The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Mesa Not Gaining Energy From Energy Orbs While Peacemaker Active

aVeryOddJew

I've noticed several times that while I have Peacemaker active, energy orbs that Carrier collects while in this state have no effect whatsoever.  Even after ending the ability, my energy didn't get restored from those collected orbs.  Please fix this issue as it not only doesn't restore the energy from those orbs collected, but also causes the orbs to disappear as if they were collected (which they technically were, but gave no effect at all).

Thats intended. All abilities that have a toggle and no duration leave you unable to get energy from restores or orbs. I think being banished is an exception.

It was a change that came in quite a few updates ago around U14ish I think. Mostly due to an exploit with hydriod and puddling pods indefinitely against infested.

Makes sense really. Otherwise you can pretty much just drop restores and have your team mates drop restores endlessly.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Thats intended. All abilities that have a toggle and no duration leave you unable to get energy from restores or orbs. I think being banished is an exception.

It was a change that came in quite a few updates ago around U14ish I think. Mostly due to an exploit with hydriod and puddling pods indefinitely against infested.

Makes sense really. Otherwise you can pretty much just drop restores and have your team mates drop restores endlessly.

this is intentional. Energy restores and energy vamp dont work either while her ult is channeled, only energy siphon and banishing works

But then the orbs shouldn't be picked up. The issue here is that the orbs ARE picked up by Mesa and restore nothing, thus wasting the orb. They should make it so Mesa doesn't even get the orbs to begin with.

Gaining energy from energy balls worked prior to the ember changes for both mesa and nyx after the trinity and energy restore gains were removed. Regardless if you're not intended now to be able to pick up energy in any capacity, then the energy balls shouldn't be consumed with no energy gain.

But then the orbs shouldn't be picked up. The issue here is that the orbs ARE picked up by Mesa and restore nothing, thus wasting the orb. They should make it so Mesa doesn't even get the orbs to begin with.

Well that part may be an oversight but the overall inability to recover energy while using these abilities is intended. Its always been like that, you still pick up orbs while disrupted/under a magnetic proc yet gain no energy. So its likely a carry over from that. 

So you are saying that it's intentional that the Warframe PICKS up the orbs and CONSUMES them without getting no energy at all even after you end the ultimate? That sounds more like a bug to me unless the devs are really evil.

I know that you are not able to gain energy DURING the ultimate, but why can the Warframe then pick up the orbs and "use them" with no gain? That's just wrong and waste of orbs.

So you are saying that it's intentional that the Warframe PICKS up the orbs and CONSUMES them without getting no energy at all even after you end the ultimate? That sounds more like a bug to me unless the devs are really evil.

I know that you are not able to gain energy DURING the ultimate, but why can the Warframe then pick up the orbs and "use them" with no gain? That's just wrong and waste of orbs.

Same way you can 'use' air resupply items even if you are at 100% air during Survival.

If you don't want to consume something, because it'll be wasted, don't pick it up till you need it. Or put another way, "Consider using something other than Carrier for all your Sentinel needs".

Same way you can 'use' air resupply items even if you are at 100% air during Survival.

If you don't want to consume something, because it'll be wasted, don't pick it up till you need it. Or put another way, "Consider using something other than Carrier for all your Sentinel needs".

That's bs logic. If you're full then the orb isn't be absorbed by the warframe. If you're full then energy plates can keep giving energy pulses without the warframe receiving any energy. However, here the carrier sentinel is picking up close by energy orbs and the warframe is absorbing it without restoring any energy. That's most likely a bug and not working as intended. Even if the orb is picked up by carrier it shouldn't be absorbed by mesa during peacemaker.

That's bs logic. If you're full then the orb isn't be absorbed by the warframe. If you're full then energy plates can keep giving energy pulses without the warframe receiving any energy. However, here the carrier sentinel is picking up close by energy orbs and the warframe is absorbing it without restoring any energy. That's most likely a bug and not working as intended. Even if the orb is picked up by carrier it shouldn't be absorbed by mesa during peacemaker.

Maybe, but that doesn't stop life support drops from getting picked up when the air is at 100%. It's how it works, that you don't get any energy resupplying during Peacemaker. If you're going to Peacemaker, and you're worried about picking up orbs because you've got a Carrier, don't bring the carrier. Bring a Deathcube. Or a Helios. Or just give another sentinel the Sweeper or take the pick-up vacuum card off of Carrier. You run carrier and have it pick up 5 life support drops when you're at 100%, congrats, you just screwed your team out of extra air. It happens. Live and learn.

Feel free to write a bug report about it to the devs, but most likely they'll say it's working as intented.