The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Situation Of This Event And The Rest Of The Event.

BETAOPTICS

we just attack normal missions in europe? I think it should be explained better, because when i opened the game and saw the 8% bar i had no idea how to contribute to it.

Any location within Europa, yes.  

Honestly this event isn't all that appealing to me.

"Kill an undefined number of a certain enemy type (which you may or may not come across) for an unknown reward (which you may or may not receive) in missions that you have already played hundreds of times before."

To each his own, I suppose.

This. This event could have used something more to keep people motivated, everything from the goal to how the goal is presented.

"Oh, man. That sucks Tenno. You didn't even come close. Well thats okay, guess you'll just have to deal with those mobs forever now. Oh - here - you know what, take this Weapon. You're gonna need it since you suck so bad!"

Hahaha. That'd rustle so many jimmies.

Yep! There is really nothing to worry about. DE would never cook up new content just for the sake of never putting it in the game over some event. That'd be silly.

We should just forge onward. Win or lose it at least we wont look like ninnies by the end!

So basically what you're saying is that is they'll give us the item even if we fail the event. So what's the point of even participating in the event in the first place if we're guaranteed the reward?

Edited by DishSoap

I've been playing Europa continuously from 8% to 10% tonight (in Hong Kong), I'm really tired ._. hopefully the Americans will get that percentage up once they're all awake. i really want to know what happens if we win/lose though.

So basically what you're saying is that is they'll give us the item even if we fail the event. So what's the point of even participating in the event in the first place if we're guaranteed the reward?

I'm saying nothing of the sort, I'm just sharing my thoughts. I wouldn't actually know anything juicy about the event. They haven't told me anything more then they've told you.

I'm seeing some ME3 vets talking about Bioware's events. It was fairly well know overthere that Bioware was fudging numbers. Not only were they not tracking in real time but quite often did a little bit of number fudging post event. It's one reason they did the million Banshee kill event, to insure it lost plausibly. They always hid the numbers.

So additionally ME3 had the extra player base of the Xbox set.

I'm guessing it's rigged (such events usually are, devs won't throw away content they spent time modelling/coding), but if not (or if the point isn't succeeding but reaching a certain amount of completion), giving us some alerts with mostly Fusion MOAs to fight would help. As long as said missions also net decent and varied crafting materials, as many people aren't participating 'cause they've got grinding to do on other planets.

I'm guessing it's rigged (such events usually are, devs won't throw away content they spent time modelling/coding), but if not (or if the point isn't succeeding but reaching a certain amount of completion), giving us some alerts with mostly Fusion MOAs to fight would help. As long as said missions also net decent and varied crafting materials, as many people aren't participating 'cause they've got grinding to do on other planets.

well, it won't go to waste if it is planned properly.

e.g. if I were to design some content to be released after an event. When failed, instead of say "throwing away", I would just hold the content until another (possibly repeated) event. If the goals for first event is too unrealisitc, it can be tweaked for the second event. But I think I won't "rig" the numbers. It will break the player's motivation if discovered, and will also break the motivation of people who worked hard for the event.

Anyway, I think the event is a good start at how DE answered players' feedback on the game being too static. The current events are still statically introduced (as opposed to dynamism that will affect normal missions as well), but I think it is a sign that there is effort dedicated towards the general direction, which is probably good news. I just hope that the general event and morale (of players and dev) will not be too sullied by all the unjustified negative feedback (no doubt, some are justified. others just want to jest/attack the general motivation because they are not motivated themselves).

Anyway, I believe that fun comes to those who desires and actively reach for fun. Back to white chicken hunting...

Im fighting them solo. (on Private) Its slow but im killing them one by one. Feel free to add me and join me in my struggles against the corpusss Well Tenno! Lets send them Moa's to where they came from! ...lets not they just get repaired en sent back to us... SEND EM TO THE SUN! (where ironicaly the corpus mainbase is hidden :o)

17% now, 5% jump for the last hour.

I couldn't believe it, but to suspect Devs are slowly lowering the numbers at the back.

Definitely doesn't have anything to do with it being the  middle of the day on the weekend in America, of course not

Edited by ValiantCorvus

That being said, even though the situation looks bad and desperate in my opinion, I believe in our community, I have faith in our community and I hope we will get this done. Now if you excuse me, I have to go to kick some Moa in the face.

Let's do this, Tenno.

i suspect the event is a lore tie-in to the trapper/engineer warframe that is due to come out soonish, along with the orokin environment tileset and hopefully update 8. win or lose Europa currently has no boss to fight for BP's, i suspect that will change at the end of this event. =)

Since we'll win for sure , what would be you dream reward ?

Let fly your imagination...

For me it would be 2 unique sentinel blueprint to craft a little fusion moa /a little fusion moa osprey.