Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Prime...

Thaumatos

Why?

The wiki states "The term Prime refers to any weapon, Warframe, or sentinel made with Orokin technology." All the time Stalker spends not harassing people could easily be spent searching the void and learning.

He's already learnt how to be immune to all abilties

I always assumed that the dread despair and hate were custom made by the stalker for the express purpose of hunting down tenno and therefore there should not be any other versions of his weapons although I could be totally wrong. 

At this time .... the little lore there is ....sais that there is only ONE Stalker and he uses Dread.

The Dread's age is comparable with Paris Prime's giving that Stalker never went into cryosleep(outside the point: I believe that Dread is a Prime Paris moddified by the Stalker to make decapitations posible, but I can, most likely, be wrong).

Lore sais that Prime weapons are the old Orokin weapons that are the base of the tenno manufactured weapons.

The difference between primes and regular ones is that the primes are built after the original blueprints using the original materials and the new ones are build from memory using "close enough" materials.

I can think of a way for a "Dread Prime" to exist and that is: - our Dread is not the exact replica of Stalker's one.

We get the "blueprint" after we defeat him so we actually build the dread from what we "think" we know about it. 

This idea can, very well, be the basis of a new quest to actually find Stalker's waepon blueprints. That would also mean that our Hate, Despair and Dread are mear copies build only from what we found after our encounters with the Stalker.

This quest would give us the means to build exact replicas of Stalker's weapons which you could call ...."Prime". 

The quest would start after we gather some nav coordinates after each encounter.(hopefully not behind some killer RNG ... I ran out of cats/dogs in my neighborhood for sacrifices........ kidding ..... or Am I !!!)

So ..... There's one way ...a Prime Dread can exist.

P.S. 

The RNG of Stalker weapons can be bypased with the codex. Everytime we would face the stalker we would scan him. These scans would sum up into 3 different codex entries (Hate, Dread, Despair). His drop would give more scans to one of them. DE can chose a threshold value (10, 20 ..... 30 scans - so the "What Stalker" pack still be relevant) at which that weapon's blueprint would appear in our foundry. Don't start flaming me ... I allready have those weapons but I hate RNG and if my idea can spare some people the grind I'm happy..

Edited by nekrojiji

Part of me really like this idea (Dread is my most used weapon) but another part of me can't really support it. The dread is already the King of weapons (look at the by the numbers post DE did) its an end game weapon, no need to fix what aint broke, besides i like the black red dread i wouldnt want to see any gold on it

I think Rakta Dread would fit the assassin theme better, on the other hand being able to buy it from Syndicate would make killing Stalker kinda pointless and unrewarding, because Dread is the best weapon you can get from him. So maybe just a Dread exclusive Syndicate mod?

Mara Detron from the void trader did what you said to old Detron. Never mind the syndicates. That trader dude may shock us with Mara/Dragon/Prisma/Prime/YourMom Dread one of these days, and then add a Primed Thunderbolt for extra spice.

problem the dread is already the most damaging weapon in the game fullstop so it does not need any upgrades at all

Correction --- Opticor Does way more damage non-crit and crit, has no travel time And deals Puncture making it far more suited for excessive content... Though outside of this exception the statement would hold

Correction --- Opticor Does way more damage non-crit and crit, has no travel time And deals Puncture making it far more suited for excessive content... Though outside of this exception the statement would hold

If you were doing excessive content regularly, you'd do a lot better with dread, with a crit build, and 4 corrosive projections, then an opticor without all that stuff, or with corrosive projection.

And Opticor does not beat a Dread on crits, due to red crits.

If you were doing excessive content regularly, you'd do a lot better with dread, with a crit build, and 4 corrosive projections, then an opticor without all that stuff, or with corrosive projection.

And Opticor does not beat a Dread on crits, due to red crits.

Opticor is just for fun, if you are seriously running around with that weapon, i would break squad and kick you out.

Opticor is just for fun, if you are seriously running around with that weapon, i would break squad and kick you out.

Wow, so taking an Opticor to a T4 def, when you're a Banshee/Nova(Depending on the group), and focusing on the heavier targets who aren't covered is an awful idea, and makes you an idiot? Guess I'm an idiot who succeeds, then.

It's hardly just for fun. It is, while not quite as capable as the dread in most circumstances, there are definitely some I'd recommend it.

I may have been not the most positive, but it is far from a "Just for fun" weapon, in my opinion.

Thoughts?...

The Stalker allready uses weapons which are technologically on par with Prime weapons and superior to their Tenno counterparts.

Since all his weapons resemble existing Tenno (superior to them) or Prime (slightly inferior to them) weapons. It's likely he upgraded Tenno weapons with his own more well preserved knowledge of the Orokin technology to make them equal to Prime weapons.

Given his backstory as "low guardian" it's unlikely that his original weapons had the same design or function as his current arsenal. All his weapons must have come from after the fall of the Orokin and modified to change his new persona.

Therefor his weapons can't have Prime counterparts since he alone made them. Infact it's likely his weapons are modification of Tenno weapons or similar downgrades from the same Prime versions.

Considering how close the Paris and Dread resemble each other (much more than with Paris Prime) it's very likely that the Dread is an upgraded Paris. He just changed the arrowheads towards that fan shape, fused the limbs shut and of course improved the overall performance.

Despair are superior to the Kunai, again hinting at Stalker having upgraded the design with his own knowledge of technology. Though we lack the Kunai Prime to see if the Despairs resemble the Tenno Kunai more than the Orokin Kunai.

For the Hate we have a similar problem, since we don't have a regular Reaper (and it's not clear if Ether Reapear is supposed to be the Tenno version of Reaper Prime) to compare it too. However there are enough elements which point towards Hate being connected to the Reaper Prime.

If there will ever be a regular Reaper, i wouldn't be suprised if it has a single blade and looks like a less edged version of the Hate.

For the Hate we have a similar problem, since we don't have a regular Reaper (and it's not clear if Ether Reapear is supposed to be the Tenno version of Reaper Prime) to compare it too. However there are enough elements which point towards Hate being connected to the Reaper Prime.

If there will ever be a regular Reaper, i wouldn't be suprised if it has a single blade and looks like a less edged version of the Hate.

If you'd like to see something interesting, look at Hate side by side with a Kama.

Okay, that's definetly interesting.

I think it lends some pretty serious proof to the theory that he's using modified tenno weapons.

My personal theory is that his insane and ultra-hateful void signature actually warped the weapons he was originally carrying into his current ones over the many thousands of years he's been awake.