The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New: Mirror The Mod Contest

[DE]Megan

Ouch really hard to take screenshot like 0.2 sec casting time.... and that really wrong place but i can't find any picture are most the same like this anymore ._.

iAxk7Bf.png

EDIT : forgot to put name in picture.

Edited by Shafilp

I remade Malignant Force! (since someone already did Thief's Wit)

XuJq5KR.jpg

EDIT: Realized I forgot the cost - reuploaded it.

Before:

NLG3zvN.png

How I did it:

I actually used 3 different screenshots to create this, since I didn't see a rule against it.

Grineer guy - I had to find the right enemy and capture a screenshot of it in a bright place to mimic the original lighting, at which point I stood there and took a screencap when it was in the right position (had to use tanky Rhino instead of squishy Oberon). I used photoshop and made a layer out of it.

Mzv8LRt.jpg

Arm - you can probably tell that the arm is not the right one. I took a screencap of Oberon in idle position beside an orange light, and used photoshop to overlay it with the "shooting" Oberon. I used the paintbrush and band-aid tool to make that 'hand' actually look like one.

Jd2SEAq.jpg

Base layer - Oberon isn't actually even shooting. I looked at the malignant force and realized that it was impossible for me to get that view angle, so I waited until he did the idle animation where he swings back and forth with his gun. I painted over his head a bit to mimic the orange explosion energy.

K0upDKf.jpg

Explosions - I don't even know. They look like marshmallows. Please send help.

Edited by CaptainShortbus

No rules on editing right?

Then here's my shot at the mimic, doesn't have all that glamour the original had due to resizing but what the hek

QPHObAG.png <- Original /.VS.\ My Attempt ->e3F4CTQ.png?1

Wanna see how i did it?

Reference pictures:

rME30Na.jpg

5DJitlB.jpg

From left to right top to bottom editing phases:

Background        -----        Sentinal resized and warped   -----   Cut out original mod outline ----- darken specific BG areas

kz3KHPO.pnge1hJ3eQ.pngkrNTImP.pngzS27Gi8.png

Darken sentinal areas          -----         Added White bloom          ------     Added Orange Bloom    -----        Added Orange Mod Tint

1HH9xZq.png3NMeZBF.pngULYnNA5.pnge3F4CTQ.png?1

Edited by 4ever4gotin

Original

KomqIaw.png

Mine

XrMYJNm.png

To compose my version, I explored the game world and captured images of the elements I needed. 

I took the lockers and crate from the Corpus Ship tile set. I took the barrel and bench from Corpus Outpost. 

I needed an image of a Lanka. I considered trying to exploit the Drahk Master. But I liked the models shown in the Foundry better.

I happened to have a Lanka queued. But at first my Kohm was displayed. I claimed the Kohm and another item was displayed. And it seemed like the items were displayed in the order in which they were queued. I had about 40 items queued. And the Lanka was near the end. I quickly ran out of inventory slots. So, I spent a few hours trading for the platinum I needed to unlock my equipment until the Lanka was displayed in the Foundry. 

Another problem I had was taking the image. If the Z-axis is through the barrel, the problem was the Lanka was rotating around its X-axis with the barrel pointing into the cabin (imagine rotating around a rod through the trigger guard). So I had to flip camera angles and twerk inside the Liset until I could get a usable screenshot. (After I finished working on my version, I logged back into Warframe and found the Lanka rotating around its Z-axis with the barrel parallel to the hull. :( 

Finally, the ammo boxes came from Darvo's shop in the Kronia Relay near Saturn. I had screenshots from the wild. But Darvo's shop had better angles and lighting. 

I got lucky with the Lanka and trading. But the hardest parts for me were identifying the bench from the Corpus locker rooms and the "crate" or mainframe, which were few and scattered throughout Corpus tiles often with bad lighting. 

I used FRAPS for captures and Paint.NET for image editing. 

http://www.fraps.com/

http://www.getpaint.net/

Edited by Guest