.

The more advanced the Orokin army became, the more they lost.

wow I havent revisited Sentient theory in a while.

i agree that just another ai-race would be a letdown. In that case unleash the Cephalons upon us, because they fit the best.

No, I rather see them as as advanced as the Orokin Empire and just as technology dependent.

What do we have to tie everything together that DE have created? If we exclude void space, the answer is Technocyte.

What is a warframe? What are the infested really? Living nano-bots capable of assimilating and turning flesh and metal against its allies.

So why not see them as just that, either Pure TC lifeforms, or aliens taken over by it.

Machines failed against them. Biological soldiers failed too.

The more advanced the Orokin army became, the more they lost.

>.> logic gives a clear answer here based off of what you said

we are roughly similar to the sentients,but opposite

technocyte sentients =/= technocyte based warframes

My take on the sentients:

High-tech, but with a different aesthetic than the Corpus - Organic flowing lines, smooth curves and armor that looks segmented rather than jointed or boxy. Units should feel like they're part of the ship/building, rather than just something that lives there.

A focus on precision gameplay rather than sheer DPS  to take them down (i.e. have a lot of armored areas, but the parts that aren't armored are super vulnerable) - partly because I want things like bows and sniper rifles to be good choices in more of the content, partly because it makes sense - if MOAR GUN was a useful solution against the sentients, the Orokin wouldn't really have needed the Tenno instead of just building a S#&$load of giant space cannons.

Capable of turning the environment against us. I want to feel like the ship I'm in is willing to die tearing itself apart just to kill us, meaning we'd have an actively changing environment to fight through - the hull tearing itself open to vent the section we're in, doors trying to catch us like the jaws of a great beast, conduits glowing and humming before they explode in a blast of flickering lighting.

Like the Corrupted, capable of stealing the units of other factions - although to distinguish them, maybe only have it take non-biological units

Edited by Greenius